Does your wife / husband (or whatever) like poker the same as you?

nesser

nesser

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I particularly like poker cause it disconnects me from programming (I'm a full-time software developer) but my wife doesn't like poker the same as I do. What I'd like to know is how you carry on that small difference in your life as couples.

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No is the short answer, my wife don't like poker.

pinkpanther

pinkpanther

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My husband doesn't know what poker is :)

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My husband loves and plays more poker than I do, but I love it a play quite a bit too. We support each other playing poker. There are other activities that each of us do that the other one does not, but I think thats healthy and important too in a relationship

Drumsound

Drumsound

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My girl likes to watch poker with me, but doesn't like to play.

nesser

nesser

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My girl likes to watch poker with me, but doesn't like to play.

I think that is very important, to feel supported. At the end of the day regardless of the result you can discuss it together.

H

hartmann2508

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well, luckily she arrived one fine day and told one to stop playing or she would go away .. I asked if she wanted me to call u Uber, intaumm she hates ,, kkkkkk

bapfel

bapfel

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
she was playing with me offline some times, for online poker she is interested to watch my games, but I play not good with her on my side

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
My girlfriend does not like poker. Very often she gets angry when I play poker for more than 2-3 hours. Therefore, I have to look for a compromise that will satisfy both of us.
Good luck.

P

pohewa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I taught my girl how to play about 6 months ago, we haven't played again but when I am playing she is very interested in how I am doing, and a lot of times just watches me play, while doing something else. It's very nice to have that kind of support tbh

nesser

nesser

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well, luckily she arrived one fine day and told one to stop playing or she would go away .. I asked if she wanted me to call u Uber, intaumm she hates ,, kkkkkk

LOL, apparently poker is your true love. For the record, what was her response?

nesser

nesser

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi.
My girlfriend does not like poker. Very often she gets angry when I play poker for more than 2-3 hours. Therefore, I have to look for a compromise that will satisfy both of us.
Good luck.

Thanks, that's good advice. I'm going to keep trying to see if she's interested, and if she doesn't, I'll try what you tell me.

nesser

nesser

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I taught my girl how to play about 6 months ago, we haven't played again but when I am playing she is very interested in how I am doing, and a lot of times just watches me play, while doing something else. It's very nice to have that kind of support tbh

Yes, I'm agree with you, is very nice to have that kind of support, you're lucky!

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
my wife doesn't like poker so I play only when she is sleeping already and I always say it's just play money

Drumsound

Drumsound

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that is very important, to feel supported. At the end of the day regardless of the result you can discuss it together.
Yeah, she's super great. She got me a year's subscription to PokerCoaching.com for my birthday.

nesser

nesser

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, she's super great. She got me a year's subscription to PokerCoaching.com for my birthday.

What a great gift, and the question is: what birthday present did you give her?... you're so lucky man!

Drumsound

Drumsound

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What a great gift, and the question is: what birthday present did you give her?... you're so lucky man!
I am. Her birthday isn't until October, so I have some time to think...

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nobody in my family have no clue about poker. They know I play and they know I make some money. But apart from that - they know nothing about the game.

nesser

nesser

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nobody in my family have no clue about poker. They know I play and they know I make some money. But apart from that - they know nothing about the game.

And that doesn't bothers you? or do you like to be given that kind of space for yourself. E.g. I don't like to be disturbed while I'm programming but while I'm playing online is different.

Jim Rivas

Jim Rivas

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I particularly like poker cause it disconnects me from programming (I'm a full-time software developer) but my wife doesn't like poker the same as I do. What I'd like to know is how you carry on that small difference in your life as couples.
My wife neither by chance nor closely likes anything about Poker, what she likes to know about him is whether or not I won money for her tastes. Interest ahead :eek:... I hope you don't read this message, and I know it won't because this is a Poker page.:D

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My wife likes the $$$ that comes with poker,,,, ;)