Crikey.....It's the rarest of creatures......

PokerPete

PokerPete

RIP Logic And Sanity
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
.....the rebate fish!!!! :eek: :eek:
When you stumble upon this creature in its natural habitat, run, don't walk to the nearest exit!!! :eek: :eek:

Scene: Last night on pokerstars micro NLHE table.

The Players:
Pete, one good TAG 4 later in the rotation, six other fair to moderate players.

Enter the dreaded rebate fish into the open seat halfway between Pete and the TAG.

Characteristics of a rebate fish:
Folded a total of about 2 hand over an hours time. Calls ANY PF bet of ANY size with ANY two cards. Calls to the river with Ace high.

Key characteristic that distinguishes
a rebate fish form any other species:

The rebate fish is especially adept at cracking high pocket pairs or drawing runner, runner full houses after being put all-in......but ONLY when faced with a TAG holding the nut straight or nut flush. Guaranteed to strike once an orbit per TAG at the table. Guaranteed to LOSE to EVERY OTHER player at the table once per orbit.

This guy sat down with about $1.38. The other TAG and myself had about $5 each. Over the next couple of hours, this guy managed to consistently take whatever either I took or the TAG took from the other players plus $.02 or $.03 each and every orbit. He would then lose it all back except about $.05 to every other player at the table. We both had this guy allin a number of times, only to have him hit runner 9,2 or runner 10,5 for a boat of 2's full of 9's or 5's full of tens!!!

By the time the both the TAG and I were "put out of our misery", and decided not to re-buy at this table, the guy had amassed $12.00........approximately my stack, the TAG's stack and his starting bankroll.......and really not a penny more......everyone else at the table had approximately as much as they had when he sat down.......it truley was absolutely amazing to watch.

12skin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its not that rare. The sea is abundant with them. Try switching to a different kind of bait.

pokerrqueenn

pokerrqueenn

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
did it look something like this?

Attachments

• 162084bbcqnkx8w8.GIF
    162084bbcqnkx8w8.GIF
    21 KB · Views: 28
tosborn

tosborn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't forget to tag it. Even if you can't catch it today there is always tomorrow.

reglardave

reglardave

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He's possibly working on FPPs for a bonus of some king. The way PS works them, you get NOTHING until you accrue x number of points, then you get it all in a lump. Personally, I like both FT and UBs ssystem better but I'm getting close to $100 bonus myself, so I can see a ratrionale for being reckless with a couple bucks to get there.

jolubman

jolubman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good players play to win. Fish play to dish out bad beats.