Do you usually show your cards ?

fantata666

fantata666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i never show myself the hands i play if anyone wants to see my cards i have to pay because i'm aggressive if i play in the pot that is mine :)

T

tatalarata

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only reason I would show my hand is:
I have a too-loose image, and I want to scare people, Ill show a nutty hand.
I have a too-tight image, and I want to show I can bluff, Ill show a bluff.

In reality, I almost never show.

lexyyxel

lexyyxel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I show the bluff when i play with the same persons for a while, same times that prepare for a good call when i have the nut :D

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I am not to show the cards ever. I think it is best not to give any information to our rivals, whether we are telling the truth or bluffing. The less the rival knows about us, it will help us to have a better game and greater chances of winning.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There
I never show my cards
Even if some opponent show theirs
Poker is information on players so why should i give it for free?
Never
Rgds

F

FroZnight

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi there

if I win the hand and for example I had nothing in my hand, I will show the cards. in the next cut rival will think that I am bluffing but I will be ready for this

JoeKampman

JoeKampman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always muck my hand. I would just rather they have no idea what I am playing. I understand that showing someone they have been bluffed can tilt them, but I think they can get equally tilted if you never show them anything. Make them pay to see.:D

N

Naruba

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As a general rule I don't show my cards, I only do it in special situations. For example, when I am in the bubble very close to getting paid and if I am short of chips, I decide to throw a high pair or a monster hand I show it. I only do it to show that I left with a high hand ... I never show my cards when my hand is bad, in no situation.

swoopdonk

swoopdonk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually show them sometimes at the bubble or when heads up.

T

tigervball

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Almost never to show a bluff
Rarely to show a good hand during a rush.
Tony's The Elements of Poker Book says showing is usually weak... like you need approval

I agree! What is the purpose really unless you are trying to get under someone’s skin and make them make bad decisions.

IM_FM

IM_FM

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are a few critical moments where I show my cards. I sometimes show strong hands when I am playing tight aggressive and I sometimes show bluffs to loose players to get under their skin and cause them to continue making mistakes.

stylebender72

stylebender72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont understand why would anyone show his cards. Its so dumb giving so many information about how one is playing his ranges I think only very weak beginners do that think they are playing a mind game called this time I have it this time I dont so now I bluffed you now next time maybe I wont maybe I will but we both now that I bluffed now so now I know that you know that.. stupid daniel negreanu's shit vomiting what he thinks thinking that its right and thats the way to play this game and in reality ITS NOT poor guy thinking he s good at NLHM he stopped playing because he realised he's so weak. beginners...dont show your cards... or show them do whatever you want I dont care you can even die I wouldnt care less.

IM_FM

IM_FM

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont understand why would anyone show his cards. Its so dumb giving so many information about how one is playing his ranges I think only very weak beginners do that think they are playing a mind game called this time I have it this time I dont so now I bluffed you now next time maybe I wont maybe I will but we both now that I bluffed now so now I know that you know that.. stupid daniel negreanu's shit vomiting what he thinks thinking that its right and thats the way to play this game and in reality ITS NOT poor guy thinking he s good at NLHM he stopped playing because he realised he's so weak. beginners...dont show your cards... or show them do whatever you want I dont care you can even die I wouldnt care less.

Maybe I am a beginner but I think there is some strategy to showing your cards. One of the many facets of poker includes mind games. Showing your cards can mislead your opponent to make certain decisions that they normally would not make if they did not have the information you showed them. This does not mean that it is a strategy that allows you to win every time but I think it can play to your benefit if played well.

zlajazlaja2

zlajazlaja2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think it's good to show, but I like to show when it comes to bluffs, and a big pot in the game, and I win ... purely others think I bluff often, so when I'm very strong, I take them everything what they have, money or chips in torunament :D:D:D

Gaviria8

Gaviria8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I'm stealing too much blinds to the same player, I like to show when I have something good and I stolen the blinds, but only it's when I steal 5 times in a row

W

wermutt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Show it or not? depends on the type and strategy of the game. If you know that your opponent goes into a tilt when looking at your cards, why not show them? However, of course, with regular players, no one will give extra information about themselves.

pykubepx111

pykubepx111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone, I think that showing cards to rivals is to provide them with additional information about their game, so I do not advise doing this

H

HungryLyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is very seldom that I will show my hand. The only time I may do it is to indicate that I was bluffing but most of the time I don't show my hand as I feel it gives out information to the opponents.

C

closer50

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
show cards

sometimes depends on table flow and where im at at certain points of the tourney