Do you feel a little embarrassed getting caught bluffing?

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always feel a little embarrassed when I get caught bluffing. And it is weird since bluffing is part of the corner stone of poker.

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Its good to be caught sometime. It will change your table image to players you play all the time. Keep up the good work and never stop bluffing its one of the fun things about poker!!!

bra01

bra01

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t feel embarrassed like you, but sometimes it causes mood swing

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

No, it is a game strategy. It can go right or wrong. You have to know how to choose the right moment and not lose a lot of money ahah. Used in a good way, it is very useful to increase our pot.

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

P

PrinceJigger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nah, I don't get embarrassed. Sometimes I go ahead and bluff on the very next hand. :D

Getting caught bluffing can also be beneficial because opponents might start calling you with weaker hands.

L

lucero53

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
verguenza

shame not because it is one more poker strategy que te airapen por que cuando tengas no te van a creer

C

celtics33

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you dont get caught, that means you are not bluffing enough. its an essential part of the game when included in right doses.

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Embarrassed? Not at all. I might be disappointed about not taking down the pot. If I'm bluffing it's in an attempt to win the pot and obviously, that would be the preferred outcome. But getting caught bluffing doesn't bother me in the least. I'm going to find a way to turn it to my advantage. The next time I "have it", I will try to play the hand the same way I did when I got caught bluffing in the hopes that I will look like I'm bluffing again.

So if my bluff works and I take down the pot, fine. If it fails and I get caught, then I will turn it to my advantage. Quite frankly, if you're not perceived as being capable of a bluff, then you will never get a call and the only way to get value out of your hand is to check and count on your opponent to do your betting for you, which is not something you should count on.

A

abpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yep, sometimes. But it's usually based on my play. If I feel it was a bad play, that's when I tend to feel some embarrassment. But if I feel it was a good play, not so much. Either way, I'm not too happy about it usually, but I at least try to turn my focus to asking myself what did that do to my image. And more specifically, what did it do to my image among each individual opponent.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No embarassment, it was my decision.

If you're afraid of getting caught, don't bluff. It is one thing to bluff when you are chipped up, no risk to the stack. It's another to bluff your entire stack. You can't be embarrassed, it was your free choice to make the bluff.
In the same way, having a three flush on the flop, shoving, and flush doesn't hit, not embarrassing, just another occasion when the cards didn't get home at the time.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I always feel a little embarrassed when I get caught bluffing. And it is weird since bluffing is part of the corner stone of poker.

Never!
There are some spots where it's crucial to bluff. So if you don't get caught... I feel you're not bluffing often enough.

Drumsound

Drumsound

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Embarrassed? Not at all. I might be disappointed about not taking down the pot. If I'm bluffing it's in an attempt to win the pot and obviously, that would be the preferred outcome. But getting caught bluffing doesn't bother me in the least. I'm going to find a way to turn it to my advantage. The next time I "have it", I will try to play the hand the same way I did when I got caught bluffing in the hopes that I will look like I'm bluffing again.

So if my bluff works and I take down the pot, fine. If it fails and I get caught, then I will turn it to my advantage. Quite frankly, if you're not perceived as being capable of a bluff, then you will never get a call and the only way to get value out of your hand is to check and count on your opponent to do your betting for you, which is not something you should count on.
Agreed.

I try to bluff situationally. Sometimes I'm trying to represent something that makes sense on the board, only to be called by the person who actually has the hand I'm trying o represent. I usually chuckle when that happens.

I also have a kind of tight image. Most people I play with regularly think I only open with pairs, and only C-bet when the pair is bigger than the biggest card on the flop. So getting caught shows them I do, in fact bluff.

In the same vain as IntenseHeat, if I make a certain play with a strong hand and get called, the next time I have a strong hand I try to play it differently. Last week in out league game I had a really strong hand against a station. I bet out small on the river and he called (and lost). Later in a hand with him, when I was strong, I bet much bigger on the river. I wanted him to call thinking I was stealing. He called that one with bottom pair.

5KINGLEO5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always feel a little annoyed, but it's good to do it. Then you will be paid by strong hands, thinking that you are bluffing.

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, but it feels so much better to get away with a bluff.. If you want to win at poker, you need to bluff, a lot.. And you're gonna get caught often. Just don't lose too much when that does happen and maximize your good hands.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I rarely bluff. Usually my bluff only brings me losses, so I try to be careful. I believe that effective bluffing requires experience and good skills.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Embarrassed no but i try to rethink what i did wrong so that my bluff was caught.

alexand8r

alexand8r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh yeah! I try to show a tight game to convince rivals that I do not continue with bad cards. So they believe in my bluffs if sometimes I try to take a position. After unsuccessful bluffs, it becomes more difficult to make them think that I have good cards :D

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
not at all because it is an integral part of poker because those who do not know how to bluff miss a lot the opportunity to go far in poker, but it should not be abused

Y

yanslad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, never! It's the game.. and honestly is a good way to steal the blinds. You should never feel embarrassed because you were caught, but always be careful after that.. cuz if you are in a table with good players they will definitely figure you out realizing your range is wide and take advantage of that

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
maybe my mood will change but that is not embarrassment at all

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never, it’s good to be caught sometimes, because you can have lots of benefits from that. People will call you easier with weaker hands, and also a part of game and it’s inevitable to be caught sometimes.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluff is an important part of my style of play, and I often show my bluff after I win in order to get more profitable calls in the future.

I am often caught in the bluff, and I especially do not already feel, if you've never caught bluffing, then you are rarely bluffing:)

olewerkrd

olewerkrd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on the tournament, if there is no freeroll, and if the tournament is from $ 10 then yes

B

bloody3d

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freeroll Club Password Access

Always i feel embarressed with bluff specially when i havent more cheap for buy .