Drugs and Poker

S

ShoTyme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's just will power man. You will not show physical symptoms when quitting. So it's just a matter of making the decision and sticking to it. This is from a former big time stoner. Good luck man.

arbahool

arbahool

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like to play high,im just folding and waiting for good hand,no stress lol

FanatsLV

FanatsLV

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its always bad idea play under drugs or alcohol only if you don't care play for winning.

Bogdan Pyts

Bogdan Pyts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I not use drugs, it's very bad for health

MAdesG

MAdesG

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No I don't like it , the drugs are out of my life I just want to play and have fun all time that I play poker

MAdesG

MAdesG

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Say no to drugs , that's very bad for life ,just enjoy the life and play poker and have some fun playing it ,POKER IS LIFE

Omar Kassas

Omar Kassas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
don't use cocaine or methaamphetamine for playing this will breaks your both eyes and your brain ! just marihuana and not too much

pocketelf0

pocketelf0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's just will power man. You will not show physical symptoms when quitting. So it's just a matter of making the decision and sticking to it. This is from a former big time stoner. Good luck man.

Thanks for your reply, I hope to quit for New Years and stay strong for a few months and see how things improve.

Jguar

Jguar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just don't like the way this guy was approaching it. Reminded me of a 15 yr old kid trying to just talk about drugs in a alterior motive really trying to insinuate he was cool for using. Idk maybe im being mean..

F

fooks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
drugs are bad in any way,I advise those who drink to quit it --death

DavidUAH

DavidUAH

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mmm

I do not think that poker and drugs combine very well

F

fooks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a high strung person, I use marijuana to stay calm and cool while playing. My mind races frequently when I havnt smoked. I am much more patient overall while high and more in tune with other players bluffing tendencies

leave drug dear friend,you are harming yourself and your loved ones

N

Nik990

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm against drugs at all , and that kind of nonsense ? drugs and poker, which is nonsense

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I say no to drugs but feel free to do all you want. I hope you are at my table and I hope you take a cab home.

L

locha2013

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think when you are high you can`t decide so well, when it`s up to your first decision. I mean when you have to decide something with your instinct. I think you maybe deepen too much at poker and will loose your overview.

Ljuk358

Ljuk358

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think weed is good for relax and we are relaxing with poker, so this is double relax... :D

E

ELDONKOII

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
drugs of any description should be avoided when playing poker hehehe as all of the cards chat team know when i have had more than a few drinks lol :) if you gonna play serious play sober ,but online and beer are good i hear you say... my bankroll says different heheh when i mapped my graphs to nites on beer lets just say it wasnt nice and overall on 2015 i lost 11% of my total profit to drunken nites with the odd smoke or 2 now and again heheh

D

detoxw

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to smoke and grind sngs. Acctualy at the begining u are extremely focus, but fast u loose focus and motivation. Also tobaco affects me.
Stay in school !

FanatsLV

FanatsLV

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really, my pic is a reference to 2 people who are the best in the world at what they do, who also happen to smoke pot. This post was aimed at people saying such things as "weed will not clear your mind and thinking that it will is ridiculous". Even if they only use it to celebrate after an OLYMPIC GOLD MEDAL WIN, it should shed some light on people such as yourself trying to associate pot with brain cell death :rolleyes:

Marijuana is on the world anti doping list and I dont think they can say thank for this all to marijuana. :D I think you dont know a lot about sport. :D

i7ohomapeb

i7ohomapeb

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
but the truth is that cancer cells from grass die?

Elivo

Elivo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can see no benefit to being high on anything while trying to play poker, ive head people say "it makes me sharper" or a few hundred variations of that, and its simply not true, you may feel sharper but whatever your on is dulling some other sense. If youre just out for a good time and don't care if you win or lose, have at it...but if actually trying to make some money then stay away.

T

Terrell

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can see no benefit to being high on anything while trying to play poker, ive head people say "it makes me sharper" or a few hundred variations of that, and its simply not true, you may feel sharper but whatever your on is dulling some other sense. If youre just out for a good time and don't care if you win or lose, have at it...but if actually trying to make some money then stay away.

Thats your opinion but if you read my previous response there are benefits for certain people. Just because you cant "see" a benefit doesnt mean there isnt one

J

jigglypuff99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When i first started playing poker I had a serious adderall (amphetamine) problem. I thought it really improved my game, but it was all in my head. After getting off adderall I found it hard to play poker for a few weeks as my brain readjusted. Then once my body/mind got used to running without amps I found i was playing much better and much more consistently.

alcohol makes me play way too loose, but I find it quite enjoyable. I've learned to stick to play money if i want to play under the influence

marijuana either makes me play too tight or get bored and start gambling.