Do you consider online poker a video game?

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Recently quit video games and have noticed just play online poker to fill the void...Does anyone poker feel like a video game to you? My answer yes, view it as more addictive than a video game because there is $$$ involve. Thoughts?

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
is similar, but I think video game can be more addictive and can entertain for more hours, the variety of games to play is big. video game also is more casual, I think is more enjoyable and less stressful than poker.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
In video game you pretty much can start again if you die - in poker tournament not so much if you eliminate yourself and there's no rebuy option. So no :)

Sokolik

Sokolik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I see the movement of cards on my computer monitor it means that online poker is a video game. But as one of the respondents pointed out, you can't start the game again in poker, unlike an ordinary shooting game or race.

A

AAndi72

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Recently quit video games and have noticed just play online poker to fill the void...Does anyone poker feel like a video game to you? My answer yes, view it as more addictive than a video game because there is $$$ involve. Thoughts?

There are similarities I think. Poker can be very strategic, can compare this to strategy games.
Both can be addictive :) try to avoid to play too much and do not tilt ;)

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me there are certainly similarities and i consider online poker to be kind of video game. It has graphics, it is competitive and it is entertaining. The graphics is component which many players do not care about but i really like good graphics in poker client. Maybe it is because in the past i really liked to play video games. :)

xmuggpokerx

xmuggpokerx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a sense yes I do. It’s got a lot of the same in it. It’s simply a video game for money. Like game battles. And they make it illegal?

T

thuliomano

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes, but it leaves you without money faster

H

HungryLyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online poker and video games are both addictive but the only difference is one is always fun whilst the other is always fun and emotional with frustration creeping in when losing money.

Top 10 Games