Dealing With Getting Bluffed

nyjah0

nyjah0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone!

When I play poker I'm always the one who bluff players and loves the feeling of adrenaline rushing in while waiting for your opponent response, but being bluffed and they'll show you their bluff card it's like all the bluffs that you did slapped you right back in the face and it's a really weird irritating feeling. Am I the only one?

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
In tournaments this feeling is utter hell because you know that may be your only chance to make enough profit to get in the money.

In cash games (AKA ring games) this is much easier to handle. You have no pressure to make a huge call if there is not enough information to indicate either that this is a play loose enough to make such a big bluff regularly or to tell you that that player has a good hand but yours is better.

So I am curious if you play tournaments or cash games. If it's the former, that would be why you have this emotional dilemma and there is literally no way out of it. Tournament grinding is very bad for emotional health, only play tournaments for fun not profit.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Probably, everything depends on what you are playing for. If you play solely for fun and adrenaline is your only reward - then everything is fine. If you play to win - then you need to change something in your style of play.

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
If you play to win - then you need to change something in your style of play.

WHAT? How on Earth does the need to change playstyle follow from the objective being to win rather than to get a thrill?

Are you saying it's wrong to play to win?

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are bluffing for the thrill, and not for the sake of winning money from the villain - you will lose.

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are bluffing for the thrill, and not for the sake of winning money from the villain - you will lose.
His question is how to deal with being bluffed and them showing cards after you fold to rub it in.

His question is not about bluffing. You clearly did not read his post before typing.

pedro2125

pedro2125

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
never let yourself be beaten by emotions

When this has happened to me, I give myself some time to think, to breathe and then to return to action , I think that it fails, because we all must realize that in this game we are deceived by not knowing how to use a better strategy than our rival

or I can close the game session and play later that has been more positive most of the time :Rodar los ojos: :RE

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
It is not a nice feeling .... but it is part of the game .... however if you use a good strategy and play very aggressive your strong hands .... hardly that happens to you ... never have to give the initiative to villain ... that's why you always have to try to play with position and aggression ....!

Douglas Gonzaga

Douglas Gonzaga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing is good the bad side is when the villain pays and we lose

pedro2125

pedro2125

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you are not the only one , that is why we must play humble and respect every rival that we are going to face, but that is learned in the long way of this wonderful sport...

Hackerosito

Hackerosito

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When this has happened to me, I give myself some time to think, to breathe and then to return to action , I think that it fails, because we all must realize that in this game we are deceived by not knowing how to use a better strategy than our rival

or I can close the game session and play later that has been more positive most of the time :Rodar los ojos: :RE

you learned friend, before I remember you did not react like this "smiles" :banghead:

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You shouldn't get tilted when bluffed. I mean, it is a huge part of the game, and what makes poker both fun and smart game.
When u are bluffed, look at it from a different angle, like: "hey that was a good river bet, nice job, what a cool bluff" etc.
Besides, if you are in for the thrill, then you had to have felt it when you sweated that decision and eventually folded :)

C

CHAVIKI

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Normally I bluff really good, but again, normally when I get bluffed I loose a lot of chips, lol...

fabiofff

fabiofff

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I get along with the bluffs.
one of the main characteristics of poker and a key fact to success is knowing how to control your impulses, knowing when you can try a bluff, really believing in the move. It will depend on several factors whether it will work or not.

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's good not to bluff so much, or not to let them discover your bluff if they have not always called your bets. Stay alert, sometimes emotion will not make you profit.

bahajan

bahajan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when the bluff open not a pleasant situation, but we need to bluff

subaru16162

subaru16162

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I find I've been bluffed I simply think no biggie. Well done on the player for getting it through. Take not and learn.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I guess most or all poker players bluff sometimes. In life there are times that we can bluff also. The feeling of being bluffed in my case is from feeling a little angry till a smile occures because bluff is a common thing in poker.

zsoltyx2

zsoltyx2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depends!
before or after bluff: P

zsoltyx2

zsoltyx2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
whether it was worth it or not

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
I usually say out aloud "you cheeky fellow", or words that mean the same, then forget it and move on. Also, never ever respond via chat.

It's a complete waist of energy, getting upset over something that's happened and cannot be changed. It's just part of the game. Remember, "don't get mad, get even".

nyjah0

nyjah0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for these great response! got bluffed again but now I kept my cool little by little! I think I'm just not used to on things in poker since I'm still new to the game.

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for these great response! got bluffed again but now I kept my cool little by little! I think I'm just not used to on things in poker since I'm still new to the game.
Are you playing tournaments or cash games?

wlad20082009

wlad20082009

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
I don't know ?! I usually have it depends on my mood !
img_angif-vent-your-spleen.gif
jemocii_7.gif