Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To my fellow CC'ers...be aware of these 3 on FTP

IDKWhy
munchkinxx33
remedy5o4

I played in a game and noticed how they were helping eachother out and wouldnt you know they place 1,2,3 and not even a minute after they finished the game they register into another and once again 1 players stack would get low and they would dump chips to the them with a reraise and a quick fold...

Just givin every1 a headsup if you run into them!

D

davem86

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow 2 of 3 are at it again...atleast one of em has brains!

roundcat

roundcat

Creature of leisure
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did you report them to FTP customer service? They take collusion seriously and will look into it and ban the players if they're found to be working together.

D

davem86

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol i already sent 3 cause these clowns played other games after the 1 I played in...and i sent the tourney id numbers and hands for them to observe just to save them some time...I mean it was only 2 bucks but who knows how long they been doing it for!

D

davem86

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
make sure yall make a note on them so you dont forget

C

cam84

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thats good you was on point whith that u should get a bounus for that for real thats mest up poeple gotta cheat to win

D

davem86

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think my bonus was a few suckouts in the following game!

:):):) THX TILT

tbdbitl

tbdbitl

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just because someone plays some SnGs together doesn't always mean collusion. I have some poker friends that like to play SnGs together. More of a bragging rights thing. There's some of them that if reraised by I would instafold to regardless the chip stacks. I know three guys that do this and I would be surprised if hey didn't finish 1-2-3 on a regular basis.

If what you say happened over and over (chip dumping), then FTP should find something. But I would hope that if it only happened a couple of hands FTP will let it go. Hate to see buds having fun playing together ruined for something that really wasn't collusion.

That said, if you suspect that there is collusion by all means report it.

It does happen once in a while. There are just times too that I think people are paranoid.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just because someone plays some SnGs together doesn't always mean collusion. I have some poker friends that like to play SnGs together. More of a bragging rights thing. There's some of them that if reraised by I would instafold to regardless the chip stacks. I know three guys that do this and I would be surprised if hey didn't finish 1-2-3 on a regular basis.

If what you say happened over and over (chip dumping), then FTP should find something. But I would hope that if it only happened a couple of hands FTP will let it go. Hate to see buds having fun playing together ruined for something that really wasn't collusion.

That said, if you suspect that there is collusion by all means report it.

It does happen once in a while. There are just times too that I think people are paranoid.

you chip dump one time to a friend, thats collusion. Do it in your home poker games, if your friends allow it, fine. This type of playing should not be tolerated at all. Soft playing or chip dumping should be punished at any level, at any volume. Many CCers are friends, and they play against their friends the same way - maybe even more aggressive - as they do any player. Friends should by all means take the same tables but their play should not/can not be biased to their friends. I play games with forsakenone and stevencool, and we show each other no mercy, as it should be. We are often on skype at the time, and we do not exchange any info whatsoever, also as it should be, unless the hand is over, like "was my fold good?" "na, I had 2 7 lol"

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you chip dump one time to a friend, thats collusion. Do it in your home poker games, if your friends allow it, fine. This type of playing should not be tolerated at all. Soft playing or chip dumping should be punished at any level, at any volume. Many CCers are friends, and they play against their friends the same way - maybe even more aggressive - as they do any player. Friends should by all means take the same tables but their play should not/can not be biased to their friends. I play games with forsakenone and stevencool, and we show each other no mercy, as it should be. We are often on skype at the time, and we do not exchange any info whatsoever, also as it should be, unless the hand is over, like "was my fold good?" "na, I had 2 7 lol"

totally on point man, online is not the place to show any mercy in a public game, unless it was a pw private game invite only - that's a different story.

salim271

salim271

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wonder if FTP has software they can run on players to calculate the percent chance of collusion...? Just a thought, anyone know?

D

davem86

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play my friends on FTP and we play fair either play or real $$...Trust me these 3 were cheating.

1 player (not of the 3) would raise and they would all come in and play together knowing they have a better chance to win with 6 cards then 2.

Once they would get into a handtogehter and 1 of them is shorstacked they would dump chips.

They did it in the game I played and the following 2 or 3 games because i watched them play

I stupidly said something and they were down to 4 players and oddly enough the chipleader sat out cause he took notice to what i said.
(chipleader was not 1of3 colluders)

They soft played eachother making it look like they were playing while he was being blinded out.

After he got to less than 5 BB's they player came back, moved all in and all 3 called and he lost.

Not soon after he busted out they all 3 moved all in with stupid hands and the game was over.

After that they played 2 or 3 games together.
I dont care what any1 says FTP will decide the outcome and i mean comeon if your gonna cheat atleast try to make it not so obvious!

tbdbitl

tbdbitl

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you chip dump one time to a friend, thats collusion. Do it in your home poker games, if your friends allow it, fine. This type of playing should not be tolerated at all. Soft playing or chip dumping should be punished at any level, at any volume.

