Failure with strong pocket pairs

L

Lord Foma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Greetings to all members of the club. After a long absence of about six months, I have not played, there was no time, not allowed to work. I finally came back to the world of poker and today I added to the balance in poker and with great pleasure sat down to play at cash tables and lost all day. But today me as a leper not was lucky, for all of this time me 4 times came pocket AA and three times I remove lost kakomotu garbage. With kings better 50 on 50. I try not to be disappointed much and reassure myself that today is just not my day. Have you had such a long series of failures and how did you cope with it psychologically?

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Greetings to all members of the club. After a long absence of about six months, I have not played, there was no time, not allowed to work. I finally came back to the world of poker and today I added to the balance in poker and with great pleasure sat down to play at cash tables and lost all day. But today me as a leper not was lucky, for all of this time me 4 times came pocket AA and three times I remove lost kakomotu garbage. With kings better 50 on 50. I try not to be disappointed much and reassure myself that today is just not my day. Have you had such a long series of failures and how did you cope with it psychologically?

Thank U 4 Posting.

It is not uncommon for me to have 4 day stretches of losing in cash followed by 1 day winning and 4 days of losing. I was reading about a pro player who was on a 2 year stretch of losing in 2012 -2013 and I thought my runs were bad.

When you are losing with AA and KK try to get the hand history and then post it. Then we can look to see if you are making any errors or just running bad with 4 hands of AA which is very few hands.

Hope this helps.

:):)

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes it's not bad variance or bad luck... But probably the dealer who has a grudge on you. Clearly.

L

Lord Foma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank U 4 Posting.

It is not uncommon for me to have 4 day stretches of losing in cash followed by 1 day winning and 4 days of losing. I was reading about a pro player who was on a 2 year stretch of losing in 2012 -2013 and I thought my runs were bad.

When you are losing with AA and KK try to get the hand history and then post it. Then we can look to see if you are making any errors or just running bad with 4 hands of AA which is very few hands.

Hope this helps.

:):)
Thanks for the answer :):)

L

Lisavandervelden12

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry for your bad luck, I hear you!

It seems my opponents are hitting their 2 or 3 outers all day on me and I am missing my 15+ outers.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I also lost many times on good AA KK cards under 27 45 89 and others, but now if I have good senior hands, I raise a big raise so that players do not interfere with the game with small debris and I can normally beat another opponent, so raise bets more so that players do not play on bad small cards against you

L

Lisavandervelden12

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also lost many times on good AA KK cards under 27 45 89 and others, but now if I have good senior hands, I raise a big raise so that players do not interfere with the game with small debris and I can normally beat another opponent, so raise bets more so that players do not play on bad small cards against you

Your saying to raise like 6xbb or more pre???

Y

YKCaiTLH1314

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Which is why Texas Hold'em is so fascinating, you love and hate it at the same time.
When you have a pair of Aces, it's like you are holding a pair of nice beautiful boobies on your hand. You love it, you want to fond it yet you don't want to hurt it by squeezing too tight.
You want to win big pot with it yet you are afraid no caller when you raised too much.
But when you limb with it you are afraid that someone will crack your Aces.:D

L

Lisavandervelden12

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Which is why Texas Hold'em is so fascinating, you love and hate it at the same time.
When you have a pair of Aces, it's like you are holding a pair of nice beautiful boobies on your hand. You love it, you want to fond it yet you don't want to hurt it by squeezing too tight.
You want to win big pot with it yet you are afraid no caller when you raised too much.
But when you limb with it you are afraid that someone will crack your Aces.:D

Limping with aces is the absolute dumbest thing ever. Im sorry. but it is. And when you lose, you cant complain.

R

Richard Grant

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I remember playing on wsop site years ago. The only period I ever had playing 50/1 NL. Gave up that level after losing 2 pre-flop all ins with aces against kings in 2 days.

Stakes a bit too high for me to handle those bad beats!

L

Lisavandervelden12

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I remember playing on WSOP site years ago. The only period I ever had playing 50/1 NL. Gave up that level after losing 2 pre-flop all ins with aces against kings in 2 days.

Stakes a bit too high for me to handle those bad beats!

Ya man, bankroll management is a HUGE part of being a successful poker player.

Im pretty bad, i have made hundres of thousands in poker the past 20 yeard, but lost hindreds of thousands to dice and black jack...we all have are demons. I dont play those games anymore.

Bankroll management is Very important, its really hard to not TAKE A SHOT, at higher limits.

R

Richard Grant

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ya man, bankroll management is a HUGE part of being a successful poker player.

Im pretty bad, i have made hundres of thousands in poker the past 20 yeard, but lost hindreds of thousands to dice and black jack...we all have are demons. I dont play those games anymore.

Bankroll management is Very important, its really hard to not TAKE A SHOT, at higher limits.

Fortunately I do not appear to have the full melt down blow your whole bank flaw. I'm happy on the 1p/2p tables!

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
This sometimes happens. Do not be upset. Just keep playing and perfecting your skills. I am always happy with my game if I make the right and well-considered decisions.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
But when you win with 9 10 against AA how does it feel? Pleasant think! This is the game of poker .. otherwise, it would become boring to win every time you have AA KK QQ ... We have to accept the bad beats as we enjoy the victories.

Tmoney999

Tmoney999

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is all about variance, I assume you were playing a long session when this a happened. It's bound to happen to you sometimes that is for sure, those types of hands are not invincible, It shouldn't happen to often but you are still going lose with these hands sometimes, and in long sessions it might just seem like your losing all the time when in fact you might just be playing a lot of hands and this seems to happen more often. You should never lose to often with these hands as they are the strongest pairs but just remember they are not invincible and to play them strong and fast pre-flop and more carefully on the flop.

J

Jai_R

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As someone mentioned above, it is not uncommon to have strings of bad luck. I try not think of luck and stuff like that because I would have to admit that I have 'Bad Luck'. Then I will have a few hands where I think the poker Gods have finally heard my prayers... I hope things turn around for you soon. Keep us posted.

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Happens all the time but you need to remember when you did that to someone. There seems to be bad days and good days.

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
online poker is full of surprizes. Right now i have a huge loosing streak in lots of rooms, loosing day after day. So if you loose just 1 day that,s ok.
If you want to have more profit you need to play live games.

tame4g

tame4g

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have you had such a long series of failures and how did you cope with it psychologically?

It's easier said than done, but whenever my AAs get cracked (especially in all-in preflop situations), I try and keep in mind that I made the correct decision and just fell victim to variance. It can also help to play within your means and exercise proper BRM

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Seems like you might run a few times bad with those high pocket pairs but it should be close to the odds of winning. Really like to isolate with those types of hands to have an 80% chance to win.

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

This is good, but you have to know how to dose so as not to drive everyone out of hand.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pocket pairs are of course good cards but mostly when you play versus one or max 2 players. If you just limp together with 5 other people and have AA chance somebody of the other players to hit better hand is much bigger. I don't know how you played these hands but with such hand you need raise preflop so that you limit the amount of players who will play against you on the flop.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In such cases, I just take a break and stop playing. I am convinced that a break is the best way to stop losing.