The effect of music on the poker game ?

hachile1

hachile1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have often seen posts about music when playing poker. at first I thought it useful for such a post! how will it enrich us? but one day I was playing at several tables and listening to lamusic that reminded me of people who went away and died and it deconcent me and I lost the wheel. and that's when I noticed that music has an effect when you play. what is it for you?

Aremaz95

Aremaz95

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends how you feel the moment, the music helps me to concentrate on playing and it makes me to leave Tilt and not to get upset with the Badbeats

TheRealPage

TheRealPage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
TO-TAL-LY!

It's a fact! Live or online, wanna know how I'll play the next betting round, know what I'm listening at! :D

But I listen to all kinds of music and most of the time is a shuffle all, so I can be very smooth pre-flop, post-flop and suddendly for no reason I become agressive on the turn or place my bet more quickly.

-TRP-

SrWesleiNF

SrWesleiNF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This has already happened to me, kkkkk we are sentimental .... and good to select the play list because it is playing and remembering the forces and complicador .... kkkkkk

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
I have always believed that music provokes different emotions ... depending on the song, it often reminds us something ... and therefore our brain can disconnect a few seconds of poker ... and in those seconds we can lose everything ... is the main reason why I do not listen to music

FlamengoBR

FlamengoBR

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm listening to the new heavy metal songs.I like adrenaline when I play poker.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good music has a positive effect on the gameplay, but it can be distracting. I listen to music during the game but it doesn’t happen all the time

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have often seen posts about music when playing poker. at first I thought it useful for such a post! how will it enrich us? but one day I was playing at several tables and listening to lamusic that reminded me of people who went away and died and it deconcent me and I lost the wheel. and that's when I noticed that music has an effect when you play. what is it for you?

I typically listen to Jack Johnson or something similar or even classical music when I play because it is not distracting and it is light enough to not get me fired up.I have seen players get very distracted by music and others that it did not seem to affect their play (even listening to hard core gangsta rap). I think it depends on your personality. If music affects you negatively, then don't listen. For me, there is no effect because I don't really even pay attention to the music, I am busy concentrating on trying to figure out the opponents.

wlad20082009

wlad20082009

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
I'm listening to music . Yes, sometimes it's distracting ! But not always sometimes music helps in the game !

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I like to listen to music during the game, but it depends on the mood. For example, today I am listening to classical music. In my opinion, music contributes to better concentration.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I have to choose if I listen to the music or "listen" to the game. If I listen to the first, I lose the concentration to the later. But if I feel the mood for a musical environment, roll some classic jazz or classic acoustic blues with a smooth volume. It's very nice.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Music definitely affects your emotions so listening to music while playing can be good or bad. It very much depends on your current mood and what you are listening. I like to listen local pop music as it makes me happy, reduce stress and my mood get better.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi! Music remains music, regardless of poker, I often listen to the mood, so for the background I turn on the light deep house, or tech house, but when you require high concentration or played for a long time, then some might get bored of course if you roll tournament for 6 hours, then you just want to relax, if the cache is to roll that you can still include a bit of background. I think this is normal! But in specific situations require serious action, say a large Bank or a significant tournament, the best course to ride without music and to understand, to listen to the game itself, to udavolstvie purely from the game! Good luck! Thank you!

A

akufto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to each his own, of course, but personally it happens to me that the music is very distracting from the game, and sometimes it also happens that it charges with positive and helps to play

P

pokerpie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always gotta have some good tunes going to get me in the right mindset. Love putting together a couple hour long playlists for the grinding sessions.

M

momo3333333

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
so bad effect... of concentration

A

alexis888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oooh La La in La of Slade is good especially after another amazing bad beat on PS.

N

naVeela

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Music relaxes you, everything that makes you chill while playing poker is good, keep it up brother.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I always listen to music during the game. Thanks to music, I can better concentrate on making the right decisions.
Good luck.

Maikychan

Maikychan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't listen to music when I'm playing poker! I feel that it upsets my concentration and ability to reason.

P

Pwohar43

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it helps, you can’t just play any random songs. It must be music you have a connection with, that connects with you. It has to help you concentrate, and stop and identify overreacting. Music doesn’t help everyone, good luck either way

ssangyongpoker

ssangyongpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I am playing LIVE, I listen to music with one earphone. I am using the other ear to observe and listen to the play that's going around the table

When I am grinding online, I simply listen to hiphop and r&b songs... It really isn't a distraction for me. More to help the time go by.

A

All Rise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need a poker playlist, only stuff that keeps you in the zone so to speak.

Top 10 Games