Day Trading Or Poker Full Time

NUGGEETTEE

NUGGEETTEE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Crazy but true. Which one would you do? :bike:????

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
They both have a certain gambling element to them. I would probably choose whichever one offers the most potential for profit against the least amount of risk. Also whichever one leaves me the most free time to spend fishing.

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Day trading as much less luck involved. You have to be very knowledgeable but when you make the right move you will succeed much more often. Heck, just investing your money in an index mutual fund will earn you much more than playing poker full time with no time involved.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Crazy but true. Which one would you do? :bike:????
Would do both as a third or fourth part time sideline gig or hobby as they are interesting and have possibilities,
But to make proper guaranteed to keep your bills paid safe money with pension,healthcare all the trimmings for example would prefer clocking into a good paying job all year around first.
Enjoyed trading going to car boot sales and markets selling stuff and buying stuff too before Covid-19 as find that interesting some days are great big earnings,
Other days are a complete waste of time taking hours travelling carrying and setting up then torrential rain all day for example with nobody there and I lost petrol money and stall set up fees.
Think any type of day trading and poker also can be like this and when the bad days are more than the good days can be disappointing neither for me anyway could be my main full time gig to be honest.

NUGGEETTEE

NUGGEETTEE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Day trading as much less luck involved. You have to be very knowledgeable but when you make the right move you will succeed much more often. Heck, just investing your money in an index mutual fund will earn you much more than playing poker full time with no time involved.

Very true BUT the market manipulations is so blatant that is feels sometimes lucky to make the right stock or index move.

NUGGEETTEE

NUGGEETTEE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would do both as a third or fourth part time sideline gig or hobby as they are interesting and have possibilities,
But to make proper guaranteed to keep your bills paid safe money with pension,healthcare all the trimmings for example would prefer clocking into a good paying job all year around first.
Enjoyed trading going to car boot sales and markets selling stuff and buying stuff too before Covid-19 as find that interesting some days are great big earnings,
Other days are a complete waste of time taking hours travelling carrying and setting up then torrential rain all day for example with nobody there and I lost petrol money and stall set up fees.
Think any type of day trading and poker also can be like this and when the bad days are more than the good days can be disappointing neither for me anyway could be my main full time gig to be honest.

I started selling at the flea market and then build a business on ebay and lost the passion to sell. Too much feedback good and bad and it can really ruin. Good Luck

L

LukeSilver

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ive done both and competent in both and am looking at the potential of quitting my job to do both but am waiting to see what happens with the gambling commission and politics and legislation in the uk before i make any major moves.

day trading i found worked best for me on market open the stocks all moving so fast you get in and out very quickly it was some time ago i did this but i think if i recall right the markets open at 8am in straight away and out before 8.15 normally out before 8.05 and done for the day but in order to do that correctly involved many articles read and listening to random news and following several companies and many hours of research.

poker i find is best done from 6pm onwards if i went rogue as i put it and just went gambling for a living full time id do poker 6pm-1am and then wake up at 7 am have coffee and a small bite to eat listen to news and read up on financials be in and out before 8.30 am back to sleep wake up about mid day chill for a bit then poker.

this is what i want from life this is how i want to make my money and live life.

C

ChicoRSC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is more safe in my opinion... I don`t believe in good future with IQoption or something like that.

amatola

amatola

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I have more success playing poker as i have a possitive balance, no matter how small than a trader where I am deffinrtly in the red.

I find it much easier to have good bankroll management in poker than in trading. the emotions of fear and greed are stronger in trading.

That said - I learnt some serious lesson when I traded that I took to poker. Maybe I would take some lesson learnt in poker over to trading now?

pedrovitorcosta

pedrovitorcosta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Poker for hobby, trading for profit rsrsrsrs

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you also mean Forex in day trading and poker is online I take Forex every time. If poker is live face to face, then it is a toss up for me. I enjoy Forex trading immensely but I really like a good table game of NLHM.

D

darkgonz

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
PE
Chips
I think poker is safer when you know how to play it

poker_bro

poker_bro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am planning to do both in future, and some other side project. Need some variance for my life ;)

F

fish_on_tilt

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i was about to open a trading.. ac.. filled all the forms.. but then i find poker started playing.. now playing full time poker..

i will try day trading in future if poker is banned in our state

i think day trading is quick
time saving money maker

poker needs lot of time grinding cash tables and long hrs tornments

tonzinho7620

tonzinho7620

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker for more fun looking for satisfactory results

CptRunBad

CptRunBad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Day trading. With a big enough portfolio and diversity you can mitigate your risk and potentially takes much less effort/grind.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Without hesitation, I choose what brings me the main profit.
Good luck.

EmiTou

EmiTou

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good poker all day although it is not bad for the health complement it with exercises

G

Germanets

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Spent whole day into trading - for 90% people it will be day of speculations, not a day of professional trading.. So, in this case I would recommend poker - you have much less chances to save most of your money in poker versus nonprofessional trading)
If you is professional trader - it will be "day of work vs day of poker", and it's easy to choose - would you work or have fun))

O

oscarhuka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
full time poker and if it is without a break better

J

jorgetorres0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker full time, one must do ll that he likes and what he knows well. Also jugsr poker is a passion.

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In order to day trade in US stock exchanges you need to have a minimum of $25,000 in your account plus some more to give you buying power to trade with if you want to make more than 4 trades a week. If you have zero commissions then you can trade pretty small trades to start out but you still need the 25K to start.

In contrast you upload $50 to a poker site and start playing the micros and work up from there.

So if you have the money to day trade you can give it a try, but you'll be taking more risk. And most people who give day trading a shot will lose money just like most people lost money playing poker. You will need to take the time and study how to trade and its strongly recommended you practise in a simulator first before attempting real trades.

If you get good at it and have the skills it will be more money for less of a grind than poker. But won't come without significant work and risk to learn what you are doing.