Didn't Practice Proper BRM - Storytime

3betfish

3betfish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Been playing a lot of live NLHE and some PLO here and there. When I play online, I really enjoy playing PLO as it is a nice change from my typical NLHE 6 table grind at the microstakes.

My online bankroll was $180 and I was taking shots at $10NL. If I dropped down to $150, I would go back down to $5NL and work my way up again. With my $180 roll, I decided to take shots at $100PLO and turned my bankroll up to $1200. After that I got hooked to the 'higher' stakes and grew up to $1500. Eventually I played this hand:

Hero looks down at KhTh9c8c
Board: QhJh2h-3d-9c
I had $1400 stack in $3/$6 game and played for my entire stack against the very nut flush. 2nd nuts wasn't good enough, and I should've known after his 4 bet.

I lost my entire roll and fell back down to ~$100, which I played away in tilt.

Attached in spoiler are graphs lol:
f6f01aebf0bd513f08e4f5aae04d3817.png

c7d462e16f3354acdca3cfe0bd256897.png

(Yes I still practice good BRM in my live poker roll. Yes I learned my lesson. Yes I will still grind online and attempt to build a roll and get better.)

Other than that "badish beat", I been playing well at PLO. Rarely make mistake as I found that people are playing TOO MANY hands, calling pot raises too frequently and limping too often. So I simply tightened my range and played post flop as optimal as I can.

Just wanted to let my frustration out on this thread. Anyone can berate me and say "you shouldn't do that shit" and stuff like that - obviously this is all textbook stuff.

nitulbhatia

nitulbhatia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sucks you lost that much money after winning it, good luck recovering.

Brandlad

Brandlad

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always remember "Whether a melon strikes on the knife or a knife strikes on the melon. It is always bad for the melon".
Always try to be a knife rather than becoming a melon.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very sad story but good thing here is that you realized your mistake instead of blaming luck for it for example. Everybody makes mistakes sometimes but if you understand that and try to avoid it in future that is something good. Good luck with recovering your bankroll. :)

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't worryu Bro, we all have been there :)
if it would have worked out, It might have been the story of the week.
just learn your lesson, sitting at home with no one to blame you (anonymous) leads rather to such mistakes than going there, taking out the money of your wallet, knowing you have to drive back home...
Know what I mean?
online is sooo much quicker to make wrong decisions.

Stay to your BRM ALWAYS, you worked so long for it....

TinkCzru

TinkCzru

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That sucks dude. But like you said all we can do is learn and get better. It seems these situations always happens when we test our limits or play a higher tournament; like clockwork, and it will leave you feeling crazy sometimes (I’ve done it too), but it happens.

Kk Aa, 2nd nut vs nuts. It’s poker dude, but variance will even out as long as we understand our mistakes.

J

jaggafrig

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes this happens you must remember what Grant Cardone says

rule number one don't lose money
rule number 2 don't lose money
rule number 3 always make money