Does your family support you playing poker?

jappchop

jappchop

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi all im just wondering how your family supports you or hates that you play poker and how there support has helped your game out ???

tyvm for your responds and have a great day :captain::captain::captain:

Joshua_Kane

Joshua_Kane

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
My family doesn’t see any difference between me playing poker or going down to the track and picking horses. They think gambling is gambling and it’s just a matter of time before I lose all my money.

iamtoldurghey

iamtoldurghey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah they support me and listen to my frustration. when I am drunk after 20+ hours of set over set 2 outter four flush bullshit ect

2Rockets2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Help

Where can i check to see how many posts i have any help would be greatly appreciated

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They support and at the same time no. The first time I played they gave me money to do it and I won, but they are not convinced by the idea that I dedicate myself to this alone

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes my family supports me in major tournaments

grumblbrumbl

grumblbrumbl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My family refers to poker with great hesitation. Their skeptizm not measured even Everest. I'm not trying to persuade or convince them. The main thing is that I know that poker is good.:)

Splitpot88

Splitpot88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My wife is cool with it as she usually netflixs on the bed while I am playing next to her with my earbuds in. She listens as I talk about my play, beats and wins after a session. Also, family always comes first!

C

crisco609

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Where can i check to see how many posts i have any help would be greatly appreciated
It says it right there literally in your post... you have 39. Also you posted this inside of another post which is about a completely different topic... If you want to ask a question you should "Create New Post" and post it in the relative thread...

As for the topic - I'd say they would be more supportive if I was actually winning money lol. They're not against it as long as I'm smart about bankroll management, and I always make sure I have a separate poker fund aside from my life fund. As for this new woman who I just started dating - we shall see if I end up in the doghouse when she finds out I'm really a degenerate :D

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi all im just wondering how your family supports you or hates that you play poker and how there support has helped your game out ???

tyvm for your responds and have a great day :captain::captain::captain:

Family that has never played poker just don't understand. And if that is the case and they are still supportive then they are being supportive of you personally. Which is great.

Most that don't understand do have Josh Kane's family's attitude.

But the advantage of having a SO, who also plays, is huge. Being able to discuss hands/players and having a feeling like someone really understands what you are going through and has your back in those situations can be advantageous. And to be able to trust the response from that person.

Psychologically you can read research about female SO's who are more comfortable when their man is down emotionally. There are a lot of reasons for that -- they may not understand poker or your bad beat story but they do understand that you've been dinged emotionally and they can (and want to) be there for you.

I have had a girlfriend gladly loan me $800 for a 2/5 game. And I thanked her and rewarded her in more ways than one when I came home w $4k.

What about you Japp?

Good luck !

Chalada12

Chalada12

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker is not very popular in my country , so my family don t know what exaclty poker is , they think of it as gambling . anyway they are always supporting me in my decisions and to acheive my goal

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes when I get a small profit in poker, my family is happy for me that I played poker and won, but sometimes my family is angry with me that I spend a lot of time playing — especially my wife is angry with me when I play poker in the evening!

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if poker dont make you life a linving hell, i think the family dont bother of it.

bijan777

bijan777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely they support me
But my father no
Hi heat of poker and say enybody play poker lose mony just looos

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Yes ... my family supports me with all this poker ... of course I must first fulfill my family obligations and then play poker ... The family will always be first ...

N

nashty22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my family thinks of it as gambling and doesnt like it at all lol

F

fastjob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there is no support, it is a solitary project, except CC help.:cool:

M

magornic24

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hello all. My family not in a course that I play a poker. So that to me not to what to compare

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I usually play poker every evening.
My family understands my hobby.
And despite the fact that I play a lot of time, my family never distract me.

2Rockets2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Help lol

It says it right there literally in your post... you have 39. Also you posted this inside of another post which is about a completely different topic... If you want to ask a question you should "Create New Post" and post it in the relative thread...

As for the topic - I'd say they would be more supportive if I was actually winning money lol. They're not against it as long as I'm smart about bankroll management, and I always make sure I have a separate poker fund aside from my life fund. As for this new woman who I just started dating - we shall see if I end up in the doghouse when she finds out I'm really a degenerate :D
Maybe it is somthing in my settings i am using my phone and i do not see my number of posts anywhere.

mathtree

mathtree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not at first, but when the money consistently rolls in, my husband and daughter now think very positively about my playing poker!

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it depends how often play in live tournaments, but my wife will actually go with me to some and i always seem to do better when she does.

V

vpashuta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They could care less about my poker playing. They find it annoying when I come out of the room yelling about some bad beat.

L

Lord Foma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

for your responds tyvm and have a great day :captain::captain::captain:
It happens that we swear with his wife because of poker, but it is very rare.
Basically wife sees me play poker well.