Downswing Blues - suggestions?
In dealing with my current downswing, I've tried to find alternative ways to spend my time instead of playing poker. Here are my options so far:
1. Take a bottle of Dalwhinnie and a bottle of The Glenlivet, and see if I can decide which of the two tastes better after 13 consecutive shots.
2. Run naked around the block until someone notices.
3. Quit my dayjob, because I've surely used up all my rotten luck by now, and will win the next 1,000 hands I get dealt.
Other, non-serious, suggestions?
My actual response to my downswing will be to do this:
1. Go back and re-read some poker literature. Not primarily to improve (although I'm sure it will help), but more to reinforce my confidence in my play.
2. Step down a notch in limits and play, because I've noticed myself becoming a tad too passive because of the implicit tilt, and the lesser relative value of the chips should take care of that problem.
Other, serious, suggestions?