Do You Consider Poker a Sport?

midgetfactory

midgetfactory

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont class it as a sport, sport is something you use energy playing, poker is a pastime in my opinion

hique0411

hique0411

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is such a good sport that should be an olympic sport! With money awards and medals!

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Live poker requires driving skills !

J

jimmylytle2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Put it right up there with backgammon and chess. I consider poker a game. I suppose a video gamer trying to convince others that playing the xbox a sport is s dimilsr discussion.

J

jcdagenius

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
typos happen........obv........I think poker is a sport....depends on how you look at it

H

HotDarren

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think anything that has to be classified in "sport" is in the eye of the beholder! :D

R

rhombus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As usual, opinions are divided)
My opinion is that if there is no physical activity that is not a sport
What about archery, dart, pool, snooker not exactly physical activity

G

Gonzaloas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here the true about why poker is really a top demanding Sport. I went 3 months ago seeing my doctor and he says to me that I need to exercise more, so I began to play more hours of online poker everyday since.

It was very demanding at a physical level, struggling with so much pain in the back, joints and tendons in the hands, in the first weeks, very difficult and hard to don´t give up. But I survive and now I start to get in shape and can play even more hours and grind more and more and feeling everyday much more healthy in all kind of way$!

Is really a good sport poker... no doubt :boxing:

hakalas

hakalas

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think, the poker is lifestyle, not sport.. :)

N

nicusor93

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sport=effort fizic. Poker=math, concetration

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just today, because I was running late, I had to speed walk the whole parking lot to get to a tourney......

necessary

And is fishing a sport?

G

Gonzaloas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yep, and the exercise you have to make to in 5 min. tournment break go to the bathroom, pick up food and drinks and seat again at the tables!!! Really hard sport!!!

Enzo1089

Enzo1089

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And is fishing a sport?

Not to derail the thread, but I see fishing as a sport, yes. Fishing actually can involve quite a bit of physical exertion, and the wrong technique with the fishing rod can make you lose the fish. Believe me, I've been out fishing for shark and I've caught a near 150 pounder. Took me about an hour to get him to the boat. Believe me when I say that by the time I landed him, I was EXHAUSTED.

Michael Paler

Michael Paler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not to derail the thread, but I see fishing as a sport, yes. Fishing actually can involve quite a bit of physical exertion, and the wrong technique with the fishing rod can make you lose the fish. Believe me, I've been out fishing for shark and I've caught a near 150 pounder. Took me about an hour to get him to the boat. Believe me when I say that by the time I landed him, I was EXHAUSTED.

No, I agree. Sport fishing. Makes sense. They are not all little guys. And even some of those require physical exertion.

H

hypknautiqah

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hell haveing a job is a sport. something your dedicating your day too, stretching, eating high octane energy bars and gaterade, not to mention your body so worn out at a table you can get a massage. pokers a sport

I

I2jr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Without doubts it is not a sport, it is a game of another characteristic, that it does not enter like a sport

demibar

demibar

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
a sport ...??ok we love poker but it's a game

jingler

jingler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mike Sexton said: Of course, in terms of mental stress, do not think that any sport can compete here.

fantata666

fantata666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
that sport is sport but also is a great fun: D

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is not worse than chess or backgammon, for example. Of course it's a sport.