Do you miss KK Preflop in All in triple or more?

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I see a lot of people playing KK or even AA preflop for being afraid of bad beat.

In my opinion you should never drop these two hand preflop.

How do you play?

F

FreeDom1998

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with you, in most cases such hands as AA, KK can not be folded pre-flop, but there are situations when they need to be dropped, for example, when you play an expensive tournament at the final table, and you have a second stack, and ChipLider puts all in, in this case it is better to drop such hands, since not hunting to fly out of the tournament with the second stack.

Rvstam

Rvstam

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on the situation. It depends on the position. It depends on the size of the pot. If I chipleader I never fold.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play pre-flop on KK or AA aggressively so that many players do not play in the hand and then I have a better chance of winning, when many players play and reach the flop, my cards may not play, but there are situations when you have to fold such cards , but most play when I play aggressively!

diadiavalik

diadiavalik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do not forget that AA , KK , QQ and so on this is only a couple !!! do not need to take risks with them !!!

pr0serbian

pr0serbian

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No i will not fold KK preflop in triple all in almost never.Maybe if i had some soul read that somone has A A :D

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
KK

and luck was cast, KK is a premium hand, there is no way to discard it preflop

:elefant:

Gabinho12345

Gabinho12345

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If one player shoves and other reshoves you can still go all in profitably. You should only fold it if you are very deep stacked or players are very tight and you know someone likely has aces.

GeoStampede

GeoStampede

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Normally you'd want to play agressive AF with those hands preflop, yet the flop may make you fold the heck out. But about preflop strategy, I think a 5bb raise may do the trick... Why 5 and not 3? Well 3bb is kind of the normal raise, and with those hands you want to clear out any limper, as your pocket pairs are stronger if they go against one or two other players... A 5bb raise, on the other hand, will put the other players in a difficult position, they'll have to think carefully before paying, and you're not taking a huge risk as you would be taking if you were raising AI...
Obviously this depends on your stack, the moment of the tourney (if it is a touurney, as 5bb in a 1500 stack tourney in early levels would be a 100chips raise and many players would pay to see the flop for only 100c) and who you are facing in the table...

N

Napkins420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with you, in most cases such hands as AA, KK can not be folded pre-flop, but there are situations when they need to be dropped, for example, when you play an expensive tournament at the final table, and you have a second stack, and ChipLider puts all in, in this case it is better to drop such hands, since not hunting to fly out of the tournament with the second stack.
This is horrible advise...

Fold AA or KK PF because a bigger stack put you all in??

Ok buddy...

haiiG

haiiG

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't find a reason why would you want to fold AA or KK pre-flop.... If you're big stack you bet 4x/3bet, mid stack 3bet or all-in, short stack just all-in. I never folding these 2.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
With these pairs AA, KK, pr QQ usually just raise. I do not go all in because I believe they are just pairs!

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends - I don't make a specific move solely based on my preflop hand. If there are 3 all-ins and it comes to me holding AA, its a toss up for me to call or not. Much of this is due to online play and the knowledge that plenty of people will go all in with crap and hit. But normally no I will call

Chito

Chito

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never folded KK pre and don’t plan on it, literally the only thing I can think of is a money bubble where cashing is suuuper important to your roll. Even then I’d say shove but regardless I just don’t believe it’s ever a hand to fold pre. Sometimes you run in to AA, sometimes another hand gets there, that’s the game.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

In this case of FT I disagree, even in this situation you can not drop KK or AA. QQ- okay but the villain has a lot of bluff on his all ins for being the chip leader.
Think about it.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Depends on the situation. It depends on the position. It depends on the size of the pot. If I chipleader I never fold.

You have KK, the chance to find an AA is 0.2%.
So regardless of the situation, pre flop, you should never drop a KK.
Mainly AA.

Now QQ- one might think.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I play pre-flop on KK or AA aggressively so that many players do not play in the hand and then I have a better chance of winning, when many players play and reach the flop, my cards may not play, but there are situations when you have to fold such cards , but most play when I play aggressively!

I agree, Pos-flop you have more situations to analyze. But Pre-flop can not drop in any way.

iriska

iriska

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will never fold KK or AA preflop! do not even try to persuade!

Last edited:
DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If one player shoves and other reshoves you can still go all in profitably. You should only fold it if you are very deep stacked or players are very tight and you know someone likely has aces.

All in all a tight player will put you in the range of his AKs QQ +
So it's impossible for you to drop KK pre-flop just because it's tight

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Normally you'd want to play agressive AF with those hands preflop, yet the flop may make you fold the heck out. But about preflop strategy, I think a 5bb raise may do the trick... Why 5 and not 3? Well 3bb is kind of the normal raise, and with those hands you want to clear out any limper, as your pocket pairs are stronger if they go against one or two other players... A 5bb raise, on the other hand, will put the other players in a difficult position, they'll have to think carefully before paying, and you're not taking a huge risk as you would be taking if you were raising AI...
Obviously this depends on your stack, the moment of the tourney (if it is a touurney, as 5bb in a 1500 stack tourney in early levels would be a 100chips raise and many players would pay to see the flop for only 100c) and who you are facing in the table...

That's a good line of thinking. But it is implied that you are playing with a premium hand. Folding of villains increases significantly.

D

Dani_California

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I strongly disagree. Folding AA and KK preflop is horrible play in my opinion. I would be thrilled if anyone would go all-in preflop when I am holding Aces or Kings. You have to remember that you should always aim for victory, not for just surviving further. If you have the second biggest stack and you double it up against the biggest stack, you will become the chip leader with a huge stack and therefore improve your chances to win the whole tournament. And if you happen to lose to a bad beat, so what? Sometimes it is like that, but at least you know that you made the right play.

I understand your opinion as well but I can't really see why you would willingly miss out the opportunity for huge success. With Aces or Kings you are most likely holding the strongest hand preflop and folding the strongest is always a mistake.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
With these pairs AA, KK, pr QQ usually just raise. I do not go all in because I believe they are just pairs!

Going all in with KK or AA is mathematically lucrative. You receive a call with Ax or Kx is normal.
Just can not do crazy post.
But if you have a chance to go all in pre do not have to think twice

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Depends - I don't make a specific move solely based on my preflop hand. If there are 3 all-ins and it comes to me holding AA, its a toss up for me to call or not. Much of this is due to online play and the knowledge that plenty of people will go all in with crap and hit. But normally no I will call

I'll want to play every hand with you haha friend.

Sorry, but did you watch the hand between Tom Dwan vs. Antonio Estefandiari vs. Negreanu this month?

You should never drop AA or KK in an all in preflop even if the entire table is all in.