Does your poker routine help to improve your game?

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you think that a strict regimen of the day is one of the main conditions for a plus game in poker? Do you plan a day, a week?
I spend a lot of time reading articles, learning game theory, watching video tutorials. And the tournaments go on for hours! How correctly to allocate time, can advise?
:icon_boun:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It makes sense !!! the success of a poker player depends on many factors, I think that the correct day schedule also affects the success of the poker game !!!! unfortunately I do not support any graphs !!!

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
It is quite difficult for me to observe the regime of the day.
But I believe that discipline is very important for a successful player.
I am trying to plan things for weeks ahead, but unfortunately, I can not always stick to the plan.

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
A strict regime probably doesn't allow poker. Keeping a strict regimen may be helpful if your regime allows it.

clubsta

clubsta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always play best if I've accomplished good progress in my personal life beforehand that day, e.g. did yoga, ate well, cleaned, got some tasks done, learned something new. If I accomplish that stuff first, I feel less guilty about settling in for a game and am generally much happier, calmer, and way less likely to tilt.

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A strict regime probably doesn't allow poker. Keeping a strict regimen may be helpful if your regime allows it.
Yes! I also do not get to follow the regime - tournaments take place for several hours. Sometimes have to sit the whole night!:sleep:

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Coffee and a couple of cigarettes do nothing for my game.

:eek:

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most important is to be fresh and with calm mind. If you are in good physical and mental shape you will play your bet game. For me it these conditions are met it doesn't matter if i decide to sit and play poker at this moment or i have planned it several days before.

H

havealittlefaith

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Success in poker comes one step at a time. I like making use of online resources that are free like youtube or twitch. I watch how pros play and adjust my game only in certain spots that I agree with. Never make a decision that you don't truly believe in.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My routine involves saying a prayer to the Poker Gods, leaving a tooth under my pillow the night before, and rubbing my rabbit's foot frequently while playing. Works wonders for my game!

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've studied a lot of poker materials and watched video lessons and learned to play free games, now I just choose when I have free time and play, but I think that if you want to become an excellent player then the right day schedule also affects the success of the poker game and planning when you start playing tournaments or other poker variants, but I can not plan a game and I only play when I have free time!

vladloza

vladloza

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It seems to me that each of the poker players would like to plan their day, since this definitely has a positive effect on the results, but unfortunately they are doing this, and unfortunately I do not belong to them))) I would also like to hear advice on this from the player , dealing with poker professionally.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
In my personal case ... I have tried to implement a daily routine in relation to my activities related to poker ... discipline is good ... I try to spend between an hour and a half and two hours in the morning to read articles or watch tutorial videos about poker ... games the cardchat freerolls and the cumin with 2 or 3 cash tables (0.10 / 0.25) ..

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My routine involves saying a prayer to the Poker Gods, leaving a tooth under my pillow the night before, and rubbing my rabbit's foot frequently while playing. Works wonders for my game!
:hmmmm2::hmmmm2::hmmmm2::damnmate::D It's original! I laughed a lot, thank you! Humor is the prerogative of positive, intelligent, educated people.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd avoid game theory as it does not matter at all if your opponents are bad and it is an inferior general strategy to play when exploitation style is more profitable.

That being said I get high on THC and relax and think at the table. I enjoy it quite a lot and it relaxes my nerves.

NinjaHands

NinjaHands

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you think that a strict regimen of the day is one of the main conditions for a plus game in poker? Do you plan a day, a week?
I spend a lot of time reading articles, learning game theory, watching video tutorials. And the tournaments go on for hours! How correctly to allocate time, can advise?

I think a regimen always helps, but how strict it is depends on the personality of the player.
I'm not into strict anything, so I use more of a guideline approach / checklist.

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say it does. Now sometimes I just dont feel like my mind is right to play. when that happens I dont play and just relax, but I typically have my poker playing on a schedule.

jhosept6

jhosept6

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

depends if you play only cash you can take any time of the day but if you play MTT is different since most last several hours it would be advisable to organize your schedule of the day and plan that tournament session is the paramount of the day so you will prioritize the game and not something else of daily living

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends if you play only cash you can take any time of the day but if you play MTT is different since most last several hours it would be advisable to organize your schedule of the day and plan that tournament session is the paramount of the day so you will prioritize the game and not something else of daily living

The trouble is that some tournaments, stocks appear suddenly and do not correspond to my regime! My plan is broken down for a month or a week. In the end, I just study the game, so I often choose tournaments with low buy-in or freerolls from different stocks. So they do not fit into the regime ...

D

Das4ever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I call it discipline and it really helps to my game

sanekhorror

sanekhorror

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, for a successful poker session, you need to be sufficiently rested, slept, fed, and in a calm balanced state, these are very important qualities for a successful game, the Rest all depends on You.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preferable, would like to be well rested and in a positive state of mine to play. That is my goal working up to the event.

Cam54

Cam54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

It's all about what works for you ... not sure if you in particular were being sarcastic or not but if that works for you great ... I do always see your name up there : ) If true it would still be a little ritual you felt was important , and perhaps it could even have a negative effect if you were used to it and failed to do so one time ... Everyone is different ... I am more traditional, try to chill ... have a food plan try and make sure bases around the house are covered so I won't be disturbed ....

I will usually listen to some calm relaxing music Jazz .. sometimes Blues ... also like to get in a poker mindset with a little study .. nothing heavy mostly fundamental stuff things I already know but want to keep to the forefront and not have to think too hard about.. so I try to beat that into my head ...

If I do not prepare I absolutely am not the same player ... and for me it pays to be focused and stay focused ....... Still the best laid plans and all haha my whole poker weekend was Mehh had to even sit out yesterday in the CC roll due to minor family issues, not sure where I even finished ... for some little distractions can ruin a whole frame of mind, my mind isn't that weak but I do think it is better to prepare .. then if things happen you just have to adjust fire appropriately ..

SrWesleiNF

SrWesleiNF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see that from the moment poker is admitted as a profession, the routine makes all the difference, the tournament schedule, the rest !!! But in the case of people who play sporadically this in my view does not make much difference because the person plays in their leisure time for fun

Top 10 Games