Poker players in college?

Sabrina Mix

Sabrina Mix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a game that can be learned by anyone, at any stage of life. However, a common fact among the best players in the world is that they learn or play poker while in college or university. These are the years of training, finally, when young people leave home to attend college, when they are detected and defined for a career they follow, establish their longest friendships, exhibit the occasional events and experience other moments of life change .

S

sn0112

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a game that can be learned by anyone, at any stage of life. However, a common fact among the best players in the world is that they learn or play poker while in college or university. These are the years of training, finally, when young people leave home to attend college, when they are detected and defined for a career they follow, establish their longest friendships, exhibit the occasional events and experience other moments of life change .

Hi there,

To answer your question, I don't know of any specific colleges that are breeding grounds for the world's top poker players.

You are right that a lot of the best players learn the game around college/university time, or at least early in their working lives before deciding to go pro.

There are many factors that contribute to success but a common one that many of the players mention is the ability to discuss ideas and research the game as part of a group. The German group of friends including Fedor Holz, Bencb and others produced many top pros. Similarly, Apestyles, Stephen Chidwick came from one study group. There are countless other examples.

Poker seems a simple game but the decision tree is enormous so having access to many minds certainly helps.

It's probably the case that being a college age without many commitments means they have more free time to devote to poker. This is also an age where people will take risks with bankroll etc. knowing that they have the ability to recover.

A fox 666

A fox 666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is very easy to learn to play poker, to progress in it is a problem! It seems to me that hard work and hard work alone is not enough - you need talent. Without talent and a certain amount of luck, climbing the poker Olympus is an impossible task!

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I started playing poker at about 34-35 years old. I think that the professionalism of a player primarily depends on his patience and discipline. And age in fact does not matter much.
Good luck.

T

Tom777

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Hi, it would be really cool to study on StudyStream, I think it's my dream right now, but for now, during the pandemic, I'm studying in zoom with my English teacher, I'm also using BestEssay's help service. And in general, StudyStream is a cool topic, I'm already thinking of joining the community to be able to communicate with my circle of friends. I think in the future training will be conducted online

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my case I learned to play poker before college and when I was in college I had to stop play online poker for a couple of years because it was demanding time that I didn't had and I needed to dedicate time to study.