Embracing the 'cooler"....;)

B

Backlash

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe I am getting older or maybe I have just seen a ridonculous amount of flops in my life...but....if there is truly one thing I have most sincerely accepted is the "cooler"...That moment when you call a big three bet pre with a monster, in position, with tempered exuberance...

Only to watch, what is very likely, that which is a rainbow flop for your adversary(tight or loose player) / (str8 draw / four to the flush / mid trips, etc...)

I am now finding myself embracing it and finding a comfortable satisfaction with the loss.

Just a rambling thought from Backlash....LOL

Thoughts?

Play 5 card or chase two more for the win irregardless the outcome?

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Normally I respond to these posts by cautioning poster of the dangers of typing while under the influence, but enjoyed yours very much. Keep em coming. :top:

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Coolers keep the new players at the table without coolers we would be having a vicious fight with highly skilled pros.....we need weaker player god bless coolers unless it is an important late stage MTT.

R

RaydonPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Frustrating but it just happens. Trying to get as accepting of it as you seem to be, OP!

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It comes with experience. You will encounters those more and more the longer you play. Most times, I just chuckle and shake my head in disbelief. But, every now and then, once comes along and something inside you snaps,

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad beats and coolers don't tilt me as much as they used to that is for sure.

However if they happen for long periods of time it does wear on me pretty good. Also, timing has a lot to do with how I react. Like on a final table or deep in a tourney.

That is when I take a break from the game and do something else for fun for a while.

I can't imagine ever having no reactions to coolers or bad beats.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Coolers keep the new players at the table without coolers we would be having a vicious fight with highly skilled pros.....we need weaker player god bless coolers unless it is an important late stage MTT.
Skilled players hit sets just as often as fishy players do - so although I get what you are saying - it really doesn't "keep" new players at the tables if it happens the same amount for everyone

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, the cooler is an integral part of poker.

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe I am getting older or maybe I have just seen a ridonculous amount of flops in my life...but....if there is truly one thing I have most sincerely accepted is the "cooler"...That moment when you call a big three bet pre with a monster, in position, with tempered exuberance...

Only to watch, what is very likely, that which is a rainbow flop for your adversary(tight or loose player) / (str8 draw / four to the flush / mid trips, etc...)

I am now finding myself embracing it and finding a comfortable satisfaction with the loss.

Just a rambling thought from Backlash....LOL

Thoughts?

Play 5 card or chase two more for the win irregardless the outcome?
I rarely chase even when I have as many as 14 outs. With 17 outs or more after the flop I may become quite aggressive. Those who do chase with less than 14 outs, and win, don't bother me because I know in the long run I'll win more than them. Yeah, watching your dream card come on the turn or river after you fold can be disheartening, but keep a running log of how often that happens, and you'll see why it was correct to fold.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think you should learn a little poker if you lose with a monster in your hand