Do you feel sorry for other players?

Sale_MLS

Sale_MLS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like when someone at your table is short stack and goes all in with AA, KK...and someone with a lot of chips calls it with 3 and 9 or something like that, and wins a hand...I often think how angry I would be.

rj_montana

rj_montana

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, this is the natural result of pushing with >3bb.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Part of the game. It happens to everyone. Wouldn't want someone feeling bad about knocking me out, goes both ways.

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I don't feel bad for players that are knocked out in general as it's part of the game... other than that, I usually pay attention to the players that call lighter in this situations and avoid stealing blinds from them as it proves they like to gamble even with hands with really low equity(of course I'll try to get max value with any premium hand and I won't feel bad if I lose it as in the end, if you make good decisions on the long run against this kind of players you'll make profit).

V

Vlad Nesterenko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you need to understand that this is poker and not always the highest hand wins against the youngest, you just need to put up with it and take it as part of the game, for granted. Good luck at the tables!

Sale_MLS

Sale_MLS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course it's all part of the game, u win some, u loose some. I'm not saying that u should cry for someone's bad luck.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi mate.No I don´t because that happens to all of us every day..I feel sorry when I take a bad decision and lose some money..

A fox 666

A fox 666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In poker, as in war, there is no pity, only victory at all costs! I do not feel sorry for the opponent with a pair of aces, which my small pocket pairs move. This is just a game, today you, tomorrow you!

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to but not anymore. It's a game. You win and you lose. Just have to say nice hand and move on to the next.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Like when someone at your table is short stack and goes all in with AA, KK...and someone with a lot of chips calls it with 3 and 9 or something like that, and wins a hand...I often think how angry I would be.

I definitely do not feel sorry should i knock you out someday :bebored:

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you believe Harrington in poker, very often situations arise when nothing depends on you and you are forced to call with almost any two cards. There are many winning hands and this is not always the hand of the preflop leader. There is nothing special in the example you cited. A player with a short stack and a good hand wants to double and goes all-in. A player with a large stack, without the risk of leaving the table, calls easily. Perhaps today is his day, and that is why he has a large stack. :icon_sant

B

BasTid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do feel bad if I get outplayed and the deck saves me. I think its important to recognize this and know if it was the opposite way around you'd feel like crap. Its a small consolation but I find it better then just a kick in the teeth.

However there is no better feeling than when you finally get the hand to bury a maniac and their luck finally runs out or they lose their final flip again you. Yes I am saying hard luck but the smile on my face says I don't mean it!

B

BDR-83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I myself was in such situations and lost with strong cards many times very unpleasant especially when prize-winning places 36 and you finish in 37 place.

igroksash

igroksash

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is a game, there’s nothing to be done, they didn’t make their choice, why should I spare them:evil:

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Feeling sorry

I really don't feel sorry for the won that lost with the higher hand as much as I would feel ticked off at the high stack betting with nothing just because they have a mountain of chips. If it is a tourney that pays by the place Ok I get it but when say only 40 places get a ticket to the next round it makes no sense to me way someone who is for sure in would push a hand just because they have a large stack. I try to takes notes on such players and would love to return the favor of knocking them out when they are on the bubble as a reminder that what goes around will come around. Just my thoughts.

Good Luck all :D

777jeton777

777jeton777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing for several years. and I want to answer your question like this. If you are an emotional person, then you should not hope for success in poker.

C

CallEmCassidy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
knowing that no one would feel sorry for me.. hell no.

tehb1987

tehb1987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Emotions are a bad companion. It is not possible to win at a distance going on about emotions. Patience and concentration are the keys to success.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont, it happens and everybody is affected

M

Moreplease1969

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not at all. Thw more people out of the game the better for me!! 👺

moulan7

moulan7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi there,

hmmmm interesting, lately I was thinking about something identical and related to feel sorry (feel sad is more appropriate) about people but not because they bust out (that's part of the game).

I feel sad about what I observe on how people play. It may sounds a bit silly to some of you, but let me explain.
This is a game and you can win some money too. It involves strategy and luck.
Either it is a micro limit or freeroll it is still the same game.
I see people doing wrong stuff and chasing luck all the time. Many people not just a few.
Since they are in the game, either micro or freeroll, they are here to have fun, enjoy their time, win some money or whatever.
When they do crazy stuffs on the tables I don't see how they are enjoying their time or support their way to the win.
I 'll give an example. Someone calls a raise with 10s2d. (full stacks). Flop Q85 rainbow. Someone goes all in. He calls xD.
Yeah it's crazy. We can argue that stuff like this will never happen in a ''serious'' tourney or that these happen only on micros and freerolls because people don't want to waste time or whatever.
But it does not make sense to me. They are here and they do stuff like this.
The sad thing that I was thinking lately and I would like to share is that, this reflects to my eyes that people behave like this not just in poker but also in life.
Acting without reasoning, chasing some cents or whatever, not having fun, not enjoying their time, not searching for quality.
I really feel sorry about that.

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The player who lost will only be angry only a very small percentage of the time, that is the very few times that he will lose in this situation. The rest of the time, he'll think that it's Christmas if he wins.

Sale_MLS

Sale_MLS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing for several years. and I want to answer your question like this. If you are an emotional person, then you should not hope for success in poker.

No, man, I'm talking about 2-seconds-lasting feeling. When this happens at my table and I'm like "awwww pity" for 2 seconds and I forget about it. I don't need tissues when someone losts.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I do for a moment, and I think that's enough. They have the same chance like me when the party started so I just concentrate on myself, and have kind words for the others if I feel that it needed or I want to.

A

amniasti

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi

hello i will say just no why sorry we are all playing game will win who is best and lucky player:p:p