Downswing

Marcus_Trivinho

Marcus_Trivinho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How to deal with downswing psychologically?
Many people end up frustrated with losing them, and I would like to know what are the techniques you use to overcome downswing and win at poker?:D

Thans!

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sports, recreation help me maintain balance and calmness

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think it all depends more on the motivation of the player. If you have a dream, then you must have an effective plan of action to achieve your dream. In that case, you have to work according to your plan every day and you simply will not have free time to be upset or disappointed.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Breathe deeply, don't do stupid things, take a good break and time will dissipate it off your mind until you are ready to comeback for more. You gonna be used to it. I'm on such a path.

youri

youri

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to realise downswings are normal in poker. Everyone takes from the same stew. Just focus on making the right decisions...be rock solid all the time...Stick to your strategy. You might also look at your way of playing, analyse, analyse and see if you can tweak things or even make a 180 degree change if thats necessary.

When you take a horrible bad beat, got very unlucky or you've made a total goofy play that cost you a lot and you are down 2, 3 ,4 or 5 Buy Ins. I've been through this and I figured out that the only way going forward for me is; 1- Be present with your thoughts and don't dwell on the downswing ( Don't think about it for more than 5 or 6 mins) Think about it when it happens and come up with a plan quickly. 2- Choose to be calm going forward, a calm mind even without much confidence is extremely important to build your roll and confidence back. 3- You can always take a break.

Last edited:
Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
In my case, Anyway, never play sleepy and tilt that's the worst thing you can do

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Lina1020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately, this is in poker, it is worth taking a break from sometimes and in the meantime analyze our game, learn or watch videos.

M

Majari_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When tilted I go outside or to a gym and try to calm my nerves. If that doesn't help I usually take few days off to cool down and come back stronger.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not if you're mentally unstable. The only option is to quit all gambling.