Drinks, music and luck help you to play poker?

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love playing poker having a beer and listening to music and luck comes along with me amulet.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I always listen to music while playing poker.
I prefer classical music. I drink alcohol very rarely.
In my opinion, alcohol interferes with concentration.

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that music helps to relax the head and to be able to be calmer, to be able to think better and to be able to withstand bad practices. As for alcohol, I do not recommend it because it does not relieve pressure and often makes us pay with hands that we would never pay in case of being sober

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You must be Irish, beer, music with some lucky charms (amulet). What if you had potatoes and instead of chives you add four leaf clovers?

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
In my opinion, alcohol while playing poker is superfluous. Alcohol interferes with concentration. My best amulet is a good mood. When I have a good mood, I always have a good game.

drejva11

drejva11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always listening to music, because it gives me more relaxation, and some water beside me and some food at breaks for more energy.

G

Gr34tWh1t3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love having a drink and listening to music while I play a game of poker but ...
they don't help help my game at all , in fact I end up playing worst as both make me lose focus on the game and end up playing worst .

A

audacity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find music can influence me emotionally in a way that has nothing to do with the best play I could make.

It's nice but it can distract.

As to alcohol, there are less expensive ways to drink.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I sometimes listen to music while playing and sometimes not. It depends on my mood and the place where i play. I don't see any noticeable difference with or without music. Regarding alcohol - one beer (but really only one) can help me sometimes to get more relaxed and improve my play but anything more than that impacts my game negatively so i avoid it. Generally i try to play without drinking alcohol. Regarding the luck - i don't believe in amulets or other lucky things. The variance is just there and we need to take care of it with our own skills.

savaxz

savaxz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing tournaments, I turn on a movie on my laptop and watch it. When the time comes for my move, I just look at the computer monitor and make a move.
In cash games, I'm not distracted by anything.

Vlad Tapu

Vlad Tapu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Alchool can't never help you with poker.
About music... not sure if can help you. Maybe can relax you, but at some point, depending on tournament, you ll need silence do make the best choices.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of all the above when I play, no, except coffee and silence...

R

RocwX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I actually really like the atmosphere of an intense poker table, so I don't even think about anything going on around and I feel like music would probably take away this feeling and interfere with my focus. Drinking is fine if you're playing just for fun with friends, but if you have money on the line you're better off sober. Luck is unpredictable but if you feel like your amulet makes you more confident about your game, just stick to it.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Once I played poker is very drunk.
That day I lost all my bankroll.
Since then, I no longer make such mistakes.
And by the way, I also do not drink alcohol anymore.
Good luck.

Shishkin30

Shishkin30

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always play poker with music. Mostly vocal house)))

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Knowledge is great but without wisdom it has no bite.

You must be Irish, beer, music with some lucky charms (amulet). What if you had potatoes and instead of chives you add four leaf clovers?

You can know everything about poker but still fail if you don't have the wisdom to apply that knowledge.

krisi77

krisi77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
drinks, music and luck help you to play poker?

mint tea and classical music are a good combination for poker for good brain conditioning

B

blessmeavraam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sure, that makes me more unfocused so i started play better, don`t know how it works but it is :)

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Alcohol no, because it causes me to lose my focus.

I accompany my sessions with a cup of coffee without sugar. Black coffee only. And I listen to music while I'm grinding. Mostly EDM, Dance/Pop/Chill/House thing and once in awhile some rock thing. Also sometimes I watch a twitch stream.

R

rigor mortis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Drink and poker? My God I don't think I could face some of the crass stupidity and reciculous calls I come across without several wee goldies (single malts) to keep me going. I have never lost control of my playing ability. It's a simple adage 'if you can't hold your liquer lay off the booze'

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great, you're gonna make it! How many chips do you have in your account? With such amulets and beer, perhaps already a million?

Erzsicica

Erzsicica

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Coffee, snack and energy drink :) need when I play poker and big-big luck :D

wilmer907907

wilmer907907

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when playing poker, it's usually good to listen to some romantic ballads, soft music and in some cases some rock to keep the concentration, I do not think the liquors help anything, I only drink coffee and water, I also recommends eating nuts, the rest is to stay calm

A

anderson697

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to play poker, in a quiet place without distractions, just me and my tablet. Although sometimes a few beers if they help to concentrate.:cool:

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
I think everything is a matter of taste ... if you play poker like a hobby ... and you like to have a few beers and listen to music ... it seems like a good idea to spend an afternoon or night ... however, if you think play poker as a professional .. Well the ideal is that you are totally focused on the game without any distractions ..!