Computer Freezing

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Has anyone had there computer freeze on WPN ? I don’t experience this issue every time I play but it seems to happen a lot lately. I just sent my lap top for repair but I was wondering if it’s a software problem with the poker network. I only use my lap top to play poker so I’m not getting it from various sites.

Melbell

Melbell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I notice more that firefox slows my computer down due to multiple tabs. Look in your task manager and see what is taking up resources.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I notice more that firefox slows my computer down due to multiple tabs. Look in your task manager and see what is taking up resources.

Thank you.

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cool just noticed you are in Westhaven, I live in Southbury.

Did it work for a long time and suddenly start giving you problems?

you said it doesn't happen all the time, do you stream music, radio or w/e at the same time? Starting with the browser is the right place to start, but since I assume you will be picking up the PC from someone that is working on it. They should know your specs by now. If you describe to them what you do, they can confirm for you if you are taxing your system or not. If you are dealing with a front desk person ask to speak to the tech that worked on the PC if possible.

How old is the computer? WIFI cards can start to act a little flaky after 2-3 years depending on how they are treated or if your system overheats and that is a relatively cheap fix, but depends on what they would charge to install it for you. Simple test if its Wi-Fi plug an Ethernet cable (Cat5e or network cable) into your router and directly to the laptop. turn off Wi-Fi on the laptop and see if it occurs again. With or with out the browser tabs open.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cool just noticed you are in Westhaven, I live in Southbury.

Did it work for a long time and suddenly start giving you problems?

you said it doesn't happen all the time, do you stream music, radio or w/e at the same time? Starting with the browser is the right place to start, but since I assume you will be picking up the PC from someone that is working on it. They should know your specs by now. If you describe to them what you do, they can confirm for you if you are taxing your system or not. If you are dealing with a front desk person ask to speak to the tech that worked on the PC if possible.

How old is the computer? WIFI cards can start to act a little flaky after 2-3 years depending on how they are treated or if your system overheats and that is a relatively cheap fix, but depends on what they would charge to install it for you. Simple test if its Wi-Fi plug an Ethernet cable (Cat5e or network cable) into your router and directly to the laptop. turn off Wi-Fi on the laptop and see if it occurs again. With or with out the browser tabs open.

The laptop is less than a year old. It’s been serviced by Best Buy 2 previous times. It’s now being sent to the manufacturer for the 3rd. Hopefully they declare it a lemon. I only use this laptop for poker. So I’m not streaming or downloading anything but a couple pokersites. I don’t have much WiFi problems. The only issue that I experience is the computer will just freeze while I’m playing, causing me to shut off and turn it back on. I was basically asking the group to see if the pokersites were causing them problems as well. It’s been frustrating obviously. Southbury isn’t too far.

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have bad computer then maybe yeah...

PS the best, takes least space and most beauty and efficiency.

Helvec

Helvec

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The truth is that he had no problems. You can contact the support team and ask them what the problem is.

escurimX

escurimX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
game in the notebook and do not occur this problem in pokerstars but in 888poker there are some crashes in my notebook