Do you consider yourself a good poker player?

Pokericon08

Pokericon08

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing poker most of my life. I started young playing mostly 5 and 7 card draw for pocket change with my friends and family. We didn't really have a poker night, just kinda threw games together spuratticly. I had not yet been introduced to hold em, and wasn't too serious about the game, just loved playing.

I began to notice something as the years passed by, I always seemed to walk away from the games with pockets full of change I didn't start with, and undoubtedly outplayed my peers. Still I didn't put much thought into it and continued to play only occasionally for nickels and dimes. Eventually pretty much forgetting the game and went years without playing.

In 2007 I was introduced to pokerstars by my older brother. I had never played Texas Hold'em or even heard of it. I immediately liked how the hands were played however, and after my brother explained the rules and fundamentals of hold'em I started playing in freerolls and learning more about the game. In no time I was stacking chips and becoming a better player than my brother.

Soon enough I was winning tournaments and gaining confidence. One day I decided to make a minimum deposit and try to play in a good paying tournament. I tried my luck in a 4 dollar sit n go. I ended up taking 3rd place and winning I think like 15 dollars.

After my success in the 4 dollar tournament, I decided to up my wager to the 11 dollar sit n go tournament, which had I believe around 270 players. I started out early with some good hands, and cruised to the final 18 where I went into a drought. The blinds and an unsuccessful bluff attempt were pushing me out the door as we got down to 14 players. I was dealt J 10 suited in good position, had a good feeling about my cards, so I pushed. I was called by 3 other players at the table and watched as the flop dropped 2 more cards of my suit, including the ace. Two of the players who called my all in had bigger stacks than me so I watched as they battled the flop. The turn card was dealt a random useless face and no action went down between the other players. Then came the river and I felt a surge of excitement as my flush came and it was the King, meaning the only hand that could beat me was if one of the other players had the Queen suited in the hole. They didn't, and the huge pot moved me into 3rd place. I rode the momentum all the way to the final table, where I had a great run of lucky cards and won the tournament and the 730 first prize.

In 2008 I won that same $11 tournament 8 times, and placed 2nd, 3rd, or at least top 9 many times. Including a day where I took 1rst, then 2nd, then another 1rst in consecutive tournaments. I had a lot of success on Pokerstars.

So I think I'm a pretty good poker player. I mostly just play at ACR these days "Pokericon17". I don't make deposits, just go on freerolls. I've won first several times in the $10 on demands, and a lot of final tables. Hope to play with you all and look forward to hearing about your poker experience.:fight: :jd4:

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I consider myself a beginner.
I started playing poker half a year ago.
I have very little experience, but despite this, I had some good victories on freerolls. In particular, I recently won second place in the freeroll from our community. This is a good result for me.

Dmytro Lysyuk

Dmytro Lysyuk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi! I am not sure that I am a good player. But I am constantly practicing, studying new material and mastering, thus, improving my game. And I'm confident that through these efforts I will be able to become a good poker player or a professional player.

G

Gr34tWh1t3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I am quiet bad actually , I keep seeing people saying these days that they study every day ( streamers at least ) and now people on this forum to ,
so what are you guys study and were you find your materials , are there any open sources? as the links I see from the streamers are expensive they all a few hundred dollars I dont have that money available .
If any of you have some free sources or at least cheaper courses/materials I'd be grateful.

S

SuckMyTilt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I am quiet bad actually , I keep seeing people saying these days that they study every day ( streamers at least ) and now people on this forum to ,
so what are you guys study and were you find your materials , are there any open sources? as the links I see from the streamers are expensive they all a few hundred dollars I dont have that money available .
If any of you have some free sources or at least cheaper courses/materials I'd be grateful.
+1 to the study materials

Erzsicica

Erzsicica

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am a beginner and make sometimes very stupid mistake :D

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
I still have a lot of leaks

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm better than I've ever been (relative estimate).
In abolute terms: newby; freeroll player (otherwise losing).

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think so, but it's always good to check ROI from time to time to make sure :D

Joshua_Kane

Joshua_Kane

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I’m positive for cash and tournaments over the last three years so I think I’m doing alright. Would still like to be better though!

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Today I lost hand AA against AK and finished 19th in $ 100 freeroll.Was it a bad decision all in?

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I play already several years poker. I would say I have some experience, but I would never say, that I am such a great player, altough I am not playing in a minus so far.
But I think, there is still enough to learn about poker and therefore it is keeping me on track, because I like to challenge my mind..

H

have

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sport

it's an always learning sport. I need reminders now and then.
:D

C

crisco609

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No - I've been playing for years but I still have things to learn and bad habits to break. I'm mostly a MTT player and remind myself of this every now-n-then. There have been recent occasions where I have a really strong run, placing in like 10 for 10 micro tourneys (only one or two 1st place finishes, but in the bubble for all 10). I always make the mistake of jumping up multiple levels and play with stakes way over what my bankroll would properly allow. That's just an example of one bad habit - I need to learn to play stakes and climb in a reasonable manner.

So am I a good poker player? No. But I do realize that I still have a lot to learn and recognize some current faults instead of denying... So I like to think that I do still have hope of one day making this a method of stable secondary income - that's the dream anyways.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am better than average but my game needs improvement. I am very capable of min cashing many tournaments but my late stage game needs to be better. I seem to tighten up or blind down in the late stages. I need to be more aggressive and I’m studying better players in order to improve. Poker is always evolving so we can learn something new every time we play.

D

duson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not right now but I'd say that I'm improving. Having just come back to poker after not playing for 10+ years I've been able to slowly build a bank roll and explore multiple networks so I'm learning as I can.

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a good poker player on certain days. I'm not what you would consider a winning player meaning win more money than I'm losing. My patience is not as good as it used to be. Over all I still enjoy playing. Wish I could figure out how to get ahead though.

G

Guaraparty

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not consider myself a poker expert, I still have a lot to learn ... I'm in the process of studying :D

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am sure i am a mediocre player with lots of lucky and unlucky spots towards my sessions so.. no, not even close [emoji23]

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I'm a good poker player.):cool:

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not consider myself a super good player, but for myself I think that I am a normal player who sometimes wins in tournaments, if I have a good game, then I can get to the top places and make a profit in tournaments or in -cash- games to win, but I you need to gain more experience in order to be able to play perfectly and win in good expensive tournaments!