Deep-Stack x Short-Stack

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been studying two strategies DEEP-STACK x SHORT-STACK. and I want to share this with you.

* Playing deep-stack is much more complex than playing short. That's because we have plenty of action options on every street, from pre-flop to river, and our implied odds increase just like our reverse implied odds.
Our maneuvering space also changes, as well as the value of our hands, which have a greater or lesser weight depending on our stacks.
We have to keep in mind that playing deep we need to make nuts, to extract the maximum of chips of the opponents, because to make a top pair, does not guarantee much that we are in front, and therefore we see our stack disappear during the tournament by not knowing how to call when we're deep.

*The art of playing short-stack in a tournament requires a lot of strategy, it is probably the time when we should be more attentive since any mistake here will imply a much larger proportion of our stack than when we are playing deep since will cost the tournament. when we are short we need to value a top pair, a middle pair on a dry board, we need to be more aggressive and keep in mind what is doing correctly in the long run.

Being careful not to miss any chance of accumulating chips is essential when we are short, as we may not have another chance for a blind steal, for example. Learning the shove, resteal and call-to-shove ranges is also a critical part of having a good short stack game.
The "short stack" state is one of the most important parts of the game to work on because most of a tournament is played that way - and especially when it is worth the money: on the final straight.

If you play tournaments, you'll be in the cut-off with 10big blinds a multitude of times. You'll be in the Big Blind with 15bb facing a small shove another million times, and so on. These are the situations that cost you the most money.
Already that middle-pair with 100bb deep backdoor against an aggressive villain who had just bluffed another opponent will happen "from time to time."
Studying frequent spots is much more important, and in tournaments, short-stack situations happen much more often.
How do you play when you're deep, and short? Is this new, or do you already apply this to your game?

copycutpaste

copycutpaste

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
some times I enjoy playing short stacked...seems like it's easier to get callers.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You get so little practice deep stacked as well compared to short stacked. I would like to get more practice deep stacked some how but dont know where to go to get it.