Do You Look at Your Folded Hands?

T

Teranu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to limp, and became quite good at predicting when to limp (no raise after me). When you limp and hit the nuts, someone will very likely hit a draw too, and that someone will much likely pay you to see the river. This is not a very smart move in many's opinion but it seems to work quite well in micro STT and MTT that i play in.

S

sonebrate996

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do. Just to be sure again that I didn't have to fold them

P

peterpam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I do, quite often I would have won but I think I would still fold if I had the same hand.

Kruel7y

Kruel7y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always do. usually its regreting after folded

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Why to look again my folded cards?Given the situation I took the right decision back then. And most of the times such ''behaviours'' tilts some players. No need to make scenarios in my head what it would happen if.....! It was a starting hand which I folded and my priority from now on is to play as good as I can the next ones!!! :D

elitenuts

elitenuts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find myself always looking after the flop to see how my hand played out - Probably not a good thing but it has helped me establish a range to play

andreigabor

andreigabor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always look at my folded hands, because I am curious what was to come, and how to play them once ;)

B

BreakTheBeard

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No. If I folded my hand, I did it for a reason. I try not to be results oriented, because that could bog me down. If I folded 85 in early position and 885 hits the flop, I can't be pissed at myself for making the right decision.

Svyat66556

Svyat66556

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I look at my clasped hands? sometimes bad hand fold 7 2, and could collect a full house on the flop, and in such situation I'm a little angry that not played

S

SlavaUa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes i look always when i win and fold, i like to see it and think what i did.

N

Narcizzist

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I look at my clasped hands? sometimes bad hand fold 7 2, and could collect a full house on the flop, and in such situation I'm a little angry that not played

It was still the right decision not to play that hand though, as strange as that seems. It's the percentages that matter after all.

You'll lose the vast majority of the time you play a hand like that obviously so the fold is a good play.

M

matenq

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I often look at my hands. I'm trying to learn something for the future. But I often find myself annoyed. It is hard for me not to be angry.

M

matenq

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I often try to limp. But only if the limp is 0.5% of my stack. And the stacks of the other players is not higher than the three of my stack.

N

nittany182

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Live play you only have the one last "good bye" look. But I still remember them until next hand. It is a bad habit for me because if you make good calls and example toss 2d7s then see 227 on the flop it hurts. After it happens a few times in a row you end up tilt and play garbage hands and loose more. If tilt and sloppy/loose play may become a problem forget them soon as you toss them.

VovanBaron

VovanBaron

RiddlesInTheShadow
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That is wasting your time and energy to think about folded hands!if u decided not to play then dont back to it!it s logically and keep your feelings harder!gl!

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Often think,especially when in front of me go to ollin and my card is not bad,but not in position and then see you would have collected nuts.

WeenieSVK

WeenieSVK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You cant focus on result of every hand you folded. You simply has to consider, if calling (putting more chips to the pot) is ev+ or not, no matter what cards will come on flop. In this case QJo from utg+1 is fold, because most of the times playing QJo is not ev+. In other words, you will lose with this hand in this spot more often, than you will win in long run.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
While I'd fold QJo in EP, I don't understand your fold at all. You limp trying to get a "call train" going. I'm guessing to give yourself implied odds, right?

So, why fold to a min-raise when you're still getting great odds? You're getting at least 7:1 to call there. On top of that, you close the action, so that's even more reason to call since there is no risk of another raise.

So, while I would fold this hand preflop, as played, your fold is bad.

To answer your question, I don't dwell on hands I've folded that hit. It's done with, nothing I can do about it. If I folded, I'm sure I had a good reason to.

T

Teranu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
While I'd fold QJo in EP, I don't understand your fold at all. You limp trying to get a "call train" going. I'm guessing to give yourself implied odds, right?

So, why fold to a min-raise when you're still getting great odds? You're getting at least 7:1 to call there. On top of that, you close the action, so that's even more reason to call since there is no risk of another raise.

So, while I would fold this hand preflop, as played, your fold is bad.

To answer your question, I don't dwell on hands I've folded that hit. It's done with, nothing I can do about it. If I folded, I'm sure I had a good reason to.

Your arguments are on point. I often find myself now calling just because the table has good odds. Stopped thinking about my folded cards most of the times. Still, there are moments when i need to go all-in and i fold instead, just to see i folded before a good flop.

P

parks124

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to do that but I realized that it was contributing significantly to my tilt factor. No one is going to make perfect calls. So I just let it go and stop thinking about it.

SlimHeperpokerstars

SlimHeperpokerstars

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Basically what I am wondering is, whether after you fold your hand you keep looking at it and seeing how it would play out if you didn't fold it.

Do you get all angry thinking "oh come on I would have totally won that if I didn't fold wht the hell!" or do you accept the fact that folding was the right choice in said situation because even though you WOULD have won if you did not fold, your hand was not good enough pre-flop to keep playing.

Does looking at the hands that could have been won affect you in any way? Do you become careless and start going in with even crappy hands?

You are right, this is a big mistake when you regret the discarded hand, and on the table you have a nuts or there would be a strong combination. Especially when you wait a long time for a hand and nothing comes. I think that a good player such situations should not be unsettled. In the end, everything that yours it will come to you and do not need to dust. You need to act in a situation and play in the strategy that you have chosen. Sooner or later it will bring you profit!

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have learned not to worry about the discarded cards always look and dream a little but not angry.because as someone said did not lose then win and you remember that the game will become easier

Sale_MLS

Sale_MLS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here and there...usually when I fold terrible cards and they turn to be perfect after the flop.

aslanvanacha

aslanvanacha

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
accordingly i don't like to look at folded hands, because you would have a better hands than you have it damages your emotional side so play and never never look [emoji102] back☝️☝️☝️

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Folding in Poker