Do You Look at Your Folded Hands?

V

vassiriki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Basically what I am wondering is, whether after you fold your hand you keep looking at it and seeing how it would play out if you didn't fold it.

Do you get all angry thinking "oh come on I would have totally won that if I didn't fold wht the hell!" or do you accept the fact that folding was the right choice in said situation because even though you WOULD have won if you did not fold, your hand was not good enough pre-flop to keep playing.

Does looking at the hands that could have been won affect you in any way? Do you become careless and start going in with even crappy hands?

come on, you shouldn't be thinking like that to look at your folded hands. i mean you shouldn't look for regretting rather you should look for learning from your mistakes. the reason you regret folding those hands is fear and if you play poker with fear, you can't win!

skavenger

skavenger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Basically I think folding is always a good option when you are faced with situations in which you feel bad ... but I think what makes you learn is to discuss the hand with friends or in the forum ... I think that's

EllyWriter

EllyWriter

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I used to always watch my folded hands and the rabbit card. When I stopped, my game improved considerably.

K

kaos4715

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I do have a habit of getting caught up with the hands I folded when my cards hit the board. I try to convince myself that I made the right play but it's tough to sometimes when I see all the chips go the other way.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I am always looking at the folded hands on the hands replayer after I've folded a hand , on the meanwhile , seeing if I could have played it better and how , my mistakes , if I could have bet more , sometimes to keep notes on players .
Looking at the hands that could have been won doesn't affect me if I have played it right , based on poker rules and my abilities .If I see one mistake after the other , hands that I have played like a chicken , folded instead of playing more aggressively and that cost me some winnings , that irritates me a lot and I might (or for sure ) start playing more loose and if this keeps happening , I can go on tilt , playing ''crappy'' like you say hands .

dewittbukator

dewittbukator

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yup

I always seem to look, and it's not a good habit. I will drive myself crazy sometimes. I've folded straights and flushes that could have knocked out two other players, it still haunts my dreams. I guess that's a poker skill I need to practice, not looking at my discarded hands.

B

BAGELBEAR

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually look and sometimes it's like OMG I had the nuts :rolleyes: But I always try to follow advice I was given years ago, playing preflop the right way no matter what the result would be. Sure, sometimes I could kick myself, but oh well :confused:

Debby

trezvennick

trezvennick

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In first 2-3 years of my playing poker I always looking my folded cards and constantly berate ourselves when was my board)))

C

cessam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes i look to my folded hand to see if i haven't miss something

trozolet

trozolet

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never. It's not worth it, because the only thing that could happen it's that you'll get angry (because you would've won it) and lost focus on the table.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't really bother looking, if the cards were not worth playing, they definitely are not worth a second look.

D

djcolomb424

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Basically what I am wondering is, whether after you fold your hand you keep looking at it and seeing how it would play out if you didn't fold it.

Do you get all angry thinking "oh come on I would have totally won that if I didn't fold wht the hell!" or do you accept the fact that folding was the right choice in said situation because even though you WOULD have won if you did not fold, your hand was not good enough pre-flop to keep playing.

Does looking at the hands that could have been won affect you in any way? Do you become careless and start going in with even crappy hands?

fold whole game is passed and no account should not be careful, we just watch the game on the table and take all information that helps you recognize the style of play of others at the table

:icon_sant :icon_sant :icon_sant

GODZZ

GODZZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I look at my folds all the time , it's not a good habit while playing. :)

_xrolex_90

_xrolex_90

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I looked, but very rarely.Because hate to see the nuts on a board with which you could collect a pile of chips.

chisel

chisel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i often look my fold hand, but better don't do it. It sometimes exasperated.

M

max chong

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I there are moments when nepoluchaetsya win with a good card, do not play the next hand and see that he could win and then I just start spending all your bank

K

Knightdyce

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think everyone should look at their cards even after folding not cause to see how it plays, but to see if someone is bluffing things that they cannot have and taking notes on that. Most people that are pulling a bluff won't assume you are picking the information like that. So you should always know even your folded hands to improve your gameplay in other hands.

A

avderevo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to get very upset when you dropped a hand on type 4-5 and collected a full house on the flop. But now I don't pay attention to it, as to go with those hands on the course will bring in a big minus

A

Aleksandra Lipovich

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, it very offensively when I dropped my cards and this cards on the flop. And I think why I don't play this cards

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
while im in a session i like to see whats happened especislly if i make a tight laydown.

i wont generally look at the hands i folded if i had nothing to do with it... i can see an advantage of doing so especially if a reg is in the hand and could make notes

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
sometimes it is a matter of intuition oh least that happens to me

M

mikey481968

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes but you folded that hand for a reason and never 2nd guess yourself you dont know whats coming out on the floop

T

Teranu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How Often Do You Think About Your Folded Cards

To give you an example i was a little below average stack size in middle phase of an MTT, and got JQo, middle position. Tried a limp after UTG1 limped too (i sometimes like to limp and provoke a calling train or what do you call it). Of course, the button reraises with 2 BB (nothing much, i had about 40BB); 2 people call, i fold.
The flop shows 2-J-Q. Everyone checks, the button bets 1/2 pot, everyone calls. The turn shows another Q. Everyone checks, the button shoves, 1 call and 1 fold. River is 6.

I had JQo, the table was 2-Q-J-Q-6, with 2 people all-in. At the price of 2 more BB, i folded this hand; which hand would have quadrupled my stack. I would have called preflop if i had JQs.

I know it happens to a lot of you. I tend to dwell to much after this kind of hands, how do you get over it? Does it even bother you?

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First in this instance, I would not have limped along. I would have folded or made a 3x raise because of the limper. You might have folded out some of the junk that called. I do not think you should be trying to play a pot with 5-6 callers IMO.

As for the main question, I try to make what I feel is the best decision at the time and for each street. So the answer is when I fold that's the end for me. I rarely dwell on what could have been. I mean I am not blind so when I fold a hand and see a good flop, sure I notice it but I feel as though I made my decision and that is it. After the session when I review my hands, I may re-evaluate why I folded and might decide to play the hand differently next time. Anyway that is my take on your question. Good Luck at the tables unless I am on the same table.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Folding in Poker