Do u think Clicking speed is a help for online poker?

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you think click speed is a help for online poker?

ESP, muti- tabling, ESP multi- tasking?

ESP playing hyper turbo or zoom games?

thanks for your thoughts.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For normal players i do not see it relevant. Poker is not shooter or RPG game where everything depends on your speed and even milliseconds can make the difference. If you are some kind of wizard who plays for example several tables with spin and go or other hyper turbo format it may make some difference.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think that luck does not pay attention to the speed of pressing.

5KINGLEO5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it all depends on our skill or luck and not on the speed at which a key is pressed.

Raccoony

Raccoony

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you play more than 4 tables at once,either in tournaments or cash tables,then you would have to act faster.But,it's harder to concentrate when you play at many tables and by acting,clicking faster you can easily make mistakes.

Szyilard

Szyilard

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!

Of course! If this is your job as a poker player and you make a living from it then you need to use keyboard shortcuts. Essential for multiple tables. I think after 15 tables you need to use it. if not then one can run out of time many times at so many tables.

Szyilard

S

sn0112

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Check out tools such as Table Ninja. I've seen insane videos with 40 tables which would defeat even the fastest manual clicker :)

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you’re playing at multiple tables, you’ll obviously click faster, but it’s important that speed doesn’t go to the detriment of efficiency.
You have to find the golden mean: a quick click - the right decision - with the right number of tables.

Good luck. :)

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Click speed is the speed of decision making. The more we are hurried, the more mistakes we can make. Poker rooms are definitely profitable. You just click and that's it. Clicking a key is much easier than making the right decision in live poker. I would say fast tournaments help players who have little free time.

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Click speed isnt that important even if you play a lot of tables, there is option that you can bind hotkeys for fold and other options.

RimworldDoctor

RimworldDoctor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to not think mouse mechanics were important in turn-based strategy games like poker. I mean, it's just clicking right?

Then I realized how often misclicks can occur. I watched the best chess player in the world lose a game because of a misclick. If it can happen to him, it can happen to me. Mouse speed might be important in multi-tabling, but mouse ACCURACY is my true concern.

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's possibly one situation in online poker where you can get something of a read on a player, where most of the time it's almost impossible. I saw this on one of those online poker tv shows where they were discussing it. A very fast call can be taken as someone hitting the flop in a good way. I find it best to try and take the same amount of time to play each hand if possible. I don't believe that how long you take has any impact on the outcome of a hand unless someone is bluffing and you make them rethink.

sequoia

sequoia

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Clicking fast is not a problem actually, the question is can you take right decisions so fast. Also if multi-tabling it's better to use key bindings to increase speed.

J

Jim_Saras

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mouse click speed

I think there is a bit something to gain by clicking faster on poker but it's the last skill I would practise to improve my game.
For example if you click 3 seconds faster VS someone who plays one hand every 10 seconds this practically means:
8.5hands/min VS 6hands/min
510hands/hour VS 360hands/hour
This means that you gain a bit of time but I can think of a lot more skills to master before mastering mouse click speed.

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I click before my brain has time to think so I would say fast clicking is a double-edged sword! :D

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What difference does it make with how fast you respond in the game. Maybe you decided that the speed of the answer affects the cards dropped on the table. Then you are mistaken, since the cards that will lie on the table are determined by all five sequentially immediately before the deal.

rion85

rion85

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
HU
Chips
I think it doesn't depend on the clicking speed but the speed of your mouse cursor.
If you play just on 1 or 2 tables it doesn't matter, I think.
But if you have 2 or more screens and you play on 8-16-etc. tables, yes. In this case you need a faster mouse. Usually I play computer games too, so I have a 16000dpi mouse which could be very fast.
So, I think a cheaper gamer mouse with a bit better dpi is enough to play poker.
DPI is the number of dots per second that your mouse registers when you move it. Based on thet understanding, it is fair to assume that a higher DPI means you are getting more accureate trackink.
A cheaper mous needed when you sometimes getting raged :)
By tha way, I have a razer trinity mouse. In my opinion this is one of the bests.

:6c4::8c4:

P

ProfessorGrind

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mouse speed is important - if you grind multiple tables for hours/day you want to minimize the stress to your wrists.

T

the_bridge222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is important for multiple tables.

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, watch 9:20..

Always slow click like you are thinking:)

A

adjacentcape1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think that clicking speed is relevant, because there is no need to increase the speed of your input, since poker requires more tactical thinking than quick decisions.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I don't even think of click speed. If you are, then you are using a mouse. Why would one use a mouse these days when there are touch screens? Keep mouse clicking if you want, but those days are gone for me, much like MS-DOS.