Crazy question?

N

novelidea

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've never played poker at a real table, just online, but I watch it on tv any chance I get.
I've noticed that some players wear big hats and glasses to hide their faces, as not to give anything away.
So, my question is... can you wear a mask? If this is a stupid idea, tell me, but I'd like to know if I could do this, then I would wear something like .... Michael Myers from Halloween. Would this be allowed?

Thank you.

novelidea

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Um...not sure if it would be allowed, but from my experience at the table you would probably be ridiculed by the other players. If you're not in the WSOP or some such tournament, most people I've seen that do this (i.e. wear hats and glasses) on regular tables are viewed as kind of silly. So no, I don't think it's a good idea. :)

tonymaclennan

tonymaclennan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think its a good idea!

If somebody at my local poker host wore such a mask, it would brighten up my night - although you would be ridiculed - ALOT lol

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you need to wear a mask to hide anything, you probably shouldn't be playing poker in the first place.
But whatever, to each his own, I guess.

N

novelidea

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
But ...

Thanks for the replies, and I do agree that I could be ridiculed, but won't it also intimidate, to some degree, and could that depend on the mask?
Like, what about a Hanibal Lecter mask, with red shades on. Hmmm?

novelidea

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Thanks for the replies, and I do agree that I could be ridiculed, but won't it also intimidate, to some degree, and could that depend on the mask?

novelidea
:laugh: That creates a great visual! Literally LOL. :p But really, no one would take you seriously...unless...that's exactly what you want to happen? :hmmmm:

Q

quads

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How about a Freddy Gruger mask and bring a chain saw, a real one with gas in it. After a bad beat then really fire it up.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

novelidea

You could wear a mask of Medusa if you want, but I would doubt it would help your game too much.
If anything, you would be the one distracted, thinking about whether or not the other players are intimidated.

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i wanna wear a phil hellmuth mask while at a final table with phil hellmuth.

4Aces

4Aces

is watching you
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If anyone was sat at my table wearing a mask i would just class them as a total idiot. But, maybe thats how you want the table to think of you?

tonymaclennan

tonymaclennan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If people didn't take you seriously, if played right, couldn't that be beneficial?
You could be paid-off well when you have the hands!

JimboJim

JimboJim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gavin Smith lost a bet with Joe Sebok and had to dress as Spiderman at the WSOP (2 years ago I think), so yea I would imagine it's allowed.

How about a Freddy Gruger mask and bring a chain saw, a real one with gas in it. After a bad beat then really fire it up.

The chain saw might not be allowed.

titans4ever

titans4ever

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You could use it as a prop. Hide until you go all-in the first time. Then quick put it on. That would make the whole table crack up. It would probably throw any potential callers off and break their concentration.

titans4ever

titans4ever

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Yeah, but he has bud light!!!!