Down time from the game

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Each person has a rest period.During this time, people travel or do household chores and even receive treatment.Do you play tournaments at this time?And what do you think-is it worth taking a break from the game?

Yanko57

Yanko57

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No I don't. I need to be fully minded to poker and not be stressed out by something else to perform well. Even freerolls.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obviously, sometimes you need to take a break even from playing poker. Personally, I noticed that after the rest I have better results, and during the game I make fewer mistakes.

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, every routine needs a vacation when you notice it is necessary

firstcrack

firstcrack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Time away from the tables is generally a good thing. Mental acuity, physical stamina and emotional health can all be well served by breaks.

tehb1987

tehb1987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the game does not cause discomfort. If you don't have to sacrifice something more important.

koisug

koisug

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, the game is a rest, and I use my free time to play, get pleasure from it. And that's why I also try to play during the holidays. It is a pity that several times, as in the last one, it did not work out, since in the country where I was vacationing, there was a ban on playing poker for money(((( Straight broke up. When I was going on vacation, I very vividly imagined myself lying under a palm tree with a glass of cold and delicious ****tail and playing poker. But alas

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that the rest time is only a rest and it should be completely devoted to any other activity, but not to poker. But rested you will be able to play poker more efficiently.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I consider that if a rest is necessary and it is very good, I usually take it on vacation, and return focused 100% and with a lot of energy:evil::evil::evil::evil:

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t play poker when I travel, I think sometimes you need to take a break from the game to completely relax, and then start playing with renewed vigor.:)

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most people only think about getting away from the game when they have huge down swings. Besides real life priorities, not many will step away without a arm twist or someone chirping them.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everyone needs a break from everything at some point. However, it also greatly depends on how you view poker and its stress. If you play poker as a professional, then that is your job and you should maintain a clear outlook with mental breaks whenever you can; in this case, poker is a huge part of life and a break is doing something else to relax. Alternatively, many people have standard 9 to 5 jobs and poker could be the relaxing break for them. I would say that ultimately a relaxing break comes down to variance from one's daily routine or life-style.

p.s. Alluded above, but it also depends on how you interpret poker. Are you playing the micros? High stakes? Are you playing in the wsop main event, or a small home game with friends? Are you constantly putting your brain to work calculating pot odds, hand ranges, and tell spotting/concealing or are you just having fun and playing loose poker for the thrill? All of these mean different things and varied levels of stress/relaxation, so naturally you need to do some introspection to your own situation and determine the breaks that you need to remain clear-headed and play well (or relax if that is the goal).

christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello Yes, I believe that you need to take poker breaks to restore your strength.

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Rest is necessary in any field of activity. Poker in this sense is no exception. But rest for me does not mean complete calm. If I don’t play poker then I play tennis or chess. For a change, I can read books on poker theory. Fortunately, there are no problems with them now, there would be a desire. :turtle:

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I agree with the majority, it is necessary to take a break from poker from time to time, just every player needs a different time to recover.

R

Ricardo_lhp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in my opinion everything in excess ends up getting in the way, so yes, we have to have a rest time, yes from poker. Because if we play 24 hours a day, every day of the week we will go crazy. So we have to build a grid where the best tournaments are, at the best times, and also have days of rest.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
When I go on vacation with my family I take a poker break. It seems to me the best choice.

pljosko

pljosko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A break in the game would probably be a smart move for me, but I am too infected with poker to make it.

igroksash

igroksash

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Somehow I played all my free time in one online game for more than 4 years without a break I could not tear myself away, and then I suddenly burned out and abandoned. I think that you need to rest so as not to burn out !!!

C

Chomik

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yup, it is necessary to take a break from poker from time to time

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course, sometimes I rest. And there are times when I even rest from playing poker. I am convinced that rest well affects the concentration and endurance of the player.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I play whenever I don't have something better to do , especially if I want to play a MTT which may requires up to 6 hours if you make a final table.Otherwise I don't register or I may play something faster like SNG or some Cash game tables.

I can't play everyday.

Top 10 Games