My dream, to be able to dedicate myself to poker ...

Z

zc13expert

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And maybe it is the one of many here, the issue is how to get it? For young people it is a bit easier really, since if they do not have responsibilities they can dedicate all the necessary time to study, review of hands and respect the bankroll. But for an adult, in my case I have 52 years, 2 children and thousands of responsibilities, a full-time job. What can be done to reach that goal? In my case, only God knows

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everything can be achieved at any age, but of course, provided you have sufficient physical and mental strength. I have friends who are around this age and are quite successfully mastering poker, although the children have recently left their parents because they got married.
As for the young players, not all of them are hardy enough to perceive the material. We must not forget at this age there is much more important to do than to sit for hours in front of a monitor screen.
So at every age there are chances with due diligence and some luck)).

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I also have a similar dream. For now, poker is a hobby for me, but I hope that in the future my hobby will become my main job. To do this, I try to analyze my game every time and improve my skills. I am sure that everything in my life depends only on me.

P86

P86

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you will miss so much of your life and your family if you do that you will be a slave to poker and MTTs

monkey23

monkey23

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how good are you..??...make an honest assessment.

do you enjoy 'study'..??

do you have enough money to support yourself for a year with no other income??

If you give up your job, could you find another if it didnt work out after a trial period as a 'pro'. ??

do you have a bankroll that will enable you to play stakes that with winning play will enable you to maintain your financial committments.

are you married or in a relationship..??..do you have the support of your significant other.

all these questions ..and more...need to be addressed.

if you cannot answer yes to the above, then it might be best to keep it as a hobby...hopefully a lucrative one.

A

andrezito38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And maybe it is the one of many here, the issue is how to get it? For young people it is a bit easier really, since if they do not have responsibilities they can dedicate all the necessary time to study, review of hands and respect the bankroll. But for an adult, in my case I have 52 years, 2 children and thousands of responsibilities, a full-time job. What can be done to reach that goal? In my case, only God knows

friend in my humble opinion, time is relative.
even if you don't have so much time to play, it can still be profitable.
even if you don't play many tournaments, you can play with quality and attention on those unless you're involved.
I live in a poor part of brazil, and I was only able to have internet at my house when I was 38 years old, today I have 40, 4 children and work at night. but every day I fit in the tournaments it gives.
I love poker and it was one of the best and worst things that happened in my life.
even though it may not be so profitable, I hope on the right day and in the right place to have my big big hit.
be patient that everything will work out for you.

Q

Qrise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm familiar with this ... with being busy on a daily basis, all we can do is advance a little bit in poker by playing one tournament every night

Z

Zeke67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am with you

I feel the same way. I do have a lot of time on my hands nowadays. I hope to one day make a nice secondary income by playing poker. I am currently just working on my bankroll goal for the start of the new year!!

Z

Stay Safe

amatola

amatola

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
friend in my humble opinion, time is relative.
even if you don't have so much time to play, it can still be profitable.
even if you don't play many tournaments, you can play with quality and attention on those unless you're involved.
I live in a poor part of Brazil, and I was only able to have internet at my house when I was 38 years old, today I have 40, 4 children and work at night. but every day I fit in the tournaments it gives.
I love poker and it was one of the best and worst things that happened in my life.
even though it may not be so profitable, I hope on the right day and in the right place to have my big big hit.
be patient that everything will work out for you.

That's one thing I like about online poker - with freerolls and free wifi - anyone can start anywhere with the most basic of equipment - and with patience and dedication, work themselves up

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's very simple, you need to start thinking differently.
This is a problem many people, they think they must, I should, in fact, you do not owe anyone anything and don't owe anyone anything, you are absolutely free to choose what to do.
It is not selfishness, as many may think, to live for others and as a result achieve nothing in your life, because you spent your time on others, instead of spending this time on your own development, that's stupid.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In fact, many players dream about it. I think that no matter how old you are, you can find time for your favorite thing, thanks to the competent planning of the working day and week. I am also married and have two daughters, but thanks to planning, I find time, on average, 12-16 hours a week to play poker.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
You should dedicate yourself to your family and poker should be fun after a hard day's work!

NickeLine22

NickeLine22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a very good dream. I have been playing poker for about 10 years and have not regretted my choice a bit. I prefer MTT most of all.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Well, I am clear that age is not an impediment to playing poker and being successful ... and it is not a requirement to play poker all day and every day to become a poker professional ... but you must study and pay a lot of attention and dedication to the time you have available to play poker ...!

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I agree that poker is an interesting game, working and living with poker is not very cool, there are many interesting things around ...

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Still ahead
Good luck with your goals

A

Airles17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that you will have to learn to divide your time better and not stop playing / studying.