The development of poker.

uriell

uriell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dear players, the poker of the future is much different from the poker you played before. The style that used to be called conservative is not important now. Books written 10-20 years ago have completely lost their relevance. They can only give superficial knowledge. Now, to succeed in poker you need to practice every day.

ROman77

ROman77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've read poker books,studied them for years..I play poker online ,believe me the knowledge that give books, professionals-are not suitable in the world of online poker:)In many hands there is simply no logic, it is extremely rare to read the opponent correctly..

Online poker requires discipline and will be a plus:)

I earn a little poker, but I have a plus)

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I agree with you. Practicing each day is necessary in order to be in shape. But, it is also important to study every day, read relevant articles and books.

Reload

Reload

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But that's the evolution of everything. Books are there to help in general aspects, the game itself will bring many things with variables, luck, etc. But that comes in books too, surely you need to read the worthy ones, specially if you play online, there are many directed only for that case.

M

Meepomancer1122

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Books and studying are still completely relevant. It's near impossible to earn money without knowing the maths of ICM and some other things such as applying pressure on the bubble

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a game of constant adaptation. In poker you need to constantly evolve and practice. Basically practice helps to improve their skills.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I believe that books are very important for the development of a successful player. You will not find any information you can get from the books anywhere else. I have some of my favorite books that were very useful to me, for example:
Jared Tendler "The Mental Game of Poker"
Ed Miller "Texas Holdem for beginners"
Good luck.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker have several different aspects. If you want to be successful poker player you need to first know some basic mathematics and statistics as well as to have some basic knowledge about bankroll management and mental side of the game. These are things that do not change with time and books are relevant, good and fast way to learn them. When you have the basic knowledge about the game it becomes more important to practice the game regularly and adapt it to the new things that you see constantly. Both practice and books are needed if you want to be good player.