Fair Poker

mesquotes

mesquotes

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Perhaps poker would be better if every time players were all-in, the dealer split the pot according to their equity, instead of running it out and pushing everything to the winner of the hand.
For instance, if Alice had AA and Bob had KK and both went all-in pre-flop with, say, $100 in the middle, the dealer would automatically award exactly $82 to Alice and $18 to Bob and move on to the next hand (these amounts are known as Sklansky bucks or all-in EV’s).
What an ideal world that would be, right? No more bad beats!

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That would make it impossible to knock anyone out of a tourney unless they shove on the river with no equity.

S

Sooted7s

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You would never be able to do anything

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This are against the poker game, imagine you doing all you can to win the pot, making traps, steal, and finish without all the money because the dealer had split the pot.

In PS we have a similar game, when we are playing in cash game we can choose to win our correspondent percentage of victory in the pot, but it will run until the river, to see what will happen and the other player can choose to play normal and not win his percentage of victory.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Perhaps poker would be better if every time players were all-in, the dealer split the pot according to their equity, instead of running it out and pushing everything to the winner of the hand.
For instance, if Alice had AA and Bob had KK and both went all-in pre-flop with, say, $100 in the middle, the dealer would automatically award exactly $82 to Alice and $18 to Bob and move on to the next hand (these amounts are known as Sklansky bucks or all-in EV’s).

..... but then, it wouldn't be poker.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am a tight player, so, for me it would be great :)
But I have to say that the game it wouldn't be much fun as it is, because the bluffs and poker strategies is the fun part.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
It`s good,but where is the player in that poker?

EllyWriter

EllyWriter

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
That is almost as bad as riverless poker.

A

Airles17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't see it working very well.
bad beat is part of poker

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On a similar note, I’d like to see a variant of hold em where say 10% of the final pot is awarded to whoever would have made the best hand had they played til the end. So let’s say you fold 72 preflop and the board goes 76222, you would win 10% of the final pot. It would definitely change tournament strategy as if you’re short, you may try and hold out and hope two monster stacks go all in and you win 10% of a monster pot if you’re lucky enough that your two cards would have made the best hand.

D

Delfino

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is already implemented. In pokerstars cash games when you are all-in and see the percentage, you may chose to cash out your pot equity. In tournament it makes no sense.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The beauty of poker is with the cards you have regardless of the value of winning jackpots, tournaments, hands, knowing how to bluff, catching them when they try to deceive you, many more things that make poker wonderful, it is fun and unpredictable and with that it is I would lose many things:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

Thiagon

Thiagon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
That would end the excitement of the game.
I prefer the game with its luck.
The passion for the game goes through emotion, doubt, luck, courage.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

lol I am not the only one to think of this idea! I did a thought experiment with this myself months ago. Thinking about this made me appreciate luck and bad beats in a paradoxical way. Obviously, there are intrinsic problems with this style of poker (such as never being taken out unless one has 0% equity on an all-in shove).

Summary: happy to see I am not the only philosophical odd-ball here ;) but yeah, I stopped thinking about this about 5 minutes after I thought of it because the pragmatic implications would make for a much more boring poker game.

It does put a different light to something Phil Hellmuth once said when venting at being card dead though, "*sigh* I don't even need good cards to win - just average cards!" :D

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With the exception of blatant cheating, poker is a fair game.

P

pokersextreme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lol it'll take all the excitement out of the game,make it harder to win the game and just an overall bad idea to me tbh. Seems like you want to gamble but not lose,then why gamble? Best you stick to play money ����*♂️

ringworm

ringworm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do like it when there's an option to run it twice. It flattens out the luck a lot on giant all in pots.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Then bluffing will disappear in poker. One side of this game. There will be a lot of allins preflop. The whole concept of the game will change.
In general, the idea is interesting, based on your idea, you can create one of the options for the game of poker.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Communism is a nice idea by the way. But let's walk away from the cards and have a look at this example:

Bill Gates spends 500 calories per day and earns 2 millions per day, John the shepherd spends 2500 calories per day walking with goats and earns 50 bucks per day. Why the world is not doing anything about it? John and Bill can split calories and money in some more fair way - right? Oh yeah, we've forgot about another 7 billions of people standing in line behind John and waiting for their share of the pie.:nurse:

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Poker is good just the way it is. If you want more justice, find another hobby. For example, drawing or knitting. :)

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very unusual idea. Of course, it seems a little crazy and impossible, but you need to implement and try to play, maybe it will be interesting.:)

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This will make the game much more boring in my opinion. Yes it will avoid some bad beats but will also avoid the situations when you hit your card and win big pot being underdog. By the way something similar is already tried by pokerstars with the possibility to cash out your equity in cash game when you are all in so we will see how it goes.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Such a function already exists at stars and has not yet brought anything to poker apart from an additional commission (in other words, like other innovations of stars)

M

Mahdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's not a poker then, so what's the point?