re: Poker & creative and fancy poker
Don't bother until you're playing higher stakes. A stolen post that I have written on a post it stuck on my computer when I play micro stakes:
General tips for 25NL and below:
· If a passive opponent starts raising or betting strong, you should probably fold without a set or better.
· Don’t bluff any fish.
· Don’t play back at any fish.
· Always keep in mind*who*you are playing against.
· Fold more. A common mistake at the micros is to call too much, just fold. ‘Oh but that flop doesn’t his his range, blah blah blah’ –*NO!*Just fold.
· They aren’t playing back at you.*If someone at the micros raises you, they usually have what they represent. If you think a fish is trying to steal from you and you don’t have anything to fight back with, just fold. Let him take the pot, you can stack him later. You will get bluffed at poker and people will steal pots from you, get used to it.
· Seriously, fold more.
It's certainly helping my winning rate, hopefully it will help yours.