Do you think the deck is randomly distributed?

F

Fabricio_39

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you believe the deck is randomly distributed?

Last edited by a moderator:
thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Information.

Do you believe the deck is randomly disrupted?

This question is easily answered.
Analysis of the results of the first 20 hands of a Mtt, live and discuss the analysis of the first 20 hands of an Mtt, in online poker.
The results are very different, in online poker an AA, loses very often, in the live it is very difficult an AA to lose.
In online poker, you make a chip on the flop, and an opponent wins with a flush, with hands like J9o, are very different results from the probability of poker, in my opinion the online cards are scheduled, do not go out in a regular way.
The odds of a court are 0.012%, every hour has players making blocks with hands like j5o, beats 5d 5s 9d 5c Ac, are very different results of live poker.
I love playing poker and I'm going to keep playing, now I'll say that the cards come out in word form ...

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, unless you’re somehow playing in a dodgey rigged game which is unlikely these days unless you’re somewhere extraordinarily sketchy!

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This question is easily answered.
Analysis of the results of the first 20 hands of a Mtt, live and discuss the analysis of the first 20 hands of an Mtt, in online poker.
The results are very different, in online poker an AA, loses very often, in the live it is very difficult an AA to lose.
In online poker, you make a chip on the flop, and an opponent wins with a flush, with hands like J9o, are very different results from the probability of poker, in my opinion the online cards are scheduled, do not go out in a regular way.
The odds of a court are 0.012%, every hour has players making blocks with hands like j5o, beats 5d 5s 9d 5c Ac, are very different results of live poker.
I love playing poker and I'm going to keep playing, now I'll say that the cards come out in word form ...

Don't know where you got this but it doesn't sound correct. Don't know of any poker client that would change the program for the first 20 hands? You might have a leg to stand on discussing the difference in the players mentality between playing live and online though. Otherwise it is just another random thought in the random card generator conspiracy.

Are you not playing the first 20 hands and folding AA? How are the results different in live poker?

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not know what to believe. But I think that some accounts are more tuned to win than others. Honestly, I don’t believe in the pokerstars site, because they have one god - profit, not poker.

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sometimes is random or "luck" its an important part of the game, but, habbilities are important as well

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is very unfair at times, but I still like it.
I think the luck factor exists and also that we all have to win and lose.
Obviously I'm left with a bitter taste when I lose, but having many doubts about the card distribution system seems to me harmful.
If I had that theme in my head, my game would lose a lot of quality, because I would deconcentrate thinking about every hand I lost and it was impossible to lose it.
So I choose to think that everything is part of the randomness factor.
Greetings.

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's a very simple rule. If you believe online poker is rigged, stop playing except for freerolls.

That said, AA DOES lose a lot live. If you don't think so then you haven't played live enough.

As for things happening online and not live, that's complete BS. In a live tourney my wife saw the board be dealt AAAAK. I know because the dealer called for players to come over and see it. I saw it myself. On TV in the wsop main event Quad Aces lost to a Royal Flush. I myself once got AA, AA, KK, AA over a 6 hand period.

No one can convince me they play much live if they think online is rigged. I only play live once a month or so and I've seen so many things live that also happen online that either live playing is rigged, or online playing is not.

D

Darth_Moola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think most people make erroneous connections based off of not liking to lose. The deck is evenly dealt almost always, and chance combined with more hands per hour is what makes you see bad beats more often in online play.

C

Cesum Pec

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As is the answer to most everything where humans are involved, it depends.

If you are talking on line, I got my degree in computer science and we know that computer randomizers are good but not perfect. That said, in the course of weeks or months of daily online play, you would never be able to pick out the faults in the randomization process without some fairly sophisticated programming that recorded every revealed card during play.

In live play, I've read a study that said 7 good shuffles were needed to randomly redistribute the cards after a hand. If the cards go into an auto shuffler, that will randomize the cards. But what happens when the auto shuffler is broken or not installed at the table? The dealer will reuse the same deck, shuffle 3 times, cut the cards two or three times in the process. That is not sufficient. If he is a sloppy shuffler, which happens rarely, I'll ask him to shuffle again. If it is a home or underground game, the quality of the dealer and shuffle may be sorely lacking and who knows how bad the shuffle will be.

Does that insufficient shuffling result in anything that a player can take advantage of? I don't think so. If you knew every hand that was discarded the previous hand, you might occasionally be able to spot some sort of grouping on the flop. But I doubt it.

If the hand went to showdown, and if 4 players showed paint, and if it was on a painted board, and if the dealer was sloppy or lazy such that those painted cards tended to stay together on the shuffle, and if some of those same cards came out on the flop, you might not be surprised if the turn and river was some of those same painted cards. That's a lot of ifs.

nera75

nera75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the easiest way to blame a deck of cards, the dealer, do not pay attention to this you just need to coordinate on the game to analyze your game and everything will come

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pros in online poker at big tournaments also play. I have not heard that these players complained about the distribution of cards in online poker.

christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, Yes, I believe that the deck and all the cards that are dealt are random.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
The cards are randomly distributed to all players so that a good starting hand is noticeable about 7 turns. There are cases in which I personally received 2-3-4 consecutive hands, but there were also expectations of 10-14 hands. Everything falls apart when playing all-in including when you have AA and you have a higher bankroll opponent as yours because the game must eliminate the participants in the game until the last one.

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yes the cards don't play normal, just look at all the bad beats.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I agree that the cards get to the players at random, but in the money nearly the same nicknames ...

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play both and don't see anything out of the ordinary with either format. You simply listed a few hypothetical situations to fit a narrative.

Do you play hands differently at the start of a online MMT based on this hypothesis?

Last edited by a moderator:
acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
See how the random number generator creates a fair shuffle (as the Pokerstars says) when you play online poker. This video had a lot of negative comments and now the comment part has been disabled. Curious, is not it?

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There has Never been a randomly generated shuffle... Even in the real world and shuffling a real pack there are patterns in the distributions...

It's a curse in the reality of the universe we are born to... Entropic Force Any one heard of Entropy? An amazing subject, but as close as we can describe pure randomness...

Nope there isn't a randomness to any thing which has some very profound consequences... But that I'll leave for Y'all to imagine what to do with...

Galmedic

Galmedic

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It’s not like shuffling a deck of cards manually- but then again after one use the deck shuffles differently than when it was new so....
Why not have the cards be shuffled by a machine?

A

AnLin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad beat

I'ts random, but people many times screem about rigged hands when they get a Bedbeat ( or just play bad)

S

sergo1203

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
everyone, when they lose, think about it .. but unequivocally say whether it is true or not, no one can. it remains only to decide for yourself whether it is worth playing or not ..

jadaminato

jadaminato

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have thought about it many times. But you also have to ask yourself, why would a site benefit some players over others? Maybe it makes sense to think that it benefits the "new" to be enthusiastic and keep playing, but I do not know, it sounds very conspiratorial. Most poker sites make a lot of money without having to intervene in the game