EPT Monte Carlo

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did any of you watch the EPT final on pokerstars tv?

This dutch guy Pieter de Korver came back from 2 big blinds left at the final table to win the whole tournament and 2.3 million euros.

This is a perfect example of why you should never give up to poker. Anything can happen, and for Pieter's comeback today was one of the best I have ever seen.

W

wd021

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yea what an amazing tournament for de Korver. I haven't watched the tournament yet but from what i heard he doubled up, then tripled up, then doubled up again... Gotta be lucky too to do that.. looking forward to watching it.

ItsMe

ItsMe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I watched it. Would you have called that final hand? I know the guy was getting pushed around but I think he would have definitely have had a sweeter spot and was not low stacked compared to blinds. I think I might have a sleepless night losing 1 million euros calling an all-in on the 10 6 3(?) flop with 64o. The other guy had the "monster" 96o which held up. Five days of playing then that...

darthur90

darthur90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I watched it. Would you have called that final hand? I know the guy was getting pushed around but I think he would have definitely have had a sweeter spot and was not low stacked compared to blinds. I think I might have a sleepless night losing 1 million euros calling an all-in on the 10 6 3(?) flop with 64o. The other guy had the "monster" 96o which held up. Five days of playing then that...
I watched it too... and it's true that was a sick last hand....but i remember an ever sicker one..last year at the wsop event 4...the 1.5k buy-in NL when Hinkle shoved with 10d 4d and poor Akenhead had Ac Kh ; the board came like this.... 10h 4h 10s 10c 5s :) and he won the bracelet :D.... but hey.... that's poker!

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That final hand was crazy...i for sure thought woodward would win.

But the board came perfect for de Korver, with no flush and a low card on the river.

I cant wait to watch the next season of the EPT so we can see more comeback like de korver's

R

rhulp1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
THATS the Second time a dutchman wins the EPT in a short time!!!
pieter korver was a year ago als dutch poker champ so he is not a one shot wonder!

ItsMe

ItsMe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
THATS the Second time a dutchman wins the EPT in a short time!!!
pieter korver was a year ago als dutch poker champ so he is not a one shot wonder!

Yeah, I saw the other dutch guy win at San Remo. I think the commentators said he had "a unique style", which was code for "lunatic". But he was aggressive and kept hitting. And headsup when the other guy had a decent hand A 10, he had AA ready. What more do you need to do.

Some times it runs like that. I remember Vicky Coren winning an EPT in London. Any card she needed to hit, she did. It looked like she was choosing the cards! It was unbelieveable/incredible.

W

wona2009wsopseat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Vanessa Rousso won the high rollers event, which thrills me in a way I couldn't talk about on here, so kudos to her. As for Dag losing not going any further despite the big chip lead disappoints me.