Desire to succeed

marcofud

marcofud

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Starting to play poker is often motivated by a desire to entertain, break monotony and boredom, as well as a desire to succeed. An important fact is that it is a need to experience the tension, thrill that arises during the game. That's why poker players play to experience a strong experience. Do you agree with that?

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do agree. It's also a game that we all enjoy and try to master. There's so many different strategies and opinions and I truly enjoy it :D

G

Gr1ndah

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree! A lot of people are forgetting why they are playing and than boredom gets the only factor. As long as we combine these factors and probably some more it's the right way

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not agree, most likely the tension and trepidation experienced during the game of poker is a side effect.
Euphoria, joy, feelings that are experienced during a big win, for this and play poker.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I started playing poker for fun. Of course, I wanted to win money, but for the most part, I wanted to have fun. It has been over 10 years since then. Now, poker is an integral part of my life.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I was attracted and then absorbed by the mental aspect of the game not so much the gamble itself. The more I watched poker the more I realized it could provide me with skill sets I could never develop in other fields.

The thing I love is that poker is a constant challenge on multiple levels. You can never learn poker, never think you have it 'bested'. Everyday can bring highs and lows almost impossible to find/duplicate elsewhere.

L

lontrus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Starting to play poker is often motivated by a desire to entertain, break monotony and boredom, as well as a desire to succeed. An important fact is that it is a need to experience the tension, thrill that arises during the game. That's why poker players play to experience a strong experience. Do you agree with that?

This is true. As long as you manage your budget responsibly and don't let it interfere with the rest of your finances, it's a very safe way to have a LOT of fun.

I've learned more at the poker table than anywhere else and these lessons keep me rock solid in my personal and professional life.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me poker is a useful hobby that allows me to have a good and fun rest. But I hope in the future, I will be able to start profiting from the game.

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course everyone wants to succeed in poker, but it takes a lot of time, work, a good mentor. In order to gain skills you need to have enough money to participate in tournaments. And the most important thing is to be a favorite with aprons.

dgellitson

dgellitson

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Do you know what I find strange, its the fact I started to play poker to relieve boredom yet know I find myself getting bored whilst playing! I think I'll take a few weeks off and use that time to work on my game through study.

but i'll still play the 15 years freerolls, not missing out on those, no way Jose.

Last edited by a moderator:
jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree that in the beginning people play even out of boredom and to entertain themselves, but after a while they really play it with the intention of making a lot of money and that's when the danger comes, because when she loses she thinks she will recover next and so it sinks deeper.​

Last edited by a moderator:
X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
logical Well it's good to succeed in everything we do in life but in poker for me does not matter much yet because the game only for pleasure but one day I hope to study to succeed

C

charliej

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Funny thing. I see a lot of similarities between poker and golf. Sometimes you play exceedingly well and get great joy and the next thing you know you are humbled beyond belief. And both pastimes involve betting. Bottom line, n
either can ever be mastered although trying to do so is what makes both games so alluring.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I confirm, the desire to succeed and to be a profitable player is very important because it allows you to surpass yourself. to improve your game and reach a good level of poker games. you have to be very motivated and have to make huge sacrifices.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my case, everything was corny. I was on vacation, had a lot of free time, and not to be bored, I tried to play poker. It so happened that every day I liked the game more and more. So now this is my favorite hobby.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe, that all play from for rapid money!

M

martina pinto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The desire to succeed is what makes us be and become winners. We think the plays well and we fold when we have to. The desire is what will lead us to victory

tehb1987

tehb1987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Initially, there was a desire to understand the unusual game. They're not just cards. It's a kind of chess. Head warm-up.

rfbh54

rfbh54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a desire to learn how to make money on poker, and now I'm trying to improve my game.

Aprendiz_Edu

Aprendiz_Edu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree,but I had never played anything like that; I started playing because I found it interesting, today I play for the love of the game and the adrenaline it gives us.

I want to make a lot of money from poker one day, so I study today.

D

DamocValentin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I totally agree. You need from time to tima an experience like this

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People play for different reasons. Some like the game itself and the social element, other play strictly for money and third are pure gamblers. It is fact that the gambling element mixed with the skill and luck factor (variance) makes this game unique hence loved by so many different people.

kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
totally agree but always with the dream of going big that in my mind is what the majority of players want

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First and foremost I play for money.
Thrill and entertainment IS a factor, but it's far from like playing for the experience only.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think that starting to play for 99% of the people has to do anything with a desire to succeed. Mostly has to do with having fun. Then end up making a small minority happy by donating their money to them. Those who happen to have some good results early on are the biggest donators later. Thankfully a strong fun experience is all is needed.