I wasn't talking about chip dumping when I said: "There's some of them that if reraised by I would instafold to regardless the chip stacks."

I was talking about saving face on a busted steal. :D

D

davem86

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know what you mean but if the player had 650 and sum1 bet 645 and then instafolded, or bet the minimum postflop, turn and river then insta fold to the shorterstack what do you call that?

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Are you really saying that if it was only a couple of times that it is OK.

Many CCers are friends, and they play against their friends the same way - maybe even more aggressive - as they do any player. Friends should by all means take the same tables but their play should not/can not be biased to their friends. I play games with forsakenone and stevencool, and we show each other no mercy, as it should be. We are often on skype at the time, and we do not exchange any info whatsoever, also as it should be, unless the hand is over, like "was my fold good?" "na, I had 2 7 lol"
Exactly, when we CCer's do what we call an "Invasion" we play against each other just as hard as we would against a stranger, and we usually have a mass chat going on with MSN and no info is ever passed between each other, occasionally I might say to the ppl not involved in the hand that I am holding AA and some donk has shoved back at my raise, but never do we collude in the Invasion games we play.
I wasn't talking about chip dumping when I said: "There's some of them that if reraised by I would instafold to regardless the chip stacks."

I was talking about saving face on a busted steal. :D
It was the following comment that I think he was refering to.
"But I would hope that if it only happened a couple of hands FTP will let it go."
I know what you mean but if the player had 650 and sum1 bet 645 and then instafolded, or bet the minimum postflop, turn and river then insta fold to the shorterstack what do you call that?
Cheating, there is no other answer for it.
(I suppose you could add colluding and chip dumping, but it is all cheating).

Last edited by a moderator:
twoturntablez

twoturntablez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Youve got to be kidding, me and a few of my weekly players can seek a 9 man tourney play together for bragging rights and so long as we dont collude thats ok?

Sounds a bit dodgy especially as we know how each other plays, and if we finish 123 then join another game thats ok too? Too much advantage and I think the sites wouldnt approve of it happening consistently.

suit2please

suit2please

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Youve got to be kidding, me and a few of my weekly players can seek a 9 man tourney play together for bragging rights and so long as we dont collude thats ok?

Sounds a bit dodgy especially as we know how each other plays, and if we finish 123 then join another game thats ok too? Too much advantage and I think the sites wouldnt approve of it happening consistently.

So you can't play with people you know?wtf. Yes it is perfectly ok to play against people you know, colluding is not. It doesnt matter if you know 6 or more people on the 9 person table, as long as no cheating happens. He wasn't saying if they cheated a couple times its ok, just that 1 or 2 things that might seem like chip dumping may not be and is not enough evidence of anything. Like was already said if I go for a steal against a really tight short stack and he 3bets me I might not want to turn over 72o.

Make a note, report to Full Tilt, and be done with it. But come on now of course you can play against people you know.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So you can't play with people you know?wtf. Yes it is perfectly ok to play against people you know, colluding is not. It doesnt matter if you know 6 or more people on the 9 person table, as long as no cheating happens. He wasn't saying if they cheated a couple times its ok, just that 1 or 2 things that might seem like chip dumping may not be and is not enough evidence of anything. Like was already said if I go for a steal against a really tight short stack and he 3bets me I might not want to turn over 72o.

Make a note, report to Full Tilt, and be done with it. But come on now of course you can play against people you know.

But telling your buddies what you had on skype while the game is going on is colluding.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Exactly, when we CCer's do what we call an "Invasion" we play against each other just as hard as we would against a stranger, and we usually have a mass chat going on with MSN and no info is ever passed between each other, occasionally I might say to the ppl not involved in the hand that I am holding AA and some donk has shoved back at my raise, but never do we collude in the Invasion games we play.

I'm sorry but this is plain wrong. Players at the same table discussing through any other channel than the poker room's chat is cheating too as soon as someone at the table does not have access to this msn chat. The players at the same table who don't have access to the chat are at a disadvantage. If you say "I had AA" after a hand and the people on MSN see it but the others don't, you violate the "show one, show all" rule.

suit2please

suit2please

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm sorry but this is plain wrong.

I have to agree. Any extra information given to other players in the same game, but not the whole table is colluding. It does not matter if those players were in the hand or not. Now if your talking to somebody who's only observing the game that is fine, except for the fact that your giving out more information than you should.

tbdbitl

tbdbitl

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are you really saying that if it was only a couple of times that it is OK.

No I'm saying if it only happened a couple of times, it doesn't prove anything and FTP shouldn't do a thing. But, if FTP finds they did it on a regular basis, then FTP should take action against the players.