Controlling your emotions

Joco413

Joco413

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you master controlling your emotions during playing poker?

Can you do it?

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Good question. I try and avoid being hungry or tired.

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think if it wasn't that full of emotions, I wouldn't play it. Key is to play your best poker under any emotion you face during a tournament/day/year/:top:

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Almost always I can control emotions. Poker is just a game and there are things that are much more important.

unnamed72

unnamed72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just play several tables or watch a movie while you are playing - it helps me

teepack

teepack

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Keep track of all the times you suck out on someone. Then when it happens to you it will help you realize that it is poker.

B

bidearm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
very hard to control sometimes but have to work hard to hide it

jre1106

jre1106

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just take a break when I start to tilt. I have to take a step back or I will burn through a bankroll rather quickly.

AMTTT

AMTTT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
forget everything and only think about poker during the game, no emotions distract me, even rude in chat

pepsilv

pepsilv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks guys i just had that isuue but you'all motivation has made me more confident. Thanks alot really apriciated. GL at the tables.!

fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Can you do it?
I just zone in and treat it like a job. I wouldn't have flipped out on a co worker when I was working if they were morons so I try to apply that here. I just take the bad beats as they come and keep on the grind. If you think of it more as I've still got this job to do what just happened can't affect what happens next so lets go I find it really helps. The only time I've ever had words with someone was when they actually lashed out at me. I called their 8 bb shove from the big blind with Q4 clubs and caught a flush to bust em. They got up in my face and said I never want to hear you get pissed at a bad beat again after that call. I was like dude when have you ever seen me say one word to anybody at all on their play, get the F*** out of here? He apologized later on lol.

M

MINUJA

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
breathing is everything

Thee are lots of breathing exercises that are very usefull for achieving emotion control, specially on certain ocasions, like a poker game. There´s an App called Prana breath that i found excellent for training every day or as often as you can. after all, there´s nothing to lose be trying isn´t it?

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me that is a task in progress I think I have improved in terms of being able to control my emotions at the time of playing but I still fall into tilt on many occasions, it is not easy but I think that by developing a little mental control and improving my concentration , I can overcome that weakness in a short time

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
until I learned how to control emotions, I’m very nervous when I lose, I think need to play more poker, experience will help control emotions.

rocketbox

rocketbox

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Can you do it?

Just remember that you can't win every hand. So don't play like a fish, and don't get upset when you catch a bad beat. Take note of every time that you get the money in as a dog, but come out on top. That will help mellow the feels when you win, and lose.

Good luck!

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I control my emotions because i don't care about anything when i play.

ANATOLII1981

ANATOLII1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
calm like a turtle

I personally find it very hard sometimes to control my emotions during the game, especially when you start the rally with a stronger hand after the flop and turn. But then I realized that this only hinders and contributes to an even worse course of the game and hinders the adoption of correct decisions. Therefore, I strive to completely remove emotions and experiences during the game, although during important or significant games this o it doesn’t always work out. Physical training is especially well combined with the game. sports loads remove all negative and superfluous:turtle::turtle::turtle:

A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Can you do it?

Just sit back and relax, if you suffer a bad beat, say to yourself " that's poker "

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not crazy, but sometimes you want to break a computer. I try to play a few tables with about the same buy-in to fly out of one table, it was not so sad.

smknginmaine

smknginmaine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've yet to mater this. Not even close. haha. Knowing this, I take a break or play some freerolls when too steamed and open another table or two of cash to play when I'm feeling good. I just accept my moods and play more or less accordingly.

freddydr87

freddydr87

League Champion
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, in online poker you have to keep it calm for not making bad moves,but in live you have to be more controlled for non off your opponents extract info from your modes.

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Control

For me depends a lot if playing live or online. A lot easier to not show true emotions online then live game but also cant read others online. Either game I am playing I try to 1st remember that it is a game and I will win at times and loose other times.

If feeling i am about to go on tilt from some of the "bingo Players" online I just take 5 or leave that table. Always taking notes on online players helps some as that way it doesn't surprise me or cause me to go on tilt when someone keeps raising with "rags"..

All in all poker is just a game & granted big money can be involved but I only play what I can afford to loose.

Good luck at the tables!

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We all get vexed, some more than others lol

Its true to an extent you can tell when someone is throwing chips at you haha or tomatoes..!!

thats such a great feature on 888Poker does any one else agree ?

it by passes the all in chat blocking feature every platform has which is great!!!

suppose without the chat blocking when all in we would see alot more emotion haha

live tournament we compose our selves a lot more ;) we know our friends are watching and embarrassment keeps us cool lol