Do you keep track of your daily profit/loss?

Yanko57

Yanko57

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My brother made an Excel document that I use since I play online poker. I keep track of every day winnings and losses on each site I play.

I read somewhere that it's better to forget the last hand we just play, but in the othe hand, memory is so selective that I want to know if:

1) I'm a winning player
2) In what variant I made the most profit
3) What online site is better for me

Are you doing the same?

For the benefit of the community, I can send a blank copy if interested. Pretty simple.

Also, I made an Excel document tracking my monthly profits/loss too...

muse713

muse713

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not 100% certain, but I'm pretty sure any of those poker tracking software does that. It's also available on the site I play.

Delenia

Delenia

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I do not keep a spreadsheet. As long as my account balance is going up and I don't have to add more money to the account, that's enough information for me. I just play for fun, but if I were trying to make a living of it, I would definitely want the extra information.

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if u are playing to make money you should be tracking everything possible. the site you play on,the players you play, keep detailed notes on players. If you are in it for the money than information is power.

jmateuspoker

jmateuspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
control profit/loss

I try to keep track every day that game is hard every day to be profitable but if we are serious we learn and evolve with the days we stayed in our sessions by negative of grinder

:jd4:mateuspoker

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I keep track of all my CC tourneys on an Excel sheet - 846 tourneys so far this year! I have recently started a partypoker document for freerolls as well, since I play them almost daily.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, I do do not look through the tables, I just play and look at my results that I get from the game, if I play and win and make a profit, then this is good, but when I lose it is bad for me and I try somewhere to play to raise a bankroll!

Anton Fedorov

Anton Fedorov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HM to help you, for me it is the best tracker for such purposes

Yanko57

Yanko57

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not 100% certain, but I'm pretty sure any of those poker tracking software does that. It's also available on the site I play.

I have Hold'Em Manager 2 and it does track certain things. However, it does track cash games OR tournaments. Not both in the same window. You'd have to do some calculations yourself if you want a result for your day.

Yanko57

Yanko57

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
HM to help you, for me it is the best tracker for such purposes

HM doesn't calculate Omaha results. HM doesn't calculate your profits on many sites at a time.

And I started this thread mostly for those who aren't willing to pay only to have a daily feedback of their poker journey. If poker was recreationnal for me, I wouldn't want to pay for a software that would cost more than I would ever win.

That said, if you are playing only Hold'Em, one variant, on one site. HM fits perfectly, I agree.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Use to keep a balance when I finished a session in a text file. Switched to excel with a running total. Better shows the highs and lows.

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, I did the same. I made an Excel spreadsheet, I put the entry of the tournament, the number of players, my position, profit / loss and then in another box that is adding / subtracting from my total bank. Also, in another locker I was playing the tournament, and if I lost, I would write down my lost hand and if I had played my hand well or badly. The truth is that this helped me a lot to improve my game, to see what type of tournament was more profitable and to be able to decide on the next tournaments. regards

A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My brother made an Excel document that I use since I play online poker. I keep track of every day winnings and losses on each site I play.

I read somewhere that it's better to forget the last hand we just play, but in the othe hand, memory is so selective that I want to know if:

1) I'm a winning player

Are you doing the same?

For the benefit of the community, I can send a blank copy if interested. Pretty simple.

I track my balance on an Excel spreadsheet for every site I play. It is a daily Balance. IO have a tab for each site

Ovuvuevuevue

Ovuvuevuevue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a Google Sheets open with the date, descriptions, hours, limit, buy-in, cash-out, profit/loss, $/h and current bankroll. Some formulas here and there and bam, a detailed chart with everything I need to know how to be the most profitable I can be. I think it's essential because you need to know where you're making money and where you're losing it.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also use document in google docs where i note every game in which i win or loose money (online or live) with some details about the game. It is very convenient to use such document because you can update it from your pc, phone or wherever you have internet access.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

1) I'm a winning player

Are you doing the same?

I used poker income for years and stwitched over to Poker bankroll tracker 2 years ago. The Apps are super easy to use and have tons of great information.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Oh yeah I do it too , I play on 4 different sites and I keep track of my bankroll at the end of the day and I have on the side a monthly graph. I like that stuff :D

It will be very beneficial for you to see what you are doing in general. :)

G

Gr34tWh1t3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No I don't , as I only play for fun (micro-est stakes ) and freerolls but when I used to play more serious I used to keep track to with my credit card that used to show terrible all the time :) :)

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to but it had a negative effect on my play and decision making, so I stopped.

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Absolutely! But make it as easy for yourself. Excel has some great solvers built-in and if you can program in VB then build an excel macro to your specs. As every soldier should want to be a general every poker player should want to play the biggest games perfectly. Again, this is crutch and use it only as long as it is useful. Everyone has a certain style of playing and everyone can be profiled. Use common blocks of tells as variables associated with the mathematics of the game within your macro to pinpoint what that person is holding...as an example. If you have a way of replaying games, have your macro solver calculate what card range each person is holding based on your parameters and compare what actually happened by stepping through entire games. You can correlate your EV according to what you learn. I'm still at the bottom of the learning curve and expect to be there for a while but tools like this help qualitatively and quantitatively.

Last edited:
R

Ricardo_lhp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think your action is very good. I think most of the help software also helps with numbers to know where we are gaining and how we are losing, but this manual form is very good to keep up with your evolution as well.

D

DjDen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! Yes, a good idea, I somehow did not think about it before, I also want to try, send me an empty copy, if it doesn’t make it difficult for the post office: denis.smit1@mail.ru
thanks!

RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use Hold'em Manager 2. I will probably make an excel spread sheet whenever I start playing live.