Does everybody bluff?

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing nlhe about 8 mths now. I stick to the .05/.10 ring games and have had my ups and downs. I have noticed that if I stick to my general if you dont have the nuts don't call it and I do end up winning but very slowly. I also have folded alot of winning hands due to playing too safe. My question is, does the average player chase as in calling or shove it like you have it even when you don't?

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I definately never bluff, I am wondering if that is my problem, lol

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In Negreanu's first book, it says that one of the big mistakes that ametures make(.5/.10) is bluffing too much. Yes, a lot of people do it with out you knowing, ecspecially if you are really tight(a rock) like you say you are.

It takes a lot of learning, experience, and reading skills(online-taking notes/paying attention) to make good bluffs, but if you watch some of the vids that zach and chuck have you'll see some nice spots of stealing or (bluffing?) i think

Also when I make a bluff it is because I think/know I can get them off the heand to make a small pot....mainly because the range I put them onm....If they raise preflop I could pu them on the range of AK-A0...so if nothing like that hits im betting./...understand?

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You don't have to shove to bluff. Try situational bluffs sized like valuebets.

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've found that you need a specific reason to believe your bluff will work.

A lot of people will call you down, which is great when you have a band, but sucks when you don't.

Basically, you want to bluff a smart player, when it's consistent with your story.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you guys and curtis Yes that makes sense, I do tend to watch for the maniac tracking what they have and hit when time is right but that is only after the all in 50 times. If I make the effort to really pay attention to all players when and how much they bet I think I can get better reads. I will check out those vids. tyvm

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes savage it's the call I am scared of which is why I just opt not too. I know that sounds stupid and then why play. I just love the game, lol

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OMG i didn't spam in this thread.......dammit....i did it again

SeanyJ

SeanyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing at 10NL is pretty much pointless, wait until you're at at least 50NL before you try running bluffs. Even then don't worry about it much.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No real point in running big multi-street bluffs at those limits, but position steals and flop cbets when you miss can win a lot of pots (and money).

D

DuaneK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Low stake games are hard to bluff in. Cbets work but you have to mix it up. Position is the thing to consider. It's hard to get most people at lltables off a hand.

L

light65536

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you dont bluff you aren't winning enough.. most people overbluff or underbluff -- have to find the right mix and the right time

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
'It is a silly fish, that is caught twice with the same bait.'

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

lmao

No real point in running big multi-street bluffs at those limits, but position steals and flop cbets when you miss can win a lot of pots (and money).

See like I said these cash game players got some tricks so watch there vids! (not directed to you zach, just using the quote :) )

J

jagsxxx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I bluff only once and a while and usually have a good draw incase im called

MrMuckets

MrMuckets

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
NLHE is an art. And one of the tools the artist uses is the bluff. Without the bluff it's like trying to draw the Mona Lisa with a box of crayons.It can be done but only by the very best.:p:p:):)

P

paumarhas

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i bluff rarely, but when i do i have a good feel about it, what about trying your bluff in play money games or freerolls, you can always start with the semi bluff - a running hand, for the most part if the odds are with you, a good player will catch on and probably back off, but the maniacs or idiiots won't. just some ideas i'm not a pro, but i feel i'm catching on.

B

big rych

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course bluff...

If you start with a decent hand and flop nothing, or rainbow no face cards, it's almost inevitible that you'd need to bluff depending on how your table plays.

P

PetaBread11

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
your never gonna win big if you never bluff
I mean you should not bluff more than bluff but you can't just go forever and never bluff

my advice would be slow play good hands and when you have a decent hand after the flop with no hit bet a little and see if they bite

sisko

sisko

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its much more harder to bluff at low stakes. much much more. people have money who cares about some cents or dolars. they call or chase. i remember myself bullying 1 dolar sit goes with all ins. but bluffing is crucial. i bluff about % 10 of time with sucess rate a little more than % 50 and it seems thats not enough and successful. also sometimes you (i) should play crap hands like j4 or 38 just not to give an incredible tight player view. otherwise people starts to bluff on you more.

S

simpleman31

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do bluff on occasion. But it really depends on who's playing, position and other factors. But I'm fairly successful when I do. I think position is the key for me!

JupeZ

JupeZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i agree its harder to bluff at low stakes but then again the higher the stakes the more successful the bluff is. that is if u got a good read from them

Thats true, and at low stakes just wait for good hand :)

R

RazzleDazzle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From my experience at the low stakes tables, most people rarely bluff... The people who are the regulars at the table that you see everyday playing, or the people that you see playing at multiple tables almost never bluff. However, in the really micro stakes tournaments or sit and go, people definitely bluff all the time.

Cowgirl

Cowgirl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing is part of the game, if your not bluffing sometimes then your not playing poker... You need to know when to bluff though

:)