Deal at the poker table

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen! Today I looked at poker sites and came across a question about a deal on the final table. I remembered one world tournament with an entrance of $ 50,000, which I watched on TV. Players who reached the final table agree that the six remaining share the remaining the prize pool is equal, when there are six players left, the Chipn leader, after consulting with friends who were spectators refused to divide, insisting on a full continuation, he turned out to be an unknown person in poker circles. In my opinion, this is dishonorable. I wanted to know Chez mnenie. Sergey respect

zam220

zam220

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think if it's a lot of money for a player, it's better to make a deal !But if the money doesn't put pressure on you ,then you can do without making a deal !

Vlad Tapu

Vlad Tapu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's not about the respect. That meens you can be a respected player even if u refuse the deal. It s about the money, your position, your style, your call. You decide if it s better for you to deal or not. You should not give a thing about what people think. Everybody is playin for themselves. Isn t it right ?

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's not about the respect. That meens you can be a respected player even if u refuse the deal. It s about the money, your position, your style, your call. You decide if it s better for you to deal or not. You should not give a thing about what people think. Everybody is playin for themselves. Isn t it right ?
I didn’t write about whether or not to agree to a deal, but that he initially agrees, and when he becomes Chip leader refuses

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, it’s never dishonorable to decline a deal/chop in poker unless someone is trying to go back on having previously agreed to a deal, changes their mind afterwards and attempts to cancel it. (I’m a little unsure of if that is what you mean from your post, so sorry if I am misinterpreting!)

In live poker, I’m often the “annoying” one that politely declines deals—wether we’re talking final table chops or pools that get started to pay the bubble. Generally these are things that are not in my favor, and poker is all about finding favorable spots to wager on.

Oftentimes people are shocked when I decline, I guess because I’m a friendly, outgoing person so it seems particularly surprising that I’d go against the grain. I’ve actually been physically threatened a few times for this, and wrote a blog about the “bubble mafia” years ago—a name I gave the people bullying others into a cash collection to pay the bubble.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I'm not mistaking, Full Tilt offered a chop with a percentage of what the stacks were to the prize pool. To me that is way to go.

Don't see it as dishonor to refuse a chop.

Z

zhilipp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didn´t quite get it.

Did he agree at first and then changed his mind or did he refuse in the first place?

A fox 666

A fox 666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I understood correctly, the player, having entered the final table and still not the chip leader, agrees to the deal. Further, during the game, becoming the chip leader, he refuses his consent to the deal. Then it’s just disastrous to the participant in the final table! - hold it!

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If a person doesn't want to divide, then what's not fair? This is a voluntary decision.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
There is this option of deal in online poker, at the final table, but I wouldn`t use it, or I wouldn`t agree with a deal, because I prefer to reach the end and try to catch the first position!

stampide

stampide

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use option of deal. I sink it depend how much chips you have in final table.If you are short why not? You will receive more winnig. In any reason it will be depend from benefit this for you or not.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen! Today I looked at poker sites and came across a question about a deal on the final table. I remembered one world tournament with an entrance of $ 50,000, which I watched on TV. Players who reached the final table agree that the six remaining share the remaining the prize pool is equal, when there are six players left, the Chipn leader, after consulting with friends who were spectators refused to divide, insisting on a full continuation, he turned out to be an unknown person in poker circles. In my opinion, this is dishonorable. I wanted to know Chez mnenie. Sergey respect

I agree with you sort of, but ultimately you have to do what is the most +EV for you

and sometimes your friends who are not under as much stress/exhaustion as you know better

:confused:

Even who wants to be a millionaire has the phone a friend option!

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is not a meeting of friends, everyone decides for himself what he should do.:confused:

Only_player

Only_player

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
This is the case of each individual player. If he immediately refused to share then I respect his choice. But if in the course of handouts a person changed his mind and broke the deal then it is not human and with such people I would not even want to say hello