Delusions of a Poker Player

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the poker game is an illusion, because we always think that we will win all the tournaments we play and most of the time we will be in the first leg.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Whoever thinks they'll win all the tournaments they play is a fool.

naydanazar

naydanazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why the illusion, if you pay much attention to game analysis, you can achieve new success in poker)

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
poker games are real, thousands of hands are played every day everywhere, over the whole worls.
Maybe you want to say Winning in Poker games is an Illusion? Neither, we win some we loose some, maybe loose more than wins but the Illusion is that you will win in Poker to be a Pro! :call2:

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

🙉 🙈 🙊 student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think the poker game is an illusion, because we always think that we will win all the tournaments we play and most of the time we will be in the first leg.
This is a great question. It can be applied to online and/or live poker.

Both can be an illusion and both can be real. In live poker, for example, all it takes for it to be an illusion is a dealer that can perform card magic. It is one of the oldest crafts in magic. If the dealer is honest and shuffles the cards properly, then the poker game is real but can still be an illusion in the minds of the players who may think they are better or worse than they really are. Perhaps there is a real poker card game and an illusion coexisting at the same time.

In online poker, anything is possible. Nobody knows anything but claim some things as an absolute certainty nonetheless.

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Illusion is not a poker game, illusion is a hope of winning in every tournament!:captain:

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love this concept, think I've gotten pleasure reading about the concept of reality being an illusion constructed by the delayed inputs our brain receives...

If that is the case then Yes the game is an illusion created by our delayed perception of it.

The reality is... we can perceive any thing how ever we want to perceive it and every one will see something in their own way...

Going back to some thing David Negreanu says about "shout it out, shout it out loudly, so loud that every one else sees it and you believe it your self"

isn't that something to do with how you perceive something and in turn how it defines your reality.

lol something to think about!

Stop when the fun stops or when your brain starts hurting

ps have you seen the kinder egg balloon thing KKK, see what i mean about reality is based on how we think about stuff.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think Carlos Castawhatever started a book on this very subject, unfortunately he got lost in reality & didn't finish it.

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Summarizing in a gross way: It can be the reflection than the light becomes through the mind.

FlamengoBR

FlamengoBR

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that poker is not a ilusion.
Ilusion is one million dollars or big quantities of money.
We are freeroll players and poker is just a game to have fun.If you wanna be a millionare playing poker I don't know how to answer this question.

cleder7

cleder7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My illusion is contrary, many times I think I will go very badly in some tournament or some table and I am surprised by my result. :)
But being more concrete, I believe that to grow in poker you have to eliminate those feelings of illusion.

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Hello everyone has the dream of winning a tournament but more than that this study dedication and discipline to achieve long-term goals as a poker player

BnaD

BnaD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whoever thinks they'll win all the tournaments they play is a fool.

The fools are the people who enter the tournaments knowing they can't win. I collect their stacks on my way to the final table.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Need to play more poker and gain experience, then there will be more chances to win the tournament.

FerC182

FerC182

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

it's very difficult to win every game of poker you play, but getting into the game with a cool head and no hurry to get rich or thinking you're going to be the first is good. I do not think poker is an illusion game, I think it's a game of patience, online the question is the volume of games, the more you play the more you will learn from your opponents' mistakes and your own mistakes as well. It's no good for you to play 2 or 3 games a day and think you're going to sting.

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Basically, you are saying that many players have unrealistic expectations. I'm sure many do. You must know that if you expect to make a significant portion of your income from gambling then it is going to be very difficult. You will need to play, study, play more, deal with the big ups and downs and manage your bankroll effectively. Even then, some people will just never get all the pieces in place. However, I believe that if you have realistic expectations and have a true passion for the game, it can be profitable on some level. One thing you have to keep in mind about tournaments is that you will generally need at least a little bit of luck to go far in one. The only way they end is when one person has every chip, and the rising blinds/antes force the action to help accomplish this. Your stack must be consistently growing and you are forced to play in a way that is opposite to the patient, slow grind of cash games. You should only expect to cash a small percentage of the tournaments you play in, so you should try to make those cashes count.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Rather, it is an illusion to win a lot of money playing poker with a micro limit. Search for a miracle and become a very rich man playing freerolls. But to become a professional poker player, you need to play in the micro-limit and not lose large sums until you reach the required level.
No one has any doubt that you can win every tournament, it is simply unrealistic. The game of poker is built in such a way that even absolute knowledge will not give 100% to win every hand.
In general, our whole life is an illusion, because no one knows the secrets of the universe and operates only with the concepts available to our limited consciousness.

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
who knows this whole world could be an illusion:0) but I know I don't think ill win every tournament but I know I do try to make every final table:0)

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a reality. If you are in the red - then this level of your game. If you are in the black-then you are a skilled player. No illusions - only knowledge and ability to play.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For one, never remotely thought of poker being illusional. However though, thinking you are going win every tournament is delusional

Reload

Reload

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think like that, if i thought that way i would be sad. Ask the All-time biggest Pros if they won everything, of course not.

MetaDon7577

MetaDon7577

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think poker is an illusion. Most likely you are deceiving yourself because good players look much ahead and do not expect to win every tournament

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the key is to aim high,,but have realistic expectations. ;)

A

akjordan16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Illusion

I'll tell you what the illusion is, the American dream.

T

thxitz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The really illusion is to be rich playing poker