Does Anyone Here NOT Multi-Table?

Aleksei

Aleksei

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't really like playing more than one table. For one thing I play super-shorthanded (basically I play HU and ring tables with less than 4 people in them) so I have to pay more attention to the gameflow to adjust, and for another you're basically playing less of your A-game the more tables you're playing -- and you can't really get better because you don't have time at all to reevaluate your assumptions.

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't multi table. I suck at multi tabling. I lose A LOT. I need to focus on a single table to win

R3DRANG3R

R3DRANG3R

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont either. its too much work and a few times i misclicked the all in button multi tabling. it was horrible lol

Z

Zin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will play 4 tables max, can handle 6-8 tables but that requires to much work, lol.

curly

curly

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never played more then one table at time, it's just to hard for me to focus otherwise.

C

cander128

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually multi table but not always. Sometimes on bad run I will just sit at one table to continue playing but slow the bleeding. If I am playing a bigger tournament I will ALWAYS have another cheap one running, this is a way to be able to play and not get crazy on the big one. If an urgent need to be foolish pops up, or just wanting to play a hand after being card dead comes up doing it on a $5 buy-in instead of $200 is great option to have.

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have to multi or I play bad lol
more tbls = tighter play, and not getting impatient, 4-9 tbls usually

E

emirlidan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll stick with one big tourney

throw on some pandora for something to distract me from boredom and I am set

DaReKa

DaReKa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually do two. Eventually I want to practice playing more though.

vegasjj

vegasjj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play one or 2 tables - on occasion I play more - but I do not enjoy the game with more then 2. Two are ideal for me. I can table chat, chat with friends on Skype, browse the net, most important - I "feel" the games and enjoy them fully. If the I get in deep in a important game - I really prefer ONE table.

M

Madness_does

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to mulitable but then as I get older it gets me dizzy, of course that could be the beer too helping.

K

Klooo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Me too, I play at most 2 table. I think if you play on more tables you can't improve your game. On more tables you can't follow table game, only you can do is wait for good hands and bet big. This is not a poker game then.

igySK

igySK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play 5-6 tables + 1 table where it's just me waiting for a fish to sit down

blott

blott

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing low stakes I tend to visit other non poker sites while playing one table.

Will play two if there is added value but if value is extra good I will concentrate on that one and no surfing.

Used to play matrix on FT but lost every time:(

steveiam

steveiam

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I am playing in MTT's I will play 2 to 3 . I find it helps me keep my discipline.

D

detourglr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never multitable becuase:
1. one I never use those software HUDS that give you info about each player... I like doing it myself since I play a lot of live poker, It enables me to practice about getting info on players by watching and trying to remember this info.
2. Like in reason #1.. I like to keep the game at a slower pace. Sometimes I get in a rush about making a decision and dont think about my options.. Doing multi tableseems to fuel this bad habit of mine becuase of the the fast pace of multi tabling.

B

blast126

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play with a maximun of 3 tables, more I start taking bad decisions.

D

dead homie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
90% of the time i only play one table, i do go on the internet while i play though. i play two tables when im in a low stakes tournament cause i get bored if i just play a tourny. i get to annoyed playings more tables than that.

dresturn2

dresturn2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play one if I feel like I'm on tilt or just playing when I don't really feel like playing

Yoshimiii

Yoshimiii

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play 6 max 6 tables at a time otherwise I get bored waiting for hands.

Deco

Deco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dropped down to 6tables recently. The boredom has made me loosen up to the point I'm playing as many hands as when I 12tabled FR, kinda lost the benefit of slowing down :p

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to play a ton of tables, but gave that up. I found dropping my tables improved me quite significantly but when playing MTT's, I usually do around 4-10 tables and when I grind my HU's it's usually 1 table, 2 at the most.

M

Mursilis1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you multy table it does take away from your game. How much all depends. You may be able to play more than one game and show a higher combined houly rate but per table any rate will go down. And if you are a losing player you will surely loss money faster.
I dont multi table , one table for me. Sometimes two though if its a freeroll.

S

smidjet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
never . i play live and the speed of 1 table online is fine compared to that. The thing about multi tabling seems to me that you would only be playing ABC hands and thats not my game.

SANDYHOOKER KY

SANDYHOOKER KY

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't play more than one anymore.After disconnecting 3 or 4 times playing 6 tables, it cost me a lot. And then there is what i call "carry over", i click on fold or call or raise, and just after i click, boom, it took me to another table and the command intended for table 1 gets 'carried over' to table 3. I can't cascade or tile the tables as im blind as a bat.