Difficulty in Micros Buyins, Medium buyins

nicolaucentro

nicolaucentro

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What would be the biggest difficulty of players to climb micro limits, for medium limits in tournaments. bankroll management and have to regress to the Micros again? Difficulty in adapting against regulars players?.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What would be the biggest difficulty of players to climb micro limits, for medium limits in tournaments. Bankroll management and have to regress to the Micros again? Difficulty in adapting against regulars players?.

Thank U 4 Posting.

Bankroll is easy it is math. Moving down when you are losing is easy, it is self control.

The hard part is learning to play vs players who do not just donk off stacks. Nobody folds in the micros so you do not bluff often and You max bet all your nut hands. EASY.

Nobody in the micros puts you on a hand and then puts pressure on you regardless of their holding. So folding is often right in the micros but will kill you in tournaments with skilled players.

Are you good at reading villain ranges or have you just been winning vs the straight forward donks?

Have you read up on GTO bet sizing vs skilled players?

Micro players have no preflop 3 bet range that includes bluffs. Do you know how to combat a player that does?

Have you ever raised or do you just call knowing your villain was out kicked by You?

Have you ever bluffed and lost but knew it was the right action?

How often do you think you need to be bluffing vs skilled villains?

How often do you turn weak made hands into bluffs?

Good players use the BTN like a hammer have you ever had to defend vs a player who reads boards and your hands really well?

Good players play the bubble in tournies very well. Do you know what range you should be defending with vs skilled villains in that spot?

Are you ok with losing on the bubble more often than slinking in to the money?

I just wanted to get you thinking about what really matters when you move up. It can be a dramatic shift in how you play when more skilled players are present in the player pool.

Hope this helps

:):)

T

the_hnicos

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank U 4 Posting.

Bankroll is easy it is math. Moving down when you are losing is easy, it is self control.

The hard part is learning to play vs players who do not just donk off stacks. Nobody folds in the micros so you do not bluff often and You max bet all your nut hands. EASY.

Nobody in the micros puts you on a hand and then puts pressure on you regardless of their holding. So folding is often right in the micros but will kill you in tournaments with skilled players.

Are you good at reading villain ranges or have you just been winning vs the straight forward donks?

Micro players have no preflop 3 bet range that includes bluffs. Do you know how to combat a player that does?

Have you ever raised or do you just call knowing your villain was out kicked by You?

Good players use the BTN like a hammer have you ever had to defend vs a player who reads boards and your hands really well?

Good players play the bubble in tournies very well. Do you know what range you should be defending with vs skilled villains in that spot?

I just wanted to get you thinking about what really matters when you move up. It can be a dramatic shift in how you play when more skilled players are present in the player pool.

Hope this helps

Awesome post very informative and well written. The only thing I can add that has helped me is to take breaks if you feel tilted or not playing your best.

shane4050

shane4050

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank U 4 Posting.

Hope this helps

No, Thank you for posting these questions! this is a thread im going to have to follow, sit down and read before i get into a mtt. All great questions to put tournament play into perspective vs stt sng as i sometimes have trouble adjusting when i multi table sngs and have a tourny in the mix.

M

marcumx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i've played on multiple levels, play isn't much the same. i would say that the only stat on micro levels is picking spots to bluff, ppl on this level aren't going to be bluffed off too many hands. i shoved on a flush and str8 boards multi times when the villain i'm up against has a much smaller stack and get called with bottom pair.