Do you prepare for a session?

E

eagleaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you prepare for a session of poker and if so how do you do it. I usually try not to think about it when i play live games or i tend to psych myself out a bunch lol. Online though i just get as comfortable as i can in front of my screen and i like to project my games to my tv. sometimes i like to think of all the mistakse i made the day before or last sesssion. other than that not much preparation for me. Id like to know what yall do though. maybe itll help.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to put a lot of emphasis on the preparations before the session. Nowadays, I don’t deal with that at all anymore. I don’t miss it at all, it doesn’t affect anything for me.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prepare myself only when I have a important tournament to play, like a big buy in tournament or when I'm planning to play several tournament at that day.

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice post. I used to prepare before, read books, watch VOD's, analyze hands of the day before, do anything to get a good mood. Now, my fault, I almost don't prepare for game sessions. Even play without any HUD. I have not been playing for about half of a year, and just started to try again. Need to set up Holdem Manager and Flopzilla in nearest future (after re-installing Windows).

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good sleep and a positive attitude help me prepare for a long session!

PokStorm

PokStorm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I make a good coffee, I check the cushion of my chair and I warn my wife not to talk to me about important things again until further notice, I'm lucky, she understands.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Depending on what stage of development your poker game is at.
At certain stages in your poker development it would be advantageous to prepare for a session. Typically if players are playing over their head they will feel they need to prepare for a certain session.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A few hours before playing I watch videos of what I like series, movies, some poker etc. for when I'm playing, don't be distracted and don't feel like seeing something, I always have water to drink on my desk, that's usually my routine:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Before the tournament I like to relax and drink a cup of coffee. That's usually enough for me. I used to smoke a lot, but from 2021 I finally decided to get rid of this habit.

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good Morning

Good question.

I try before playing to make sure that I am alone in the place, if the place is silent.
Then a coffee made to order.
A water bottle on the side.

I look at the sky, I see the landscape and may luck accompany me.

>>> e ai inicio <<<
;)

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Before I start a new session, I often review my last hands, mistakes that I did, schedule what I going to do, and try to take a deep breath at least in 5 - 10 minutes.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preparation for me is away from the table. Want be in a positive state of mind and well rested. From there I'm ready as will be.

nba2009

nba2009

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I prepare in the following way I live in Venezuela where the internet fails a lot despite that I verify that the cell phone has enough balance in case the connection fails and I cannot play on the pc I like to be alone when I play and I put good music that is necessary in my routine

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
As much as preparing, no, only organizing my time if it is a long tournament so as not to have interruptions ;)

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I like to take a nap before the evening tournament. I noticed that because of this I play more focused.
Good luck.

O

oscarhuka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Generally I do not prepare to start a session, but I like to be well rested and prepared for a long match since I like to play MTT and if there is the possibility of doing FT I have to be wide awake to be able to play more than the average in another tournament .

After all the rest, comfort, water, mate, tranquility and fundamentally no short-term commitment.

M

martinf1971

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I should prepare for games sometimes I start a game and my heads just not in it.

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! I also wondered this question, the best preparation for the game is a good mood, at least for me, then the game is going in the best way

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course I'm getting ready. I turn on my computer and register.
The rest I do during the session.

leifen

leifen

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
I prepare for big tournaments. Then I need to make enough frech brew coffee and have some snacks avable ;)

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I believe you have to be prepared on different levels if you want to play poker regularly or seriously. It requires the discipline and clear goal-setting.

If it's one in a blue moon long session due to some lucky deep run, then I think you would manage without this prep. Although the proper one would never harm.

As all the money is won in late stages, the one who will come there in best condition will have a huge advantage long term, and you won't get the good condition without regime and preparation (on physical, emotional, mental, psychological levels).