shanest

shanest

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
With halloween approaching I'd like to hear some horror stories.

Has anybody played a session very drunk. Was it online/live?

Did you do serious damage to your roll or end up winning?

tehb1987

tehb1987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It will not be terrible, but stupid stories.. Drinking is strictly not advisable before the game. The result will always be the same and sad. Zero on balance

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Several times, I have played poker drunk. It was awful. I played like a real donkey.

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi hi,
i new to poker last year
earlier i play poker very drunk, was strip poker, i not even know the rules

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have played poker drunk but only in home games with friends where the focus is on the drinking and fun part so you only loose a couple of $ at most.

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
I have played some micro on line poker and some home games somewhat drunk, but have no great horror stories.

Though have to say, that some of my friends got their highest winnings while playing drunk :D. Obviously an exception to the rule, but funny

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I play poker drunk, I make hasty, emotional decisions. Obviously, such an emotional game will not make a profit. That is why I try not to play drunk.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I drink alcohol very rarely. Alcohol has a negative effect on reaction and concentration. Therefore, during the game I do not drink and do not recommend drinking to others.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I´ve never played live just online.I started a session a little bit drunk.I was dizzy and couldn´t concentrate well.I played 2NL and lost some cents but I didn´t enjoyed the game at all..Fortunately it was just once..

rj_montana

rj_montana

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I spilled a drink all over the keyboard after busto on AA vs A6 deep in the tournament... had to get a new laptop..

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I haven't had any unexpected poker stories for a long time. Everything has long turned into a routine and a routine. About 3 years ago, I played drunk and fell asleep, and I don’t even remember the results, but I got the minimum prize. It's okay, it's my fault.
I would really like an unexpected victory, but, apparently, my fate is just to knead the rake for PS.

marcofud

marcofud

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to play poker after twelve o'clock at night, players from Europe are sleepy and from countries where the day is just at work

Vlad535_100

Vlad535_100

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only the longing of playing with rum.________________ I play cards, drink wine, I live with people-and I do not frown. After all know: heart of would still Favorite flies in the storm. Fly, my little ship, fly, Lurching and not looking for salvation. He is not on that path, Where takes inspiration. We can't go back, Although in the bad weather of our night, Perhaps from the shore looking Some are led by the eyes. And there is no — evils not many in is! We are forgotten — and that is not bad. After all we both perish and sing Not for a girlish sigh.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If i drink, it's mostly beer. But very rare when i play. While the liver is good, i do not get drunk, even from 2 liter bottles. The only thing that can happen is that i just fall asleep and lose one buy-in in heads-up ))

Last edited:
Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I do not drink or smoke. These bad habits cannot contribute to a successful game. Although I have some friends who managed to make good money when they got drunk. :D

djasset

djasset

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes , always online,, sometimes i do well, sometimes i do poor. I always go back through my hands to see if i lost my mind at some point... it has increased my tilt button before!

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not drunk.. bur was final 4 in plo 2nd in chips when i accidently hit a keyboard button and went all-in with ... nothing and somehow chipleader calls with 1 pair..??
and i went out... still a horror story... but not while drunk just super super bad luck.....

Still think about that till this day.. never touch that button again ..

L

lablelarry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've seen the drunkest people win a friendly neighborhood poker game, not sure how.

vavilen_

vavilen_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, playing poker like driving a car cannot be drunk!

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nothing scary here but plenty of drunk tales away from the table. Made a choice early on, no drinking while playing.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Obviously, as drunk I feel the courage in me to risking more money, and when things become complicated my behave turn into impatient. But.. there were not so many occassions, and a little period tought me how to play with this condition. :D I bring my chips (onion one), drinking cola to get closer to my brain cells, smoke a cigarette (fresh air syndrome), and parying to survive the heavy hours. :)
But seriously do not to risk your bankroll. I don't know what do doctor would say to you to the poker and alcoholism marriage. :D

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not drunk.. bur was final 4 in plo 2nd in chips when i accidently hit a keyboard button and went all-in with ... nothing and somehow chipleader calls with 1 pair..??
and i went out... still a horror story... but not while drunk just super super bad luck.....

Still think about that till this day.. never touch that button again ..

Sorry, but your comment made my day :ciao: Better luck next time :)

U

Unbustable

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First time at the borgata I got there after placing 2nd in a tourney at the trop for like 3,500 and had a couple up in me.. I sat at the 5,10 pot limit i think and it seemed to take forever for the waitress to come around so when she did I told her just bring me two Heines and everytime she was to come within my vesinity to bring me two more... she mean mugged me and said you are an alcoholic! I whipped out the lil stack I had left and waved it a lil and said true true but I takes care of those that do me right! She def. Did and my dumb ass was up to damn bear 10k and lost it over the dumbest mistake.. old mafia looking guy kept reraising me in a hand when I had k.k. and we were up to like 6-7 betting on the flop and he pulled out a gangster roll out his back pocket and said all in which put some fear in me and I fing folded then he and the old head next to him were laughing... i lost like 8-9k by betting it and folding for probably 1k more cause I let him intimidate me with some bs that he couldn't even do anyway.. bah well the 20 beers throughout the power sessions was what really got to me and I will never forget the lesson I learned which is not to get hammered playing ever again..