COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Hello everybody! Until yesterday I was away with my family on vacation for 7 days so I did not play poker at all. It was a lot of fun, but sometimes I felt the need to play a tournament. I abstained because I did not want to be accused that I can not abstain on vacation either :). In your case, what are you doing, how do you do? Play on vacation or do like me, do you have fun, but do you think about poker sometimes? Tonight I am at the table and thank you for your thoughts!

belladonna05

belladonna05

belladonkin'
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
A more accurate question would be, do I plan my vacations so I can play poker too. That would be generally an affirmative :D

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of the time i do not play poker during vacation but sometimes if i have enough free time in the evening before going to sleep then i play a tournament.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
On vacation, I play poker more than usual. If I have a lot of free time, sometimes I can play 10-12 hours a day.
Good luck.

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love playing poker on vacation, especially if it’s available live in the area. Not only is it fun because, well, it’s poker lol, it also gives a sense of the local vernacular/customs and you can get fun recommendations for unusual things to do in the area. Before the time I spent living in Vegas, I found out about the Pinball Hall of Fame—which became one of my favorite places in town! :)

K

Kadgaron

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker on weekends and sometimes I don’t get it, but during the holidays I play all day

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always try not to miss my scheduled tournaments whenever possible.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of my vacations in life have revolved around poker tournaments. For some reason I didn't think I could justify taking a vacation unless I was being 'productive' on that trip and so I would go for poker vacations, or workshop vacations.

What I found when going on vacations with this mindset was that things didn't really end up being much of a vacation at all. I would either be in preparation mode for the event, focusing on 'doing all the right things' or I would be on a low from disappointment of losing, and since I put so much energy into the event, I would have little energy left to enjoy myself.

On the few occasions I did scoop the tourney it led to a great experience of celebration, but this was the exception rather than the rule.

Lately I have made the adjustment and given myself permission to go on a vacation just to go on a vacation. Vacations are supposed to be a break from regular work, an opportunity to turn off, to rest, and to take it easy in general.

The poker mind is one that is on, strategic and processing information to come to conclusions. The vacation mind is one that is off, curious, and simply taking in the beauty of life and joys out there for the sake of enjoyment itself.

Since I started planning vacations as normal trips and keeping the poker separate I enjoy them much more. I'm also more motivated to play poker when I'm back at home because I know what I'm working for: A beautiful life experience with my friends wherein I can be fully present and my mind won't be distracted by thoughts of desire or need.

I'm much happier having integrated this sort of balance into my life, and I highly encourage the same to others. Planning a poker trip is fun because it's exciting, and planning a real trip is even more fun because there are so many more things you can do when you have an extra $500-5000 to work with and an extra 5-7 days to enjoy it!

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When in Vegas is about it. One of those cruise ship vacation would be fun to play poker though.

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play poker on vacation if visiting my son as he lives in Reno Nevada.:):):)

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like poker a lot, but when I travel I not play because the people I always travel with do not play. I think becomes it's a boring situation to play.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From poker you need to rest, so when i rest i forget to pto poker

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Yes, I play, but only cash games.

ANATOLII1981

ANATOLII1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
time to play

It is necessary to find time not only for the game, but also in order not to play. That is, spending time is just as interesting, it is useful to give it to your friends and relatives. And it seems to me that the better you rest with your beloved family on vacation or just for a long walk, the better you rest, accumulate emotional and psychological forces, remove a negative charge of energy and stress. And this is already important for the game, when it will be the right time for it, and you should be ready to withstand all poker hits and random moves. And it will suit you for sure, you must wait for it. It is important to learn to endure and wait, in poker it is very important.:smile::smile::smile:

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not play poker during vacation because I do not carry a lap top with me

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hey
I get to play poker when I am at work and when travelling (alone) due to work commitments.

When on holiday with family there is absolutely no chance of poker.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Usually, if I have a vacation, I travel, so in fact I do not have time to play poker. I believe that active leisure always brings more benefits than an online game.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually play on vacation when it doesn’t interfere with my family and there is Internet.:)

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I take 2 vacations a year on my own just to play live poker. But I never play poker on a family vacation.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everybody! Until yesterday I was away with my family on vacation for 7 days so I did not play poker at all. It was a lot of fun, but sometimes I felt the need to play a tournament. I abstained because I did not want to be accused that I can not abstain on vacation either :). In your case, what are you doing, how do you do? Play on vacation or do like me, do you have fun, but do you think about poker sometimes? Tonight I am at the table and thank you for your thoughts!

I have different situations when I am on vacation sometimes I play, but sometimes it happens that I don’t play, but I think that it’s better to take a break from poker and spend more time with my family, good luck with your games and see you at the tables!

kbuinowski

kbuinowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't play poker when i'm on vacation. There is to much for me to do to worry about poker plus it give me a break from poker so i can get my thoughts back together and be all relax when i get back to online poker.

Chalada12

Chalada12

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well actually i don t play on vacations , vacation is about relaxing and forgetting problems lol , sometimes playing poker causes stress and could get you veerry angry in my opinion you don t want that in your vacation better stay happy and confortable

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
and lately I have not been playing much because of my other work, but I think that even for holidays, on Sundays we always play a little tournament

S

sergo1203

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker just at home. on vacation you need to rest.

juliannorei

juliannorei

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that not only calling for the game, but being well psychologically, because the game requires not only ability more also patience and tranquility in time to play, even if it is online, where you can not read your opponent visually and physically, where change much table, I believe in online for who is starting to become a little more difficult than the face.
:pcguru::fight: