Everybody is a donkey

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I see people call others donkey so often nowadays that the word loses meaning.

I am not even involved and I get annoyed. A few mins ago at this DoN, this guy with KK min. raised preflop and kept putting in tiny bets on the flop and turn so the guy with an open ended str draw kept calling (as he shd) and got his str on the river.

So then the guy with the KK gets going on and on about the other guy being a donkey. I felt like telling him to shut it, but I just decided to disable his chat.

I would much prefer people just reserve use of the word until there really is donkey play. And preferably the donkey play isn't the very guy calling other ppl donkeys.

dufferdevon

dufferdevon

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd prefer it if people would stop trying to educate the bad players and tell them what they are doing wrong. Just say "nh", if you have to say anything at all.

M

MAX101

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LOL, thats pretty much what I do, just put NH, while my wife yells at me to stop cussing LOL!!!! ;)

Z

zebadie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL, yeah, my laptops takes a bit o beating but i usually turn my chat off altogether.

The Dark Side

The Dark Side

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like when a donkey calls a donkey a donkey.

Because I think, he thinks, he's not a donkey.

Deep stuff.

A

arrytus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think the sentence 'donkey donkey donkey donkey...' could challenge the old linguistically sound sentence 'buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo etc...'

jack880

jack880

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hahaha.. lol. It's a truth. Some people are fool but keeping saying that nobody's fool.

L

LarryT503

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe the poker sites should only allow players to choose from a handful of words in chat? Things like "nice hand" "good bluff" "well played" so the talk is less negative. The "donkey" label apparently applies to anyone who wins.

belerophon

belerophon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

flytyerjsb

flytyerjsb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems to me that in a lot of cases, the person losing is just po'd because he got beat and takes it out on the person that beat him. There are a lot of very frustrated people out there so .............

I have sucked out plenty of times so I would be a hypocrite (in some cases) to beat up on the person that sucked out on me.

I scream and yell and pitch a fit sometimes but the only ones that hear it are my dogs and they have learned to leave the room or better yet come up and get in my lap.:D:D

The Dark Side

The Dark Side

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

Well this is just hilarious.

When he was saying it, you could tell he forgot how it went. Classic.

isohatedis

isohatedis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that is a good observation.all day every day you have people calling other people donks for no reason and it takes away from calling an actual donk a donk.i was playing a tourney last week first to act min raised i was big blind small flat called with ak while i called with q5,flop was kq5 raise, reraise,reraise all in and after that for nearly the next hour i was being called a donkey by the person who had ak and kept trying to tell me that i had no buisness in the hand.and to me it was obvious that he had no sense of pot odds but was happy to preach and rant away constantly

B

bigbigbucs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Heee Haw!

I find it is way over rated. Newbies see or hear some one calling another a donk. And imeaditly jump on the band wagon. And whats realy funny is the seasoned player that feels it neccasary to point out the fact. I myself will just take or make simple note on the player. And continue on with that in mind. Hee Haw!. Bigbigbucs

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd prefer it if people would stop trying to educate the bad players and tell them what they are doing wrong. Just say "nh", if you have to say anything at all.

I find it is way over rated. Newbies see or hear some one calling another a donk. And imeaditly jump on the band wagon. And whats realy funny is the seasoned player that feels it neccasary to point out the fact. I myself will just take or make simple note on the player. And continue on with that in mind. Hee Haw!. Bigbigbucs

Yes, don't tap the tank (sry bout the mixed metaphor). ;)

jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Donkeys are really only so when they win. They usually lose, since the laws of probablity are not on their side. When this happens, they are still donkeys but no one cares. What most players refuse to accept is that all hands involves probabilities and unless you are betting the immortal nuts, there is a chance you will lose. If you are 4-1 with a big pair, you are going to get beat every fifth hand. Another thing is that playing as a donkey you won't get very far above the micros. That level of risk won't allow it. As long as you play the micros, your biggest obstacle is variance.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I cuss plenty when I lose a rough one but I don't type it into chat. I don't think it does me any good.

This guy with the KK kept chirping on the other guy. Commenting on everything the other guy did. He only lost about 300 chips in that key hand cuz the other guy was afraid of the 3 suited cards on the board. Yet KK guy was still the first to bust. I am not sure what parting words he had, if any, since I muted him. :D

Orcusan

Orcusan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nowadays calling somebody donkey probably means "omg i cant believe i lost that hand". It's not even an insult anymore. It's like when you tell someone "nice hand" but in fact you would like to tell him to fk off

noW

noW

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL, thats pretty much what I do, just put NH, while my wife yells at me to stop cussing LOL!!!! ;)

Basically what I do too but its more about my character and to try to focus on winning not on cursing(if Im still in the tournament if not Ima make his momma cry!)

kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

+10000

I was a t table today where this clown kept trying to explain what to do and not to do to all the donate folks. You know what dude shut the F up and let them win a hand by playing bad because I know in the next ten hands or so I am gonna take their whole stack. Don't help them to understand and don't berate them till they lose.

Stop tapping on the F@#&ing fish tank.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One time this guy makes a horrible call down and sucks out on the river then checks in position after he made his flush. So I said “nice hand” to encourage him, but this other guy starts to yap about how the first guy sucks and how I am a moron to think that was the right way to play. I just muted him too and marked both guys accordingly.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Guys when you see someone berating the fish, report it. The person doing the talking is potentially costing you money and the sites will and do ban their chat privileges. I do it all the time when someone taps the tank, but I never report it when they're talking about me. Say what you want about me but don't chase away the 1 player at the table who may be worse than I am.

R

ruffcut68

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
follow up question to reporting a player

Guys when you see someone berating the fish, report it. The person doing the talking is potentially costing you money and the sites will and do ban their chat privileges. I do it all the time when someone taps the tank, but I never report it when they're talking about me. Say what you want about me but don't chase away the 1 player at the table who may be worse than I am.

Does that reporting do any a good?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I cuss plenty when I lose a rough one but I don't type it into chat. I don't think it does me any good.

This guy with the KK kept chirping on the other guy. Commenting on everything the other guy did. He only lost about 300 chips in that key hand cuz the other guy was afraid of the 3 suited cards on the board. Yet KK guy was still the first to bust. I am not sure what parting words he had, if any, since I muted him. :D

You'd mute him? I find it entertaining at times.

S

skywalker606

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes people really are donks though. the kids that go all in every time they get anything decent. then beat your pocket rockets.... burns real deep.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does that reporting do any a good?

Yes. The sites understand that berating players is bad for everyone including themselves so they're more than willing to ban someones chat for it.