Do you guys concede hands you don't want to play?

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Suppose you are blind into a 72 offsuit. Diamond and clubs

Flop comes 10,J,Q spades. And you have no interest in this hand even if the turn is a 7 or 2.

Do you guys go into the routine and pretend to think the hand out?

Or

Do you just instant check and save everyone some time. It is almost like saying here, take the pot.

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here take the pot! Pick your battles wisely! Even if u catch on turn what 4th pair? You have to fold to any bet. What's the point?

Last edited:
greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
taking into account your hypothesis of that particular hand I usually put chek / fold before it is my turn, it is not to save time for others it is to save my time

Y

YKCaiTLH1314

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
'Take the pot'. Not gonna spend even 1 BB into 4th or 5th street.
What's the point of going into a hand with the weakest strength for a small pot?
Check fold and wait for better opportunity.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just press option check fold ,and be patient that better cards will come

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have odds, no reason not to play a hand to win. Had some pretty funky hole cards that paid off. If it is a tight table, you can buy a pot now and then.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Do you guys go into the routine and pretend to think the hand out?

Or

Do you just instant check and save everyone some time. It is almost like saying here, take the pot."

In my opinion, trying to interpret how quickly your opponent takes to react as a sign of hand strength is not a good idea, unless it's a particular player you've been observing for a long time and clearly noticed such correlation.​

R

rmcmullen2003

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I loose some of the biggest pots in the BB with hands like that. If i get limped to and check and see flop. Say I have 7-2 and flop comes out Q-7-7, that makes it hard not to play that hand and I will end up loosing to villain who has Q-Q or A-7. So yes if I was playing on BOL I would probably fold/concede 7-2 but ACR dose not have the option to fold when you can check not that I am aware of anyway.

tehb1987

tehb1987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not understood the crux of the issue. If I don't want to play a hand, I won't. Why are we wasting time?

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
It depends on the position at the table. But usually, if I am not sure of the strength of my hand, I prefer to fold.

Pokerguy6666

Pokerguy6666

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeh, same here, fold.

Edgerik

Edgerik

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think check/fold is the best option.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes I take great care to choose my hands of depard and do not hesitate to fold when necessary. I always take my time before making a move even when I know that I will folder to not give too much information to my opponents.

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
By definition, 7.2 against this background looks like 15.3%. In reality, these cards fold to a fold of 95% before the flop. If you are the chip leader at the table, then the RNG gives miracles and your 7.2 will be like a monster high, interrupting any top pair.)):motz::icon_stud:eek::D

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Check or fold best option and be patient that better cards will come.

J

James24543

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Flop comes 10,J,Q spades. And you have no interest in this hand even if the turn is a 7 or 2.

Or

Do you just instant check and save everyone some time. It is almost like saying here, take the pot.

I would concede hands that have low probability of winning.

BUSB0Y

BUSB0Y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Or

lol awesome question; I balance my folding range, sometimes I tank in this spot, especially if I have called a raise preflop, just so they don't think I'm playing absolute trash, which I sometimes am. very LOL you got me.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is the point of spending time if you have nothing and you still need to throw the card away. I do not understand the players who are constantly dragging time. Having seen enough of the game for professionals and now they are being copied. As if it was their image that would raise them.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is the point of spending time if you have nothing and you still need to throw the card away. I do not understand the players who are constantly dragging time. Having seen enough of the game for professionals and now they are being copied. As if it was their image that would raise them.
There is always at least one reason.

BUSB0Y

BUSB0Y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

everything you do conveys information; the less information your opponent has the better; obviously, the quicker you fold, the worse your hand; if you don't care that much then u just muck your hand quick. If you actually care about disguising the strength of your hand, you can drag it out.

the most important part of your response is "I do not understand"

the cure for this is to listen more and talk less.

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, it is easy to fold if someone raises. But is it worth tanking and pretending to hope your opponent is also scared. If no one raises and you improve on turn or river, you end up with showdown value.

Of course, if the opponent has something of value and they bet you will have to fold. But on the off chance that they are scared maybe went in with 22s or 56s but not spades and missed everything by a mile. Then putting on a show can get you to showdown and earn 1 BB.

P

pohewa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Or

I might try to represent something if I'm against a very tight player.

M

mollymaggie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Or

If I get a 7-2 it better be in a blind for me to play it. I'll never intentionally muck a hand because as long as the ck's keep coming I'm in the hand costs me nothing to watch the cards unfold who knows the turn or river may reward me

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands