Does how you play describe your personality?

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on the opponents at the table, and mostly tight aggressive...

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Interestingly enough.... kinda. I am constantly learning new strategies and leaks in my game, same as I am constantly learning in life. My personality is upbeat and funny, so I would say it is much like my LAG talkative style

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say that I am an aggressive player when I have a good card, but most of all it depends how the players play at the table and then I look and make decisions, but sometimes I play not aggressively so as not to scare the players!

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Basically, I always play very carefully, only when I have strong cards.
I try to be patient and wait for a good opportunity.

F

fatshady21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No because i play very aggressive on poker but i am a really calm person in everything else.

Q

qxcydx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
endlessly getting run down by people calling all ins chasing 8 outers? yes that is my personality

clubsta

clubsta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hah never thought about that but I suppose it makes sense. Tight aggressive + a tinge of a wildcard edge every now and then (highly stable personality with a bit of quirk / playful).

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
I usually start playing very cautious and analyzing the way my opponents play. I try to control my emotions in such a way that they do not affect my game ... I think it is very important to give the necessary importance to these external aspects of poker ... and in the game I am very balanced ... always waiting for the right moment to play my hands in the best way ... and I try to get the most out of my position

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I think personality can't hide in the long term no matter if you play poker, in your work place or in your everyday life. So yes I feel like it varies from person to person :)

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you're a natural born player (< 1%) there could be a one-to-one match between your personality and your playing style. For the majority of serious players, it's a learned game which should have absolutely nothing to do with your personality.

S

Sunshinerise

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely not ! The game is just a game, not part of a charachter

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yes I believe this. I play a mostly "TAG" style of poker, but will adjust on the fly if the table seems passive/weak, or aggro/blaster type. If the table is very active you have to widen your calling/3betting range or you will be pushed out of many pots in which you have the better hand or a ton of equity in. The thing all aggressive type players hate the most, is another player playing aggressive back at them consistently. You cannot always just call when you have a hand and fold when you don't. You have to mix in 3bet bluffs, check raises, slow plays ect.

Dmytro Lysyuk

Dmytro Lysyuk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In general, I choose the type of game depending on the opponents, mostly I play tight-aggressive.

Aremaz95

Aremaz95

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hungry for triumph and be better at what I do

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Sometimes my game depends on my mood. I always try to analyze my game and avoid mistakes. Usually I play cautiously.
Good luck.

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play pretty conservative and tight! Not always the best when playing poker.

A

Ando37

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No I don't think it does. I am quiet and reserved in real life, but on the table I like to be aggressive. When I have played with people who know me I think they have been shocked at the change.

So no I don't think that it reflects your personality, maybe we unleash a table image of what we wish we were more like?

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play intuitively, allied to what I've learned over time, I tend to adapt to certain factors, so that my playing is related to my personality, but analyzing my plays will not give you enough clues to my personality, and to play with my personality in mind will not give you a game advantage, since I play according to many variables and I can act in different ways in the same situations.

E

emerson rufino

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
ot always, I seem to be very calm when in fact I'm splitting inside.

A

ATruRube

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No I don't think so..mean, angry, compulsive, aggressive?

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I consider myself an aggressive poker player:)

PokerDragon99

PokerDragon99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Totally not.
I play with so many images, that it can not be true anymore.

The earlier my stage was, the more it's true